Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Seeing that it's been announced issue #750 will acknowledge Diana's complete timeline in-continuity (meaning original DC hero and JSA member),
    I'd wish THIS for Diana this year:

1. A coherent history that keeps as much in-continuity as possible. JSA history intact, return to Man's World in the modern era lining up with as much Silver Age/Modern age/rebirth as possible.

2. An upfront explanation of where Steve and Etta now fit into continuity. Ideally nu Etta as a descendent of the golden age Etta, and Steve as time displaced.

3. A reconnection with Donna and Hippolyta, who have mostly been absent from the pages of WW for all of nu52/Rebirth.

As far as writers, fresh takes that don't ignore the (new) established continuity would be great. I loved Rucka but am not beholden to him being the only writer.
    Most of the writers I would call "boring" either take the focus off Diana, or find the need to throw out her supporting cast. I want a writer who writes a good DIANA story, not just an interesting story that happens to involve her.

I also wouldn't mind if we got back to some of her non-mythology based villains. Other than Cheetah and Giganta, they've been ignored too long.

Steve Trevor being time displaced reminds me of Steve Rogers!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-13-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Spectacular Member

Seeing that it's been announced issue #750 will acknowledge Diana's complete timeline in-continuity (meaning original DC hero and JSA member),
    I'd wish THIS for Diana this year:

1. A coherent history that keeps as much in-continuity as possible. JSA history intact, return to Man's World in the modern era lining up with as much Silver Age/Modern age/rebirth as possible.

2. An upfront explanation of where Steve and Etta now fit into continuity. Ideally nu Etta as a descendent of the golden age Etta, and Steve as time displaced.

3. A reconnection with Donna and Hippolyta, who have mostly been absent from the pages of WW for all of nu52/Rebirth.

As far as writers, fresh takes that don't ignore the (new) established continuity would be great. I loved Rucka but am not beholden to him being the only writer.
    Most of the writers I would call "boring" either take the focus off Diana, or find the need to throw out her supporting cast. I want a writer who writes a good DIANA story, not just an interesting story that happens to involve her.

I also wouldn't mind if we got back to some of her non-mythology based villains. Other than Cheetah and Giganta, they've been ignored too long.
    Also, Steve being time displaced is easily done. Being the only man allowed on Paradise Island, he could live there for a while (for x ou y reason)

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Haha, hadn't thought of that, but can't deny it!

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    Also, Steve being time displaced is easily done. Being the only man allowed on Paradise Island, he could live there for a while (for x ou y reason)
    Has that been done before? Steve Trevor being with the Amazons for a while? This would be after they ended World War II, right? He goes back home with Diana? I feel like this could open new doors for some interesting stories and dynamics. Of course, we’d lose some history and development, but there could be tons of stuff built between Steve and Diana if they lived on Paradise Island for a while. Steve’s character could get some interesting development for himself, some for his relationship with Diana, with Hippolyta, and also the Amazons in general.

Spectacular Member

Has that been done before? Steve Trevor being with the Amazons for a while? This would be after they ended World War II, right? He goes back home with Diana? I feel like this could open new doors for some interesting stories and dynamics. Of course, we’d lose some history and development, but there could be tons of stuff built between Steve and Diana if they lived on Paradise Island for a while. Steve’s character could get some interesting development for himself, some for his relationship with Diana, with Hippolyta, and also the Amazons in general.
    It kind of have been done. The issue just before Crisis on infinite earths, Diana and Steve got married (by Zeus no less !) and lived together on paradise island talking about having children. And then Crisis happened. we don't know more about what could happen

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    It kind of have been done. The issue just before Crisis on infinite earths, Diana and Steve got married (by Zeus no less !) and lived together on paradise island talking about having children. And then Crisis happened. we don't know more about what could happen
    In that case, I think it’s worth exploring again, if they decide to time displace Steve Trevor’s age by have him being with the Amazons.

Amazing Member

George peréz writing the title for the next 10 years

That Zeus is never mentioned at all.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Jason Fabok as Artist on book.i'm so tired of Diana getting these 2ns string artist and Superman.Batman and Harley Quinn get the best Artist.

Incredible Member

My main hope is that Diana is from here on out treated as well as Batman and Superman.

By that, I mean that she is given a firm, immovable origin story, history, super powers / abilities, location / base of operations, occupation / purpose (outside of superheroics, whether its philanthropy, education, archaeology or something else), supporting cast, roster of family, friends and foes, weapons and equipment, etc. I'm tired of almost every new writer for Wonder Woman reinventing the wheel.

When someone says "Superman" they think of Lois Lane, Metropolis, the Daily Planet, Clark Kent the journalist, his powers (heat vision, flight, strength, speed, etc), the Fortress of Solitude, the "last son of Krypton", kryptonite, Lex Luthor and possibly also Supergirl, Superboy, Krypto and other villains.

When someone says "Batman" they think of Robin, an assortment of vehicles and wonderful toys in the Batcave (especially the batarangs), Bruce Wayne the playboy, Gotham City, Wayne Manor, the Joker, Catwoman, Commissioner Gordon, Batgirl, Nightwing, Arkham Asylum and a huge assortment of villains.

When someone says "Wonder Woman", they *may* think of Princess Diana of the Amazons, they may know of Themyscira / Paradise Island and they may know of Steve Trevor. They'll probably also be aware of the golden lasso and the invisible jet. That's probably about it.

Although any new "canon" is likely to have its detractors (e.g. fictional Gateway City vs. a "real" city, the power of flight vs. invisible jet vs. both, secret identity (i.e. Diana Prince) vs. no secret identity (i.e. completely truthful / honest), etc), I'd like those elements to be decided upon and fixed. I want them to become part of the shared knowledge and understanding of Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Do they interact at all, has she been featured in the current run?
    I kinda dropped out on following Donna when she was made into an Amazon weapon via clay. That's, and especially her personality, too far removed from the one true Donna characterization for me.

So no, I'd say they haven't interacted in a meaningful way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    My main hope is that Diana is from here on out treated as well as Batman and Superman.

By that, I mean that she is given a firm, immovable origin story, history, super powers / abilities, location / base of operations, occupation / purpose (outside of superheroics, whether its philanthropy, education, archaeology or something else), supporting cast, roster of family, friends and foes, weapons and equipment, etc. I'm tired of almost every new writer for Wonder Woman reinventing the wheel.

When someone says "Superman" they think of Lois Lane, Metropolis, the Daily Planet, Clark Kent the journalist, his powers (heat vision, flight, strength, speed, etc), the Fortress of Solitude, the "last son of Krypton", kryptonite, Lex Luthor and possibly also Supergirl, Superboy, Krypto and other villains.

When someone says "Batman" they think of Robin, an assortment of vehicles and wonderful toys in the Batcave (especially the batarangs), Bruce Wayne the playboy, Gotham City, Wayne Manor, the Joker, Catwoman, Commissioner Gordon, Batgirl, Nightwing, Arkham Asylum and a huge assortment of villains.

When someone says "Wonder Woman", they *may* think of Princess Diana of the Amazons, they may know of Themyscira / Paradise Island and they may know of Steve Trevor. They'll probably also be aware of the golden lasso and the invisible jet. That's probably about it.

Although any new "canon" is likely to have its detractors (e.g. fictional Gateway City vs. a "real" city, the power of flight vs. invisible jet vs. both, secret identity (i.e. Diana Prince) vs. no secret identity (i.e. completely truthful / honest), etc), I'd like those elements to be decided upon and fixed. I want them to become part of the shared knowledge and understanding of Wonder Woman.
    This is something I've been advocating for for years and is so important. All the concepts in her mythos need to get fleshed out.

I hope we get some amazing and fun and nuanced portrayals of the following villains: Giganta, Doctor Psycho, Villainy Inc, Queen Clea, Doctor Cyber, Angle Man, Hypnota, and several others.

My hope is for a writer who isn't afraid of Wonder Woman's feminist roots, is willing to portray those feminist politics in an unabashed and bold way, and is assisted by a dope artist who isn't the least bit interested in objectifying female characters for the male gaze.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That Zeus is never mentioned at all.
    This part. And also that he is nowhere near Wonder Woman's father.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.