Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I hate to say this but I think it's time to reboot Magik's character to make her more streamlined. Magik seems like a fairly convoluted character even new readers would be confused.
    No thank you. The history and the thoughts that got into it is part of why I like her. And frankly her history is not that complicated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    just putting this here in all of its blazing glory
    Great cover.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m certain it could be real. The article says Magik would be used as a gateway to the magical and occult aspects of the XMen. Magik certainly was in the comics.
    Problem with that is Dr Strange and Wanda deal with mystic arts that are far more "family friendly" for the sake of Disney. They can make it more bippity-boppity-boo where Magik's story basically is the type of demonic sorcery that people's parents were scared of in the 70's and 80's. Disney does NOT want to have devil looking demons running around within kids grasps. Dormammu is one thing, Belasco and the concept of Elder Gods is a big ole nope even if they clean up their image a bit. Just too close to what the Christian vision of Hell is about.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Limbo is such a core element of Magik's persona that she would be incredibly neutered if it didnt factor in. I cant imagine them doing her justice without the threat of Darkchylde and the demonic aspects of her are stripped out. Teleporter with a sword doesnt carry the same punch

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Limbo is such a core element of Magik's persona that she would be incredibly neutered if it didnt factor in. I cant imagine them doing her justice without the threat of Darkchylde and the demonic aspects of her are stripped out. Teleporter with a sword doesnt carry the same punch
    I don't think of any version as being a "true" Illyana without having overcome extreme hardship and trauma with grace, but at great cost.

It's like saying a version of Magneto who didn't grow up in a Nazi Deathcamp 'is' Magneto.

The survivor of UXM #160 plus "Magik- Storm & Illyana" who had 3/5th of her soul irreversibly corrupted, taking over one of the planes of Hell at age 13 is the primary Illyana 1.0 I think of, but maybe I'd accept the "little girl illyana" who grew up in the camps of, and undid Age of Apocalypse, then becoming God Doom's first Swan.

I saw no real evidence that the version in Exiles had HellLord status, nor the "What If" version with Soul Staff, although I suspect that one had either 2/5 or 3/5 corruption. (I can't speculate about the one from Excalibur's Cross-Time Caper.)

If there's a 'Disney Princess' version without corruption, who doesn't rule Limbo, or for that matter, if this current Krakoan version isn't Limbo's Hell Lord as Belasco's current occupation of Limbo in Ghost Rider suggests, I'm not sure if any 'True' Illyana is on-stage, but instead lurks Elsewhen, watching All with an eyeroll.

I have similar things to say about not being an intergalactic cross-time Teleporter of armies and demonic hordes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    I don't think of any version as being a "true" Illyana without having overcome extreme hardship and trauma with grace, but at great cost.

It's like saying a version of Magneto who didn't grow up in a Nazi Deathcamp 'is' Magneto.

The survivor of UXM #160 plus "Magik- Storm & Illyana" who had 3/5th of her soul irreversibly corrupted, taking over one of the planes of Hell at age 13 is the primary Illyana 1.0 I think of, but maybe I'd accept the "little girl illyana" who grew up in the camps of, and undid Age of Apocalypse, then becoming God Doom's first Swan.

I saw no real evidence that the version in Exiles had HellLord status, nor the "What If" version with Soul Staff, although I suspect that one had either 2/5 or 3/5 corruption. (I can't speculate about the one from Excalibur's Cross-Time Caper.)

If there's a 'Disney Princess' version without corruption, who doesn't rule Limbo, or for that matter, if this current Krakoan version isn't Limbo's Hell Lord as Belasco's current occupation of Limbo in Ghost Rider suggests, I'm not sure if any 'True' Illyana is on-stage, but instead lurks Elsewhen, watching All with an eyeroll.

I have similar things to say about not being an intergalactic cross-time Teleporter of armies and demonic hordes.
    Yikes. Maybe she is too convoluted...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yikes. Maybe she is too convoluted...
    .................. case in point.

Incredible Member

Empyre: X-Men introduces a new way for Illyana to wear head spikes: glasses frames!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Slender Man messed with wrong Ruler of Limbo.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Slender Man messed with wrong Ruler of Limbo.
    It’s gonna be interesting to see how they transition from her being scared by all the haunted house antics to slicing everyone up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s gonna be interesting to see how they transition from her being scared by all the haunted house antics to slicing everyone up.
    I always wonder how much of 'Illyana' is pretence.

After all, any time she *isn't* wearing her Darkchylde form, she's concealing something.

If she pretends to be scared, pretends to be knocked unconscious, lets herself get beaten up by the Black Widow, taken prisoner by Project Purgatory, or pretends that Xavier taught her English telepathically, she has always had reasons.

For that matter, the Russian accent is probably as much an affectation as Emma's English accent.

Casting spells requires absolute phonetic control, as 'Hell' vs 'Hel', so frankly, Illyana should be able to reproduce any accent she wants, like the unparalleled thespian she is.

ACTING!