Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holdem View Post
    So what do guys think of magik teaming up with conan in savage avengers in december?
    It's established that Conan is a frequent GodSlayer, and Magik would respect him, and be willing to use him as a catspaw, given she used Legion previously to wipe out an entire pantheon of Elder Gods.

A line in this month's Savage Avengers suggests to me it must be Conan armed by another that does the deed.

It seems possible to me that Illyana will loan Conan the SoulSword.

If Conan goes in first armed with the SoulSword, Illyana could still have a bit of plausible deniability, not wanting to show off too much.

There was also an adventure in the distant past involving the Sword of Bone, an evil sorcerer, and Storm's distant ancestor, which would be an alternative weapon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

Chapter 2 of my rewrite of the movie is up. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1369014...s-film-rewrite

So I am not too up-to-date with the latest X-craziness, but Krakoans can now resurrect pretty much any mutant with their Resurrection Protocols, right? So would there be anything to stop them bringing back kid Illyana - the one who died to Legacy virus? I mean, she is still legit dead, Illyana 2.0 is a different person, no? She did say that she had to 'sacrifice her own existence' for the kid Illyana, implying that they could not co-exist in same timeline or something, but I would this really be a problem? Wasn't there at one point like 3 or 4 different Hank McCoys running around?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So I am not too up-to-date with the latest X-craziness, but Krakoans can now resurrect pretty much any mutant with their Resurrection Protocols, right? So would there be anything to stop them bringing back kid Illyana - the one who died to Legacy virus? I mean, she is still legit dead, Illyana 2.0 is a different person, no? She did say that she had to 'sacrifice her own existence' for the kid Illyana, implying that they could not co-exist in same timeline or something, but I would this really be a problem? Wasn't there at one point like 3 or 4 different Hank McCoys running around?
    You clearly have not read Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    You clearly have not read Hellions
    Correct, as I said I am not too up-to-date and with so many titles around likely not going to be either...

Amazing Member

The resurrection Protocols has rules against duplicates like clones or per one of the writers alternate reality mutants so we are unlikely to get kid Illyana back unless perhaps the adult version dies permanently somehow.

Oh so they have at least some rules. Kid Illyana would not be a clone but I suppose she qualifies as an alternate reality version even though she died in 616. Of course if Illyana wanted her younger self around, she could just go get one herself...
    Any way, hopefully whole Resurrection thing goes away ASAP.

Mighty Member

Kid illyana would 100% count as a clone, i dunno what world you live in where you think that'd not be the case, especially when the current Illyana very definitively has her soul.

I define 'clone' here as something copied from the present timeline person so that they are identical, like when Sinister kept making new and new clones from his Marauders. I would not call Dark Beast, for example, 'clone' of 616-Beast. Any way, that might count as semantics as they would of course have identical DNA and so on.
    Illyana 2.0 has, what, 1/2 or 2/3 of her original soul (I'm unsure how the Bloodstone math goes)? She has never regained all of it, correct? Kid Illyana had her full soul as she was never carved up by Belasco.

Mighty Member

Illyana has all of her soul, that's what the entire New X-men arc was about. By your logic, they could create an infinite amount of previous versions of everyone, but that's just not gonna work.

Illyana is Illyana and they're not gonna bring back kidyana

Oh so they have at least some rules. Kid Illyana would not be a clone but I suppose she qualifies as an alternate reality version even though she died in 616. Of course if Illyana wanted her younger self around, she could just go get one herself...
    Any way, hopefully whole Resurrection thing goes away ASAP.
    She'd still be a duplicate and would only be considered if Magik were to die. If Magik were to die, she's more than likely be brought back as her adult self anyway, not Kid Illyana. It wouldnt be a good idea anyway as her entire family is dead, the world is completely different and she'd be around a bunch of people and a society she does not know besides Piotr. As a child, someone would need to raise her. She'd probably have a tough time adjusting. These are issues they dont have to worry about were they age the body the an adult and give her Magik's memories. Magik is very important to Krakoa so they wouldnt take her off the table and bring her back as a 5 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magik is very important to Krakoa so they wouldnt take her off the table and bring her back as a 5 year old
    Yes no argument, Magik is a strategic asset for them. Well I suppose Jubilee might prefer the kid version. I was just entertaining the possibility that they would co-exist in same timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Illyana has all of her soul, that's what the entire New X-men arc was about. By your logic, they could create an infinite amount of previous versions of everyone, but that's just not gonna work.
    Does she have all of it by now? In 'Dead Souls' Rahne still referred her as soulless.
    I never proposed such a logic as you describe there, quite the contrary.

All-New Member

Illyana has all of her soul now that the Beatrix Medallion was destroyed by Legion, including the three taken from her by Belasco when she was a child.
    In my opinion the child Illyana, who died in UXM 303 was in possession of an entire soul. That child was not the same person as the 616 Illyana who lost 3/5 of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandevil View Post
    Illyana has all of her soul now that the Beatrix Medallion was destroyed by Legion, including the three taken from her by Belasco when she was a child.
    In my opinion the child Illyana, who died in UXM 303 was in possession of an entire soul. That child was not the same person as the 616 Illyana who lost 3/5 of hers.
    I think it's up to interpretation how much of her soul she regained: 3/5 which were in bloodstones, plus her Soulsword, but do they add up a whole? It's not so certain. After regaining bloodstones she still refers to 'remnants of her soul'. Though that might be a metaphor describing all the emotional damage she had suffered over the years. In AvXVS she was described as entirely lacking a soul but that is clearly erranous.
    Undisputably, child Illyana had her whole soul, she was recovered before Belasco did any lasting damage.

By the way, was it ever told what was physically done to bloodstones after amulet was destroyed? Did Illyana and Pixie reabsorb them somehow, or do they still carry them in their person?