Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Yeah that's one of the cooler takes on her. Great armor! Are there any other pictures of the detail? I'd love to see progress pics
    That particular artist is “Azura Cosplay”. Found her Instagram/Twitter/YouTube but no content in the way of “making of” her work.
    https://instagram.com/azuracosplayof...d=5t3t5ktye3jo
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AzuraCosplay

Wow, that's seriously the best Magik cosplay I've seen! Really great attention to detail!! Not a fan of the insta account though. A bit to... er.... "fleshy." Hah!
    Last edited by pandafarmer; 04-22-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Has there ever been anything on panel showing how Illyana’s Bachalo “headdress” is worn? Headband? Extension from her collar? Closest I recall seeing was when she switched to having chop sticks in her hair for the shopping issue (UXM#15) during the Bendis run with Anka on art duties...
    Attachment 95763
    I love it as a substitute for her Darkchilde horns.
    Bachalo has changed his style so much. But he does Illyana rather well I think. Maybe its because of the youth of the character.

new pic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

art by Magickmarker

Last edited by juan678; 06-17-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

That stuffed Lockheed!

Also the Lockheed above DB's eye in the Limbo pic!

trio.jpg

New pic I did for a class. Wanted to try digital a bit more so it's out of my comfort zone a bit. I like how Yana looks, Strange is kind of derpy but better than he did look before. Spent a few hours trying to make them look decent. Also dont often draw people so it was a double whammy on the project for me. Wanted to share!

LOVE this Illyana printable Paper-doll , the artist deserves the $2 for downloading
    https://gumroad.com/l/GnqTa

Has there ever been any on-panel acknowledgement/explanation of the change in the look of Illyana's eldritch Soulsteel armor? It went from gleaming silver-y to more spiked witchblade-y darkness and back depending on the artist.
    magik huges.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-08-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'm sorry to ask, is this fan art or an upcoming cover?

Nothing on panel. Though there definitely are "internal" reasons for things. When Rod Reis's New Mutants art came out showing Yana without her anime sword I pinged him on Insta asking if that was his take or the "powers that be." He said "it was not his decision" so that tells me that there is a lot of talk on the inside about how each character needs to look in the books.

Pretty sure Chris Bachalo created the black outfit for her... but again... who's to say if that was his brainchild (he does love skimpy outfits) or the writers/editorial wanted something different. It's worth noting that we definitely have a nod to that armor in the newer outfit though.

---------------------------------------------------------

art by Magickmarker

Last edited by juan678; 06-17-2020 at 05:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Spoiler warning for these links for the movie.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...x-a175062?cp=2

I'm kind of surprised they're going that route since Limbo is clearly featured, but it looks like it will not be explicit but only implied.

Also this. "Method Studios also brought to life the animated character Lockheed, a little pet dragon who spends much of his time perched on Illyana’s shoulder."

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Spoiler warning for these links for the movie.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...x-a175062?cp=2

I'm kind of surprised they're going that route since Limbo is clearly featured, but it looks like it will not be explicit but only implied.

Also this. "Method Studios also brought to life the animated character Lockheed, a little pet dragon who spends much of his time perched on Illyana’s shoulder."
    After reading that, my thought was spoilers:
    to mirror the abduction narrative we see Illyana experience in the books -- lured away and forced to endure horrific traumas inflicted by evil men/male figures (Belasco, S'ym, etc) -- they've opted to tweak her narrative to be "grounded in reality" (I know that sounds completely "WTF WHY?" given everything else about Illyana etc). Perhaps in the film version -- young Illyana is abducted by THESE evil men, with intent to traffick her, and the "heightened emotional stress" we know to trigger mutant powers, activates and sends her to Limbo where she is forced to endure/survive in a terrifying wasteland. <shrug> I mean, its not a perfect reflection of what we know to be Yana's story, but I'm also not mad about it either.
    end of spoilers