Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    I still prefer Zeb Wells and Kierron Gillen's Illyana over the current writers.
    I feel the same. I enjoyed the detached, otherworldly aspect to her behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    What was with the spell she casts just to summon a stepping disk?
    Well, we knew there would be creative liberties to ....well...pretty much everything.
    From her origins to her ties to the X-Men to her powers. <shrug>
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-19-2020 at 04:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I feel the same. I enjoyed the detached, otherworldly aspect to her behavior.

Well, we knew there would be creative liberties to ....well...pretty much everything.
    From her origins to her ties to the X-Men to her powers. <shrug>
    But we also see her teleporting multiple times very quickly in the stairway fight with the smiley men demons with no spells. It doesn't look like she needs to say anything to summon stepping disks, so what was the point of doing it this one time?

Mighty Member

It's specifically a portal to Limbo

or dramatic establishing shot.

Pick your poison

spoilers:
    Empyre X-Men #4 isn't perfect, but I couldn't help but laugh when Warren tries to talk to DemonQueen!Illyana and she cuts him off with her "silence, slave" while remaining impassive
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Unlike a lot of people, I wasn't down on the previous set of issues.

But boy do i hate that issue specifically.

It's super bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Unlike a lot of people, I wasn't down on the previous set of issues.

But boy do i hate that issue specifically.

It's super bad.
    It was the 2nd best one after the first one and I think Hickman did the best he could to land the plane after things got wildly out of control. It was more character driven and less about throwing a bunch of random things at the plot

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was the 2nd best one after the first one and I think Hickman did the best he could to land the plane after things got wildly out of control. It was more character driven and less about throwing a bunch of random things at the plot
    Agreed! I liked this last issue more than the last 2 we got.

I am intrigued with Illyana's "interest" in Kurt

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think it's excessively patronizing. The comedy misses by a mile and it's a flat ending at best.

The only saving grace for me is the explody boy section and it's one of the most throwaway god damn things you can point to.

Just based on that clip alone, I want Disney to invest in a Magik MCU film or tv series. Say whatever you want about the casting, directing, ext. for the NM film but Anya literally tore Illyana from the comic pages and brought her to life in that one small clip.

And Illyana’s “I regret nothing” line was a nice chuckle from today’s issue. A forgettable miniseries but definitely a fun showing for Magik and I’m glad they went deeper with her Captain leadership position.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Incredible Member

Not the most self-consistent portrayal, but there were good parts too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

https://vimeo.com/449732131

A video I made in my excitement for the movie combining clips from the previews and images from the comics. Seeing the 'So am I' scene really got me thinking of this song, and I tried to match the images to the lyrics as best I could. It's been 5 years since I last made an AMV.

Update: Since the site seems to not like Vimeo now guess I just have to link to the video.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 08-20-2020 at 02:12 PM.

BANNED

It's specifically a portal to Limbo

or dramatic establishing shot.

Pick your poison
    Or just a verbal focus on where she wanted to go.

BANNED

I think it's excessively patronizing. The comedy misses by a mile and it's a flat ending at best.

The only saving grace for me is the explody boy section and it's one of the most throwaway god damn things you can point to.
    This was a episode written for a plotline the writers most likely didn't want anything to do with to start with, since the whole thing was treated like a bad joke.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    https://vimeo.com/449732131

A video I made in my excitement for the movie combining clips from the previews and images from the comics. Seeing the 'So am I' scene really got me thinking of this song, and I tried to match the images to the lyrics as best I could. It's been 5 years since I last made an AMV.

Update: Since the site seems to not like Vimeo now guess I just have to link to the video.
    I really liked it!

I disagreed with some of your cropping, but I love everyone's Magik music videos.

Thank you for making another!

I hope Illyana's fanbase and fanfic take off, and I'm glad you contributed!

(It occurred to me that the Gambit & Rogue video with Magik might be good for live action clip art as well as The New Mutants movie, and I've seen some great cosplay stills and video also.)
    Last edited by G0RM; 08-20-2020 at 03:55 PM.