Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Glob is the Jar Jar Binks of the X-Men. He actually actively hurts the series.
    Speak not of Glob and Darth Binks in the same breath, slave.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    None of the space team were in the issues with Peak's parents, issues 3, 4,and 6. Magik was also not in issue 8 whatsoever, the Nova Roma issue. That's 4 issues out of 12 where she doesn't have a single panel.

Also, Magik's always been this powerful. She was introduced as someone with the power to end all life on earth and her origin involved her defeating a foe who was powerful enough to take on the entire X-Men team at once and then becoming ruler of an entire dimension with armies of demons to call on, some of which are themselves more powerful than the likes of Colossus or the entire rest of the New Mutants. In the issue where she joins the team a demon whose so powerful Sam knocks himself out trying to ram into him and Roberto and Amara can't make flinch agrees to become her lapdog. In the Zeb Wells run she defeated Legion all by herself and everyone else was just along for the ride when she executed her scheme against the Elder Gods. It's the Superman/Thor problem. Brisson is failing at writing the other characters properly, but not because he's using Magik too much.
    A close read of Illyana shows her to rival the Beyonder in power, given that he kind of obsessed on her, transforming her to Darkchilde in SW II #1, recruiting her to be his Messenger to all mankind in TNM #36, killing the New Mutants in TNM #37 after she kicked him to the curb, and resurrecting them in SW II #9 (Warlock, Dani, and Illyana are the only ones who recovered on their own: the child of someone who can tear stars in half, the Mutant Valkyrie, and the Mutant Hell Lord)

This is especially so since in UXM #203, it was revealed that, despite trying to wipe Illyana and the New Mutants out of existence, the SoulSword and SoulArmor transferred to Kitty, and Kitty alone in the Universe retained memory of the obliterated ones...

Which is to say, the Beyonder Himself couldn't erase Magik.

('Chose not to erase her' is a possibility, but it is known that Beyonders are limited by their unfamiliarity with the nature of causality and time, and given Illyana's problematic relationship with time, it is no wonder He was pwnd by Magik like Cyttorak, Dormammu, the World Eater, and everyone else.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by G0RM; 09-05-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is the first part of my rewrite for the film. If you really want to see the film and don't want spoilers, then wait before reading this. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1369014...s-film-rewrite

Lots of Katyana in Marauders #12 !

And although she didn't appear there, Illyana is very much tied to the plot of X-Force #12

Rhaenylis, I will not quote you since your spoiler tags are not working. But in response...

spoilers:
    Illyana is a war captain, so I believe it might be more difficult for Beast to hold her captive considering her status and ties to the council. However, I am sure she will be very unhappy once she hears about Piotr.
    end of spoilers

Sorry for the spoilers, I edited my post to remove them

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Sorry for the spoilers, I edited my post to remove them
    No worries! I wanted to give you a chance to edit if you wanted. All good!

Extraordinary Member

Lots of Katyana in Marauders #12 !
    Poor Karma. I’m not sure if she’s the poly type.

She really needs a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Poor Karma. I’m not sure if she’s the poly type.

She really needs a girlfriend.
    So true. For one of the very first lesbian heroines, it's quite unpleasant that she was only allowed one panel where she was in a relationship (when all the telepaths were assaulted by the psychic assaults involuntarily sent by Psylocke when Maddie was holding her prisoner)

Extraordinary Member

So true. For one of the very first lesbian heroines, it's quite unpleasant that she was only allowed one panel where she was in a relationship (when all the telepaths were assaulted by the psychic assaults involuntarily sent by Psylocke when Maddie was holding her prisoner)
    Since she’s probably not in her dating around phase like potentially Rachel, Kitty and Illyana are.

And she’s more mature. I’m not sure which known queer mutant female on Krakoa is a good match for her.

When I first saw this, I thought it was confirmation that Kitty and Karma were hooking up. Alas, it wasnt her

Incredible Member

On the topic of Karma, does she still have her cybernetic leg?

BANNED

The psychic wave was because the Shadow King held Psylocke prisoner, and tricked her into psychic knifing someone who was attached to a psychic web of minds created by the Shadow King. Maddie held Psylocke prisoner when she was just a telekinetic. She put Betsy back in her original body which reavtived her telepathic powers and she retained both telepathy and telekinesis when she returned to Kwannon’s body.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The psychic wave was because the Shadow King held Psylocke prisoner, and tricked her into psychic knifing someone who was attached to a psychic web of minds created by the Shadow King. Maddie held Psylocke prisoner when she was just a telekinetic. She put Betsy back in her original body which reavtived her telepathic powers and she retained both telepathy and telekinesis when she returned to Kwannon’s body.
    Oh okay. Thank you for correcting me

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    On the topic of Karma, does she still have her cybernetic leg?
    Yup

By the way, there's a funny panel in X-Force #9 where Karma is at a table at the Tiki Bar with Jamie, Alex and Lorna where she puts her prosthesis on the table and Lorna looks away, probably being disgusted, or anoyed, or even both