Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Duggan has also written Magik in issue #9 of his Hulk series.

Mighty Member

Duggan's got a lot of good will with me. He's written a lot of books I greatly enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    This tells me you guys haven't read Savage Avengers.

It's comic booky ass comic books.

It's all about the cast doing dumb cool **** that they shouldn't be able to do cause "SCREW IT, IT'S COOL" is the entire MO
    I have been reading bits, and it reminded me a lot of 90's era X-Men where everyone is saying AAAHHHHHHHHH and flexing all the time. Just not for me. But darn tootin' I'll read this if our gal is a part of it. I did like the image of Strange and Doom porting into the Sanctum at the end like "sheesh, bro... let's get a drink..."
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Incredible Member

What does everyone think of The New Mutants #7?

I like how Meta it got, which is why I was disappointed about Magik's part, who could have been amazing in a super meta form.

Amazing Member

Will we ever know what happened to earth 10192 Illyana?

Anya Taylor-Joy “Illyana Rasputin / Magik” and Colbi Gannett “Young Illyana” - The New Mutants (2020)

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Anya Taylor-Joy “Illyana Rasputin / Magik” and Colbi Gannett “Young Illyana” - The New Mutants (2020)
    I love that pic!

Incredible Member

I just realized, given that they established that the "New Mutants In Space" adventure is being retold by Sunspot, and that he was demonstrated to be an Unreliable Narrator with sex, swashbuckling, and his own egotistical preeminence featured as the core of his retelling, it means Magik's alleged "Make Out or Fight" scenario existed only in Sunspot's fertile imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    I just realized, given that they established that the "New Mutants In Space" adventure is being retold by Sunspot, and that he was demonstrated to be an Unreliable Narrator with sex, swashbuckling, and his own egotistical preeminence featured as the core of his retelling, it means Magik's alleged "Make Out or Fight" scenario existed only in Sunspot's fertile imagination.
    I'd have to check to be sure, but my recall is that Roberto was only recapping selected parts of the story, to set up each issue (so he covered the "missing" bits between issues). Beyond the opening pages, each issue happened in real time, without Roberto Vision, so the events of the issues after the recaps all happened as depicted.

Mighty Member

So Magik just mostly posed around in Strange Academy #1, which was kinda expected.

An interesting thing though is that one of the students is a Limbo Demon which i feel should be addressed.

I think we need to take New Mutants for what it is, a comedy book. The "f*** or fight" is out of character, but so is Karma doing a cute "anime" pose after winning a fight. That being said, G0rm might be on to something that Hickman is using Bobby's voice as a conduit for the comedy aspect of the book.

Honestly though, I don't expect Magik to become some weird hornball sex kitten any more than I expect her constantly on the hunt for Krakoan coffee. It's a cute and funny book, but it's hardly something that is going to be considered cannon in 5 years outside of "that one adventure they had."
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Not much in Strange Academy besides the one panel.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member

I've known of Illyana but never read comics of her before, or didn't leave as big an impression as she should have. The more I learn about her the more impressive she is. I can see why she has a dedicated fan base.

Yeah Strange Academy was good, but it's about the kids I don't expect a lot of focus on Yana in that book.