Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

------------------------------------------------------------

art by magickmarker

Last edited by juan678; 06-17-2020 at 05:27 AM.

Incredible Member

I thought this was a pretty good explanation of the contractual obligations in why "The New Mutants" must get a theater release rather than direct to streaming release as part of the Disney Fox deal.

https://www.ign.com/articles/why-the...reamingdigital

Incredible Member

Marauders #10 came out today, and New Mutants #10 is allegedly coming out June 10th.

How do you think Kitty's alleged death will affect Illyana 2.0?

Sometimes I wonder if Magik is running a campaign to create circumstances so her loved ones will better understand her.

Specifically, surrounding herself with people who have been held ultimate power, been possessed and burned by corrupted entities of destruction, died and been resurrected.

Way back when, "Kitty Pryde and Wolverine" took place starting November 1984, with Kitty being possessed by a ninja spirit 'Ogun', taking a step closer to 'Cat' who was trained in Ninjitsu by alternate Logan in Limbo before S'ym killed him.

Over in The New Mutants at that time, Illyana was hosting 'Slumber Party' to celebrate Dani getting out of the hospital after the Demon Bear incident, a horror show where the whole squad encountered another Hell Lord in his Domain, Magma specifically being briefly possessed and transformed, like how Sunspot and Wolfsbane were possessed by Cloak and Dagger or Karma by the Shadow King.

I don't think Illyana 1.0 ever frankly discussed Belasco with Kitty, and I'm unsure if Kitty openly discussed the experience of being possessed by Ogun with Illyana, but thereafter Kitty would have been in the position to understand the Darkchylde a bit more genuinely, as every New Mutant but Cannonball would 'get', given their various possessions.

If Kate is Dead for a period of time, does that place her in a position of deeper understanding of Illyana 2.0?

Cosmic Kitty after Black Vortex and the Bullet would have been in the position to understand Magik, and certainly Scott, Emma, and Piotr were primed to understand Hell Lords after the Phoenix Five, especially Colossus given Cyttorak's possession & empowerment as Juggernaut. Magneto was raised in a Nazi Deathcamp, and is one of the most powerful Mutants ever, so has that 'in' without any other factors needed.

I think part of why 'Tempus' is part of the Resurrection Squad is not just to accelerate the development of GoldBall's Eggs, but to be able to reach out to points in the timestreams before a given Mutant's death for Proteus & Hope to grab their essence and genetic samples.

Whether Illyana 2.0 could just grab a version of Kitty while she was drowning and substitute a cloned corpse, I don't know, nor do I know why Kitty can't pass through Krakoan portals, but the Kitty vs Box incident might be relevant.

Hopefully Magik won't bring back Kitty by turning to using Belasco's foul Resurrection magic, which damns the caster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by G0RM; 05-27-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Incredible Member

What does everyone think of Illyana's appearance in The New Mutants #10?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Marauders #10 came out today, and New Mutants #10 is allegedly coming out June 10th.

How do you think Kitty's alleged death will affect Illyana 2.0?

Sometimes I wonder if Magik is running a campaign to create circumstances so her loved ones will better understand her.

Specifically, surrounding herself with people who have been held ultimate power, been possessed and burned by corrupted entities of destruction, died and been resurrected.

Way back when, "Kitty Pryde and Wolverine" took place starting November 1984, with Kitty being possessed by a ninja spirit 'Ogun', taking a step closer to 'Cat' who was trained in Ninjitsu by alternate Logan in Limbo before S'ym killed him.

Over in The New Mutants at that time, Illyana was hosting 'Slumber Party' to celebrate Dani getting out of the hospital after the Demon Bear incident, a horror show where the whole squad encountered another Hell Lord in his Domain, Magma specifically being briefly possessed and transformed, like how Sunspot and Wolfsbane were possessed by Cloak and Dagger or Karma by the Shadow King.

I don't think Illyana 1.0 ever frankly discussed Belasco with Kitty, and I'm unsure if Kitty openly discussed the experience of being possessed by Ogun with Illyana, but thereafter Kitty would have been in the position to understand the Darkchylde a bit more genuinely, as every New Mutant but Cannonball would 'get', given their various possessions.

If Kate is Dead for a period of time, does that place her in a position of deeper understanding of Illyana 2.0?

Cosmic Kitty after Black Vortex and the Bullet would have been in the position to understand Magik, and certainly Scott, Emma, and Piotr were primed to understand Hell Lords after the Phoenix Five, especially Colossus given Cyttorak's possession & empowerment as Juggernaut. Magneto was raised in a Nazi Deathcamp, and is one of the most powerful Mutants ever, so has that 'in' without any other factors needed.

I think part of why 'Tempus' is part of the Resurrection Squad is not just to accelerate the development of GoldBall's Eggs, but to be able to reach out to points in the timestreams before a given Mutant's death for Proteus & Hope to grab their essence and genetic samples.

