Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Lockheed in action

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...side_magik_in/

I'm kind of shocked there's so little reaction to proof of the little purple dragon being in the movie.

Oh wow, all I had seen about this was a blurry picture that could have been anything, but this is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Lockheed in action

I'm kind of shocked there's so little reaction to proof of the little purple dragon being in the movie.
    That whole scene matches up pretty closely to the storyboard leaks we saw so long ago...

https://comicbooked.com/new-mutants-...boards-leaked/

New Trailer for New Mutants is out. We finally hear Anya's Russian accent and see Illyana's soulsword.
    I don't watch movies or stream television and haven't since I was a kid and 'classic' Nick toons were part of my parent's full cable package. Well, I have seen like 15 movies since then (and multiple times, those maybe 15 movies) they're amazing! Very powerful medium. Medium. Like, well, like spirits and ghosts and magics totally...spectral light and astral projection...thrown and tossing voices. Amazing!

sorry...

I see the trailer and the FOX logo and all this...and I feel like I do so often when I'm walking and a person is on a cell phone looking down into their lit display and I start trying to make some extra room for them...but it's never enough...and they always seem to look up at me as we pass one another and give me a glaring alarmed f'off sort of look people give when they just wake up, or when the light snap on...anyway...it's difficult for me not to feel that as what it is...personal and I'm too close...I mean, yea, I'm there like a bystander...and a stranger!

This trailer looks exactly right. But of course I am and do feel like I'm look at it over your I mean, my, I mean...I'm looking at it without any intention of going there, but also, I'm behind it and outside it...and...it's always been like this.

When I was a kid and reading and collecting X-Men comics in the 90's I had no idea there was the 90's cartoon...no idea...I did watch some cartoons...but I had no idea what was influencing me, wasn't...

Sorry, for this.

I think I'm the only person in the frame who, like, really, is in the way.

Sorry.

From the trailer I can tell you that Sam, that Sam there...it's the most raw and honest portrayal to me...and that's not how it was or is in the comics...

Sam isn't who I felt...you know...personally with in that way...that was Illyana

From the trailer...this...well, this Illyana scares me because...well I notice her...out there...BIG TIME...and there's no way of being there without being noticed like that...you know BIG TIME noticed...

Which isn't Illyana to me...you know?

No?

I'm in the way...the frame...so sorry.

Honestly Illyana was the only New Mutant I could completely be...that I didn't notice I was noting everything and everybody as or with or from...not until many many years later did I understand...and if I understood that before...I would have been afraid...I did have dreams about being in Limbo but I wasn't afraid because I didn't call them nightmares...you know? No?

I could never be Anya Taylor-Joy. She's amazing! Looking at her then me!? It'd be bad.

Maybe I could be played by Lukas Haas!!!
    Yea, I mean if he was playing me not being at the movie, maybe...yea, there's this scene in Mars Attacks! My friend showed it to me, the whole movie and at the end...goes "there you are"...and he gives this uncomfortable speech...and I blushed...so...

Damn...sorry, just walking...hi...sorry.

So bad at this...
    Last edited by sungila; 01-06-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Extraordinary Member

If there's one big disappointment for me right now it's the probability that this will be a one-off. New Mutants was first announced years ago as a trilogy, which has almost certainly been cancelled at this point. When I first heard about the planned trilogy I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to 'do Inferno right' by building up the characters in the first movie and going all-out in the third. They really could have fixed all the mistakes of Simonsen's Inferno arc from the comics and given Illyana a fitting send-off. But that was just a dream, it seems.

Well the one big solution to that is making sure people come and see it. If this blows out the expectations in the box office, then it's absolutely possible. I'm optimistic that this trailer will help do it, and granted I'm looking at this in a vacuum, but I'm seeing mostly positive interest in the film now that this trailer is showing powers and more creepy.

But money talks, and as excited people are right now about it we still have to wait till April.

Honestly though, if KF legitimately liked this film chances are we might have an interesting post credit scene that will give us hints at where things are going in MCU. That's my best hope.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Lockheed in action

Oh ok yeah I guess so. Well, that's a bit of a violation though since why is Lockheed with her and not Kitty meh. It's cool though I guess they're gonna make him from Limbo or some such
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Oh ok yeah I guess so. Well, that's a bit of a violation though since why is Lockheed with her and not Kitty meh. It's cool though I guess they're gonna make him from Limbo or some such
    During that "era" Yana was roomates with Kitty. So in a way he was just as much her pet as Kitty's, and in fact Lockheed appears during a few issues of the Sienkiewicz NM run in particular without hanging out with her instead of Kitty.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Lockheed in action

I completely missed any mention of him until this!!! That's kind of awesome! I really hope this movie does well and dont see why it shouldn't. I am surprised to see the Fox logo still attached to it for some reason. I really can't wait to see this movie!

Extraordinary Member

Some more things I noticed in the trailer.

Illyana does NOT answer Cecelia's question about the first time she manifested her powers. Her 'I killed 18 men' line is from a completely different scene. The chair and room are different and she's strapped to a lie detector, which none of the characters are strapped to in the questioning scene. I would hazard a guess they play up the mystery aspect and she doesn't give an answer to the question in that scene in the full movie.

Illyana and Cecelia are the only characters who smile at all in the trailer. It's an odd reversal from how it would be in the original comics when she would be by far the most miserable character, but it's something that separates her from the rest.

I'm pretty sure the little version of Illyana is in the shot where the 2 bald masked demon guys are leaning over the bed. There's blonde hair there.

Overall, Illyana gives off an air of confidence in herself no one else seems to have in the trailer, particularly in her 2 lines, but also when using her powers. I think she does have more experience than the others and may be there by choice and not as a prisoner like the rest of them. Unless that force field is mystical in nature she should be able to just leave any time she wants, and she was smiling when she called the facility a cage.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am very curious to see what they actually consider her mutant ability...if it's just the stepping disks or of they will somehow tie her sword and armor into a mutant ability as well, I hope not. I would love to see a close to original origin for her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I am very curious to see what they actually consider her mutant ability...if it's just the stepping disks or of they will somehow tie her sword and armor into a mutant ability as well, I hope not. I would love to see a close to original origin for her.
    I don't feel they need to do her backstory or get detailed about her powers in the film; leaving it vague would be fine with me, as long as it overlaps Canon.

My ideal would be if she mentions that she "grew up in a bad neighborhood," and they leave it at that.

(I take her reflexive screaming in the preview as an attempt to fit in and be accepted, given that it doesn't mesh with her running at the monster when she's alone and unobserved... Maybe bragging about her body count didn't go over well earlier)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-06-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Incredible Member

How likely do you think it is that they'll meet the April 13th release date this time around?

"Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me."
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-06-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I think this looks great!