Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

So this is a thing, apparently.

Incredible Member

So how close is Kitty to consummating her love for Illyana in-panel, now that's she's kissing random blonds with bangs in tattoo shops?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Incredible Member

"Wanna make out?"

Krakoa clearly has the technology to fuse two ova to make an embryo...

Who would carry the fetus to term, or would they just use the Five and an Egg?

(PS in the last photo, could the tattooist be hiding black spikes in the hair bundles?)

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I have to say, my perceptions of both Kitty and Yana are changing.

I never took Kitty to be bisexual, given her relationship with Peter and her (if I'm remembering correctly) crush on Doug. As for 'Yana, I always read her to be asexual. I never got any feeling that she was really attracted to anyone, even though in a few NM issues she acted "boy crazy", I kinda felt like she was saying things like that because it was expected for someone of her age.

Now, I can definitely see Kitty and 'Yana as a couple.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post

I never took Kitty to be bisexual, given her relationship with Peter and her (if I'm remembering correctly) crush on Doug. As for 'Yana, I always read her to be asexual. I never got any feeling that she was really attracted to anyone, even though in a few NM issues she acted "boy crazy", I kinda felt like she was saying things like that because it was expected for someone of her age.

My personal preference for Illyana's orientation is tragically unrequited romantic asexual, due to childhood sexual abuse in Limbo and the knowledge that she is cursed to kill those she loves (a brief fling with Quentin followed by his gruesome death notwithstanding, technically following both 'making out' and 'kill no human' rules.)

Of LGBTQIA, A is probably the least represented, with Mystique, Cloud, plus the Skrulls and other shapeless representing Intersex.

Illyana as being loving & cuddly but with no sweaty stuff would be perfect for me, including hanging out with Leah in the Deadlands of Battleworld and the poster girl Kitty adventure ( the Beast-Watcher dream sequence )
    Last edited by G0RM; 09-13-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Illyana wouldn’t hurt Piotr like that.

She tricked him into being Juggernaut, damned him to being used by Cytorrak and destroyed his relationship with Kitty. Whats worse is that she could have spared him the torment anytime she wanted but chose not to. She most definitely would hurt him. She's not his little Snowflake
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-13-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Lmao, well that was weird...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

This was funnier than I expected! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post

I have personally never seen any hint that Kitty is bisexual - but I have never read Excalibur which supposedly contains some clues to that direction.
    Kitty and Illyana had somewhat inverted approaches to sexuality in their teens. Kitty always acted and dressed a prude, but she was a serial dater who always seemed to either have or want a boyfriend. Illyana dressed sexy, but generally didn't seem like she cared much about romantic life, outside of few NM issues (mostly those written by Simonson) where she acted somewhat boy-crazy. But even then I don't remember she never had crushes like the others, she just flirted.

Kitty and Illyana seemed friends by convenience - they had not many other peers around, Kitty had hots for her big brother and they maybe saw each other as complementing themselves. Illyana was much bolder and harder and could say and do things Kitty never would. By contrast, Kitty had a normal-ness in her life unusual to any mutant, much less Illyana.

As for Illyana 2.0, she is probably too messed up to have a real relationship and she knows it. She deliberately hurt her brother to drive him away. And if she just wants sex, well, she is a master of a daemonic realm where she can conjure up almost anything she wants. She doesn't need nightclubs or Tinder for random hook-ups.

From meta perspective, it is hard for a writer to develope a relationship for a character who is so strongly built around cold and detached demeanor. As soon as you show them with some warmth, it risks coming across out-of-characer. Though if they managed to do it with Emma Front, I guess nobody is totally hopeless case...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She tricked him into being Juggernaut, damned him to being used by Cytorrak and destroyed his relationship with Kitty. Whats worse is that she could have spared him the torment anytime she wanted but chose not to. She most definitely would hurt him. She's not his little Snowflake
    You're right. She's his sister who wanted to force her older brother to grow up once again, much like Logan did when he let Cain beat the **** out of Peter all those years ago in that bar fight Peter picked with Cain right after Peter dumped Kitty. Remember that?

Face it. Peter has this tendency be a real self-absorbed jackass.
    Last edited by c-lei; 09-16-2020 at 09:56 PM.

All-New Member

So what do guys think of magik teaming up with conan in savage avengers in december?

Quote Originally Posted by Holdem View Post
    So what do guys think of magik teaming up with conan in savage avengers in december?
    Two thumbs up!

I always like it when Magik ventures outside of the X-Men world.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Two thumbs up!

I always like it when Magik ventures outside of the X-Men world.
    it might/will be doomed to fail and wont exist. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdem View Post
    it might/will be doomed to fail and wont exist. The end.
    You lost me...