Whether Illyana 2.0 could just grab a version of Kitty while she was drowning and substitute a cloned corpse, I don't know, nor do I know why Kitty can't pass through Krakoan portals, but the Kitty vs Box incident might be relevant.

Hopefully Magik won't bring back Kitty by turning to using Belasco's foul Resurrection magic, which damns the caster.
    It explains why she helped the time displaced XMen too. She always could have just sent them back.

Jean Grey has been time lossed, made the Phoenix, etc had similar issues. They’ve both been corrupted, died, and resurrected. Angel was made into either Archangel or cosmic Angel and had similar issues. X-23 was created in a horrible abusive facility and used as a weapon. The cuckoos were Emma Frost clones created as weapons.

She and Stork were co leaders of the XMen during the Terri gen mists phase. Storm is another mutant with magical powers and a version of Storm mentored Magik.

As Belasco used Magik, she has an abusuve childhoo/being used as a weapon in common with X-23, the cuckoos, and really Wolverine himself.

art by Magickmarker

Last edited by juan678; 06-17-2020 at 05:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

From X of Swords thread.

https://www.gamesradar.com/x-mens-x-...24-part-event/

The X-Men line's 'X of Swords' event has grown to a 24+-part series, but wait wait - to help you understand it all, they're also publishing a handbook profiling all of the major characters.

"The mutant nation of Krakoa faces its biggest challenge yet as their champions draw swords to defend the Earth," reads Marvel's description of the event.

The X of Swords Handbook will be written by long-time Marvel writer/editor Mike O'Sullivan and the team of writers who write the company's Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe titles. The cover is drawn by Ron Lim.

"The dramatic new era for mutantkind takes center stage in the official handbook!," reads Marvel's description. "This all-new collection of X-Men-related profiles will bring you up-to-date on Apocalypse, Wolverine (Logan), Magik (Rasputin) and Meggan just in time for X OF SWORDS! This issue includes profiles for Cypher, Moira MacTaggert, two Captains Britain (Brian and Betsy Braddock) and Krakoa itself! Plus: the young Cable (Nathan Summers) and the X-Men!"

X of Swords. An event for the feet-less. Not a foot to be found.

Amazing Member

That's a nice cover
    Is that a variant cover or just a promo piece?
    Never mind it's a variant, thanks for the heads up
    Last edited by Meta jon; 06-19-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Magickmarker

Illyana Rocks that suit!

She 'Dietrich's the hell out of it!

I'd love to see Magik wearing a suit in Canon...

How about popping up wearing a Xavier suit sitting in a wheelchair instead of on a throne?-)

("To Me My X-Demons")
    Last edited by G0RM; 06-22-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    X of Swords. An event for the feet-less. Not a foot to be found.
    Oh no it must be Liefeld!!!

Incredible Member

The second symbol from the left in the top row of this picture disturbs me, and I was hoping to speak to the group-mind to see if someone who went to Hebrew school can answer it.

In this picture of Hebrew, or maybe Yiddish letters, I see the X-Men logo, an X in a Circle.

Does anyone know what this is about?

I was looking through Wikipedia lately trying to translate the Black Widow vs Magik fight from Cyrillic recently, and was planning to translate all 'demonic' to English as well using the cypher for that code, when I looked up the Hebrew Alphabet.

I know I frequently post tin-foil hat conspiracy theories here, like when I wrote to the X-Men letters column back during the Dark Phoenix Saga about how Jason Wyngard's shadow on the wall proved he was secretly Mastermind, but too late to get my name published back then.

Marvel Artists and Authors love putting in Easter Eggs, and I love spotting them, like how South Park's character "Cartman" is apparently a demon, as shown by his image as one of the demons shown assisting teleports during the period after Illyana Devoured Limbo, when there were no Stepping Disks.

I read a book a long time ago, 'Superman Is Jewish?' by Harry Brod about how Siegel and Schuster, Stan Lee and Kirby expressed their Jewish experience through the metaphors of their comic book characters.

Leonard Nimoy invented the 'Live Long And Prosper' Vulcan hand signal from a Hebrew religious hand gesture, and so if the X-Men symbol has a Jewish deeper meaning, I want to know it.

I'm also trying to translate Big Red Darkchylde's dialog from her crushing Juggernaut and the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, so if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. Cypher is the second most powerful mutant!-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

Ancient Hebrew used a different alphabet than modern Hebrew. Due to the Babylonian exile the Jews adopted the Aramaic alphabet for Hebrew. The letters are the same, but the symbols to represent them are different. The original alphabet was pictoral in nature, like how the letter 'ayin' which means eye, is represented by a circle signifying an eye. The x inside the circle is the letter tet. No one who goes to Hebrew school learns the old alphabet.
    It would be like people in American public school learning the old English of Beowolf. And Yiddish is something very different and was developed thousands of years later, so it does not use that alphabet.