Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657 LastLast

Didnt she teleport either to or from Asgard and Mojoworld during Claremont's run?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Didnt she teleport either to or from Asgard and Mojoworld during Claremont's run?
    She was able to teleport from Asgard to Limbo once the New Mutants captured the Enchantress. As for the Mojoworld I don't remember her ever doing that. I know for sure they were in New York for the Uncanny annual where the X-Men were turned into kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    She also teleported the wine glasses during the dinner before the tournament. Since her portals go through Limbo first it would seem there was nothing stopping her from going in and out of Otherworld as she pleased then.
    It was also hinted that she let cable and jean psi-link for most of the tournament. But she could basically stop it at anytime.

Savage Avengers #16
    Illyana getting pissed off at a Dragon!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/10/ex...e-avengers-16/

We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member

Chapter 2 of the sequel to my rewrite. Gonna have to find a shorter way of saying that going forward.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1375819...nts-the-Sequel

I'm finding that with this story I'm facing a problem the theatrical release had in terms of how it handled the characters by overusing Dani and underusing everyone else. When it comes to the way I left the story at the end of the rewrite, Illyana just has so much more story left to tell than everyone else. She has the built-in connection to the X-Men which was barely touched on in the rewrite and is getting explored in the sequel. Her backstory was also barely touched on and has so many questions which can be asked and maybe answered. Plus she was the one who was going after Emma Frost's boss from the start. In contrast Sam and Roberto already had a complete arc of getting over their hatred for their own powers and their guilt and Rahne and Dani just don't have as much in terms of story that needs telling. Everyone has 1 or 2 things that can be focused on with them, but nothing compared with what can naturally done with Illyana. I figured Illyana would become the dominant character after the first story concluded, but I didn't realize just how much that would be the case until I sat down to write the sequel. I'm just gonna have to try harder to flesh out the arcs of the rest of the team and give them things to do than I originally thought I'd have to.

Been reading the classic Claremont run of New Mutants as well as Illyana and Storm mini-series.

The New Mutants up to #50 is probably the best X-Men stuff I've read, I enjoyed even more than the X-Men run during that time.

But is Louise Simonson's run worth reading at all? I've read the first few issues of that it is god-awful. The whole stuff with the annoying Bird mutant and them doing stupid competitions with the Hellions.....what the hell???

She only wrote one issue with the Hellions. You might want to check out the Inferno issues, but that's probably all.

Extraordinary Member

Somehow I missed this rumor when it first appeared. If true it would be very exciting and sounds like it would be much better than the New Mutants movie. Unfortunately I have very strong doubts it is true and I don't think there's been any word on it since.

is Illyana using the soul sword currently? what are its properties? (damaging magic characters only?) have her concerns about the Darkchylde personality been resolved yet? Do Belasco, S'ym and N'astirh still exist? Have they all been banished or destroyed yet? (hopefully).

Who is Illyana interested in romantically, or vice-versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is Illyana using the soul sword currently? what are its properties? (damaging magic characters only?) have her concerns about the Darkchylde personality been resolved yet? Do Belasco, S'ym and N'astirh still exist? Have they all been banished or destroyed yet? (hopefully).

Who is Illyana interested in romantically, or vice-versa?
    Yes she uses the sword and it doesnt seem to have clear limitations. It can do whatever she wants. Its as physical as it is magical

Darkchylde is a non-issue. Its not a struggle she has. She can still take a demonic form if she wants but its something she can control except whe she's explicitly lost control in story (having the vaccine forced on her in Rosenberg's Uncanny or touching the magic staff in Empyre)

Illyana has no romantic interests

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes she uses the sword and it doesnt seem to have clear limitations. It can do whatever she wants. Its as physical as it is magical

Darkchylde is a non-issue. Its not a struggle she has. She can still take a demonic form if she wants but its something she can control except whe she's explicitly lost control in story (having the vaccine forced on her in Rosenberg's Uncanny or touching the magic staff in Empyre)

Illyana has no romantic interests
    Correction no she didn't have the vaccine forced to her in uncanny she was wearing an inhibitor collar. The caller was designed to turn off one's mutant ability and for some strange (stupid) reason ět made her a mindless hate goblin Darkchylde.

Nice showing for Illyana today between New Mutants & Savage Avengers!

Extraordinary Member

Looks like she made a new friend. Hope the Limbo demons know not to bother him.

Also the ending page to the previous issue of Savage Avengers now makes no sense and seems to have never actually happened.

Extraordinary Member

In their petition to the Quiet Council all the New Mutants sign their full names except for Illyana, who just writes 'Magik.' Was she being lazy or trying to put her status as a captain behind the petition?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    In their petition to the Quiet Council all the New Mutants sign their full names except for Illyana, who just writes 'Magik.' Was she being lazy or trying to put her status as a captain behind the petition?
    I don't think she's trying to pull any weight. I really think that's just how she signs. After all, of the New Mutants she probably is the one that has the least use of her "civilian" name. No family to return to, technically dead as a kid, all her connections are to the x-men, unlike the others that have been shown kinda "living" normal lifes.