Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Great points QC. I think in the end we're all just people who have grown to adore and perhaps personally identify with these characters. Frankly I'm glad we're having THIS kind of conversation rather than what Rahne fans had to deal with last year.
    Agreed. Illyana is a font of untapped potential with the capacity to go in all sorts of directions. The lack of clarity in some areas definitely makes it easier for each of us to fill the blanks in our own way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I can respect and appreciate that take. I agree that sexual abuse can certainly be extrapolated from her backstory, but I’m not sure I buy that would prevent her from using the topic of sex to unsettle people. Is it a reason for her to have intimacy issues? Absolutely. Actual intimacy and feigning an interest in intimacy are very different, though. I’d also throw out that Hickman’s take is a bit of a departure and seems particularly dialed up for the sake of comedy since this is turning out to be the most comedic book of the line.

Anyway, I appreciate your affection for and understanding of the character, so I apologize for my earlier dismissiveness.
    All good

We are all posting here because we love the character, so I appreciate your input as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Illyana took charge based on her authority as a captain. Her plan was actually a good one. Send the bulk of her forces to deal with the obvious boarding team while going herself to deal with the secret boarding team, making it look like they had fallen for the enemy's trick. And because she's a beast she could handle the whole boarding team herself. At the same time she kept a team to guard Deathbird.

I wonder if Mondo and Chmber would have disobeyed if they knew it was Magik giving the order, since it was Karma who contacted them and not the Captain.

Since none of the New Mutants are seen among the space debris I assume Mondo and Chamber are the only ones from the mutants who were spaced and the rest are still relatively 'safe' in parts of the ship that weren't blown up.

And, as I said before, Illyana so outclassed her opponents there was no need for the fight to even be shown on panel. She says 'now we're talking' and the next panel is their heartbeat monitors flatlining.'
    I did enjoy that transition and it it turned my to a

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There's no direct evidence she was sexually abused in Limbo. All of the abuse we see or hear about is either physical or emotional.

For me it's pretty obvious she was at least attracted to Roberto since she thought about him as attractive multiple times. People can lie when they open their mouths all the time, but thought bubbles and boxes are supposed to be what a person is really thinking at the time.

I seriously doubt Hickman put half as much thought into that joke as we've been expending on it.
    Being attracted to men while young means little. I had a friend that only ever kissed boys and had a huge crush on her teacher. I even made some passes on her and she refused LOL
    Later she came out as lesbian

We also saw a lot of Illyano not interested on sex

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Being attracted to men while young means little. I had a friend that only ever kissed boys and had a huge crush on her teacher. I even made some passes on her and she refused LOL
    Later she came out as lesbian

We also saw a lot of Illyano not interested on sex
    Yeah I always saw Illyana as Asexual - she never showed interest in anyone

Extraordinary Member

How does that even work?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I've always suspected that Kate wants to be inside Illyana.

Cannot wait...

001.jpg

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder if that's a back-door pilot for the Magic Academy book.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder if that's a back-door pilot for the Magic Academy book.
    Nah. It's just a back door way to reprint a Claremont X-Men story and make some easy money.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    These clips were so amazing....really hope rumor is true she will show up in Dr Strange movie too...amazing choice for actress
    Benedict Cumberbatch, Anya Taylor-Joy, Tilda Swinton, and who to play Belasco?-)

(In the original Fox release, Jon Hamm was cast in the post-credit scene as Nathaniel Essex AKA Mr. Sinister.)
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-09-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Frankly I love it, and I view it more of an "eye roll" on her part to make sure she's "making love not war" to not lose her role as Captain.
    I was extremely disappointed that her picture in the lineup at the beginning of the issue didn't feature an 'eye-role' :-)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Benedict Cumberbatch, Anya Taylor-Joy, Tilda Swinton, and who to play Belasco?-)

(In the original Fox release, Jon Hamm was cast in the post-credit scene as Nathaniel Essex AKA Mr. Sinister.)
    There was a rumor last Spring that they were bringing in Antonio Banderas to play Belasco.

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Thanks for adding to the thread so promptly, Maestroneto!
    How do I buy this cover?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I guess what’s confusing is there’s no real reason why sex would be a taboo topic to someone raised in hell. Considering everything she’s seen and done, using sex jokes to unsettle really isn’t beyond the pale. This is a woman who manipulated the people she loved best in a universe-threatening bid to murder gods. She’s a demon witch and a master manipulator. I can’t imagine there’s much she wouldn’t say to achieve her goals. There are no snowflakes in hell, after all.
    This. She’s ruthless. And brilliant.