Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RMWH View Post
    It's Phoenix - Resurrection #1
    oh yes!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    One other big change is that there has been no soul sword so far. I don't know what they were thinking having this dramatic reveal shot of her armor and sword forming when she's used both several times throughout the movie already. It's like if in the first Iron Man movie they showed him using the suit five times and then only at the end had a dramatic suiting up sequence. It doesn't work, and since she's trying to keep things secret she's not just going to use it willy nilly like she did in the real movie.
    omg YES.
    Don't get me wrong, when I saw it for the first time in the trailer footage I was ELATED. But from a narrative standpoint, you are SO correct.

Cant wait to see her fight with Pogg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chessboxer; 11-09-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here it is. The final part of my rewrite.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1369014...s-film-rewrite

This is the song I have at the very end. It's about the group as whole, not Illyana.

Extraordinary Member

This song basically describes what Illyana's mental state is throughout the story, and that's why she can't process the idea of anyone fighting alongside her at the end.

Extraordinary Member

I envision something like this playing when Illyana fights the demon bear, starting from the 22 second mark. While something more badass or triumphant could go there, I'm drawn to the idea of something sad like this playing when Illyana fights, to get across that while she's doing all these really cool things, it's a tragedy that she can do those things in the first place. Plus I've long felt that 'Once Upon a December' would be Illyana's 'Disney/not Disney theme.'

Incredible Member

In Savage Avengers #14, Magik is using a physical sword, not the SoulSword, and Juggernaut confirmed remembering she'd torn the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak out of him, so whatever reset might have been happening in HoX, Magik pwning Juggernaut is part of SA history. (Maybe she'll use the gem as a power-up while fighting Pog)

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    In Savage Avengers #14, Magik is using a physical sword, not the SoulSword, and Juggernaut confirmed remembering she'd torn the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak out of him, so whatever reset might have been happening in HoX, Magik pwning Juggernaut is part of SA history. (Maybe she'll use the gem as a power-up while fighting Pog)
    I'm going to be honest, I think it's the artist drawing a weird soulsword. There's no reason to believe it's not, and i don't think they've said anything about it not being the soulsword.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lunarmagik View Post
    I'm going to be honest, I think it's the artist drawing a weird soulsword. There's no reason to believe it's not, and i don't think they've said anything about it not being the soulsword.
    I stopped caring about comic book continuity these days. It's not worth worrying over it now.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I stopped caring about comic book continuity these days. It's not worth worrying over it now.
    but also, tbf, Magik can change the shape of her sword at will, so they have an easy excuse for artistic liberty.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lunarmagik View Post
    but also, tbf, Magik can change the shape of her sword at will, so they have an easy excuse for artistic liberty.
    Oh yeah, here's an idea: have Magik's Soulsword be a sentient sword that won't shut up talking. Why is her sword a sentient talking sword? Because of reasons........

Oh yeah, here's an idea: have Magik's Soulsword be a sentient sword that won't shut up talking. Why is her sword a sentient talking sword? Because of reasons........
    Because the soul of a little girl is trapped inside. See, you can justify pretty much everything!

*shrugs* you people can complain about it all you want, idgaf.
    I don't mind too much if she sometimes has a big ass anime sword and others she doesn't, I mostly care about how it looks. And the savage avengers one is ugly as ****.

Coincidentally, I would like for Sapna to be reborn on krakoa (:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Because the soul of a little girl is trapped inside. See, you can justify pretty much everything!
    The Sapna stuff didn't cross my mind to be honest.

Incredible Member

For me, continuity is the beginning and end of the art-form: Backstory

In "Understanding Comics", the thesis is that the entirety of the medium is what happens in the 'gutters', the space between panels: the readers themselves create all action, purpose, and meaning of those static images in the space between their ears, given the prompts of the sequential art.

I started writing a post a month ago about a 'paranoid' theory I had a while ago, which I now feel is too, too possible the more I think about it, but it would turn the entire X-Men line into a horror series, like how 'The Green' and 'The One Below All' have turned Immortal Hulk into a horror series.

I won't go into that yet, but this recent 'Sword of X' series leaves me doubling down on Backstory.

I have a deep belief that one of Illyana's primary tactics is to "Throw Fights" to win Empyres.

I started writing this post because I went back to my idea of Illyana swapping places with Saturnyne, given that the problem here isn't winning a swordfight, but rather that the wrong ass is sitting on the throne, but we also know that Illyana refuses to Reign in Hell.

The part of Magik 'loosing' at arm wrestling bugged me due to continuity, given that all Magik needed to do was reach back in time, grab the Crimson Gem, say 'Cyttorak', shift to her silver armor over the resulting demonForm, and attempt not to tear off the other guy's arm while winning at the resulting game of 'pogs'.

Other possibilities would be Pog turning into ashes and bonechips when they first touched hands etc.

But then I remembered again that Illyana's primary ability is to fool The One Above All about who's actually in charge of the MU.
    Last edited by G0RM; 11-16-2020 at 10:54 PM.