Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
    Extraordinary Member

soulsword size 3.jpg

soulsword size 10.jpg

It is very consistently not much longer than a normal sword and is the length you'd see in most shows depicting sword fights.

I think you are being extremely literal when it could have been just a figure of speech.
    She was a 13-14 y.o kid summoning a sword from her soul, which is possibly bigger than it would be for an adult.

Also Magik is referring to Belasco's height as the edge giving him longer reach, she isn't talking about the swords, She even says so "Belasco's taller than I".

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The other characters dont really have many non-super hero connections either. I dont think there is anything special about Illyana in that regard. I think its more odd that they used their human names instead of their mutant names as opposed to it being odd that Illyana didnt use her human name.
    It was maybe a bit weird, but what we have seen of Illyana 2.0, she basically doesn't seem to have any kind of life outside of being X-man and ruler of Limbo. In both roles she is always called 'Magik'. Very few people seem to call her 'Illyana' even in casual setting. So it's probably the name she identifies herself as, rather than 'codename'.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It is very consistently not much longer than a normal sword and is the length you'd see in most shows depicting sword fights.
    Worth noting that historical 2-handed swords were commonly as long (or even longer) than the person wielding them was tall. It was not unusual.

Completely agree with you Ikari, thats what I meant!

And if anyone calls her Illyana or 'Yana it seems to be the people she's CLOSE with

Extraordinary Member

After she came back she got upset when anyone called her Illyana and there was her whole 'I have the body and mind of Illyana but not her soul' spiel she gave to Emma. So her pulling a Batman and identifying primarily by her superhero name instead of her human name fits.

Extraordinary Member