Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Not sure anyone forgot she can teleport.
    But it did remember she has access to demon armies, like when she did a jailbreak and tore down a prison to free Scott at the end of AvX...

Ironic given the whole bomb-jacket thing
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Do you think Magik will have something to say about ‘mutant magic’? I could see her butting heads with •|Å|•

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Do you think Magik will have something to say about ‘mutant magic’? I could see her butting heads with •|Å|•
    I figure it's gonna end up being something like

"Yo, I'm back from spa-"

*Strange Appears*

"Mine"

And yanks her off Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I figure it's gonna end up being something like

"Yo, I'm back from spa-"

*Strange Appears*

"Mine"

And yanks her off Krakoa
    Totally, especially if they are going to involve her in the Limbo mess that Ghost Rider is dealing with currently.

Incredible Member

Regarding Marauders & Excalibur today:

Will Kitty ever be Illyana's backpack or will Apocalypse ever be Magik's bitch?

I feel weird about all the power-politics going on in Marauders without Magik taking a throne. Doubly so, Excalibur being the X-Universe's magic-facing team seems more absurd by the hour to me, if it doesn't feature Illyana front & center

There's also Ghost Rider #4, very Limbo & Belasco heavy with no explanation regarding Magik...

With the movie coming out in three months, what on Earth is Editorial thinking, putting Illyana on the back burner, while pumping Glob & Kwannon?
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-23-2020 at 03:37 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    she'd have to plant a gate or create one, perhaps in ororo's garden, then in theory she could acess that mutant magic born from the gate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Regarding Marauders & Excalibur today:

Will Kitty ever be Illyana's backpack or will Apocalypse ever be Magik's bitch?

I feel weird about all the power-politics going on in Marauders without Magik taking a throne. Doubly so, Excalibur being the X-Universe's magic-facing team seems more absurd by the hour to me, if it doesn't feature Illyana front & center

There's also Ghost Rider #4, very Limbo & Belasco heavy with no explanation regarding Magik...

With the movie coming out in three months, what on Earth is Editorial thinking, putting Illyana on the back burner, while pumping Glob & Kwannon?
    They’re pumping Magik outside of the X-books (Strange Academy and Savage Avengers).

It would be so dope if somehow someway Yana "felt" Kate's current state of affairs at the end of this week's Marauders and managed to teleport to her aid.

She also appears in last week's Venom:The End.

Just a cameo, but absolutely something I never thought I'd see.

I am OK if Magik is dropped from New Mutants once Brisson/Flaviano take over full time. However, I am sure she will still be present throughout the title in some capacity.

She has enough lined up with her guest spots in Strange Academy, Savage Avengers, & X-Men.

Also, she is one of the great captains, so I am sure she will be used throughout the books moving forward.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    It would be so dope if somehow someway Yana "felt" Kate's current state of affairs at the end of this week's Marauders and managed to teleport to her aid.
    That was exactly what I wanted when I mentioned Kitty becoming Illyana's backpack

I think a lot about Magik throwing fights to make her companions feel important; perhaps Kitty sort of understands that if Illyana takes up all the slack, protects her from every threat, that Kitty will just become Illyana's pet

The New Mutants movie twitter feed just posted a poll:

"What would you like to see next"
    1 - "Limbo"
    2 - Bear?
    3 - The Diagnosis
    4 - The Others

So this means we'll see something that they are passing off as Limbo in the film. Could be just a nightmare type of scenario rather than the Limbo we know and love, but still... cool that they'll at least recognize this part of the comic lore even if in name only.

BTW, Limbo is winning the poll as of this post.

Incredible Member

I am suffering serious Magik withdrawals; two or three pages, one issue a month isn't enough

I've tried rereading issues, Dhalpin3 @FanFiction, these threads on CBR...

'Daily Damnation' and 'Waiting for the Trade' are also excellent websites for Illyana if you too are having trouble getting your daily recommended dose of Magik
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-26-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Incredible Member

I've also tried adding Cthulhu humor to bridge the gap, given Illyana's relationship to the Elder Gods

This reminded me of her:

What's going on with Ghost Rider and Limbo?

What I'd really really really like would be if Leah Williams would kindly pick up 'Yanna's story right there post-space battle and regardless of Savage Avengers, Strange Academy and Brood Swatting...just go with that/this Illayna for a few inspired & a little angry and a lots of joyful issues...please...that...even in tweets and or conversation...please.

Um, I don't think this new era of X-Books will ever have a writer devoted to writing a central role for Illyana ever again.

There will be sequels to the movie however.

But there is Billie Eilish and she's so, well you know, the market potential...all the good girls go to hell...right?

It's a media moment and um, well, Illyana in comics is happening elsewhere now...it's okay...it's...well, I'm fine...I mean...well, I actually don't want to read her in Krakoa really...Boom Boom is doing a fine job and Bobby(Hickman) being the POV telling us about Yanna is okay and fun...but not at all what I'd want to read like, for real...you know?

She's actually really talented though, I mean, I don't she's selling anything package...Billie Eillish sounds really self-made-found to me. It's great that she's crossing through so many genres and realms and just being herself...but the Grammys? Such an odd and sinful world...so very...um, sanitary.

Clean. Like, as writ upon a white board.

I am like an accidental Sharpie...so indelibly wrong...and my fault...entirely.
    Still.

Really, Billie Eilish! I mean it. And the movie will be, they actually say "we needed to make it more scary" - such publicity! Dull hype is kinda great.

What's' going on with Ghost Rider and Limbo?
    Last edited by sungila; 01-26-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote