Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    bringing this over from the Elizabeth Braddock thread....

... when we’re Magik’s portals portrayed as skeletons?? I’m told after AvX/Phoenix 5, this was briefly the case. Looking for images of it. Anyone?
    Does not ring a bell...
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

... when we’re Magik’s portals portrayed as skeletons?? I’m told after AvX/Phoenix 5, this was briefly the case. Looking for images of it. Anyone?
    Did some research footwork when the description didn’t ring a bell. Given the parameters of post AvsX and Bendis, I’m guessing this Bachalo illustration of Illyana’s Stepping Disk teleportation is what is being referred to...

Amazing Member

What a great panel, love how they say "don't ever go in there"

Yeah, occasionally Bachalo got "cute" with incorporating skulls and other creepy imagery for Illyana.

I loved that run. Made me really appreciate smaller sized teams because we could focus on character development a bit more and personal stories rather than a team of 9 people where all you get is boss fights and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I loved that run. Made me really appreciate smaller sized teams because we could focus on character development a bit more and personal stories rather than a team of 9 people where all you get is boss fights and drama.
    I loved that run too but the team was fairly large

Cyclops
    Emma
    Magneto
    Magik
    3 Cuckoos
    Goldballs
    Triage
    Benjamin Leeds
    Hijack
    Dazzler
    Havok

Sure eventually it grew, but when it was at it's best it was the "Big 4" as the main focus. Even when the kids were there it wasn't as focused on them. Kitty and the O5 showed up and then the roster actually became a bigger thing. But those first 6-8 issues of them forming the school I consider it mainly about the four of them with background qwipping from the kids.

Incredible Member

What kind of agreements and contracts do you think Disney has with film distributers, theaters, Blu-Ray manufacturers etc for 'The New Mutants'?

Why not do a direct-to-streaming release?

With Covid-19 isolation being the "New Normal", and people bored to death at home streaming 16/7, would this be a good time for a direct-release business model, or would one person rent or buy 'The New Mutants' at full price, then everyone else in the world would watch it on some sketchy Russian Pirate Video site?

I can't believe the curse this movie has on delays for theater release!

Is the next thing going to be a giant solar flare to kill the internet to delay the release of this movie One More Time?

I can't even read new comics now that distribution shut down.

I want my Illyana now! ! !

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Sure eventually it grew, but when it was at it's best it was the "Big 4" as the main focus. Even when the kids were there it wasn't as focused on them. Kitty and the O5 showed up and then the roster actually became a bigger thing. But those first 6-8 issues of them forming the school I consider it mainly about the four of them with background qwipping from the kids.
    Did you catch AvX: Consequences?

With Cyclops, Magneto, Danger, and Magik?

The line "Villians It Is" still gets to me, when the group finally start heading to break Scott out of jail after he had saved Mutantcy from the Decimation (and killing Xavier, nearly saving humanity from what's happening now.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by G0RM; 04-12-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Yup, as panned as that whole arc of AvsX / Consequences / All New / Uncanny Bendis run is... I really enjoyed it. Could have had better art for most of it, but it gave me plenty of chills as an Illyana fan.

As for your other question...

The biggest issue is that Fox still has some contractual obligations with the film. They promised HBO the steaming rights post theatrical release of all FOX titles. If the movie went straight to streaming on another service it would not only cause issues with HBO but I guess there is contractual things with the cast as well and those would all need to be re-done to some respect. Now, I'm not sure if there is some kind of "act of god" clause or insurance in these type of things to help that along, but so far there is ZERO news on that front on what's really going on. The best I've seen is that perhaps Disney can push to D+ or Hulu because if the movie was never theatrically released, it doesn't fulfill HBO's ask.

So it's a mess, and I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see this film for a long while. :P

There is some good "movie industry" talk over on the film thread, but be warned there is also a lot of chatter about the casting and controversies involved with that. So you need to bring your patience if you want to know more about the industry side of stuff and that's it.

Extraordinary Member

Has there ever been anything on panel showing how Illyana’s Bachalo “headdress” is worn? Headband? Extension from her collar? Closest I recall seeing was when she switched to having chop sticks in her hair for the shopping issue (UXM#15) during the Bendis run with Anka on art duties...
    Attachment 95763
    I love it as a substitute for her Darkchilde horns.

I should probably check out how cosplayers Most successfully pull it off!

Has there ever been anything on panel showing how Illyana’s Bachalo “headdress” is worn? Headband? Extension from her collar? Closest I recall seeing was when she switched to having chop sticks in her hair for the shopping issue (UXM#15) during the Bendis run with Anka on art duties...
    Attachment 95763
    I love it as a substitute for her Darkchilde horns.

I should probably check out how cosplayers Most successfully pull it off!

As much as I hate that sword, I gotta admit that's a nice Cos-Play.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Yeah that's one of the cooler takes on her. Great armor! Are there any other pictures of the detail? I'd love to see progress pics

I've always assumed it was a reverse-headband of sorts, but there is that often brought up picture of when her and Scott are blown up during "Last Will of Professor X" arch where the "fins" are attached to the skull. My guess is it was the artist choice to make sure the viewer knew it was her skull... but it's always been weird to me.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know they werent raised together and share no blood but its weird seeing Rogue kiss Kurt considering he is her foster brother
    They had playful kisses on the cheek to pass along her power back in the day but they never went at it like that. I have a feeling this has more do with Bendis' rather low brow humor. Anyway, I rather he stay away from anything that has to do with Kurt permanently. Raze and the Xavier/Mystique stuff was YUGH!