Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

For those of you not following X Of Swords, X-Factor #4 has a nice panel of Illyana
    Attached Images Attached Images

My kingdom for a "deleted scene" from X of Swords where, upon Wolverine's arrival with the Murumasa blade, he pops a squat and says:

Logan: I had to travel to HELL to get this. Only time will tell if the price was worth the--
    Illyana [interrupting]: HAW HA HA HA HA HA [cackling]
    Logan: [stares at Illyana]
    Illyana: ....what, that was cute. [mimic's Logan's gravely voice] "I had to travel to HELL" [wipes laughing tear from eye] Scott was right, you CAN be funny.
    Logan: [makes angry face and turns away] Hmmf (internal thought bubble: Scott thinks I'm funny?) [Logan blushes beneath his mask]

Extraordinary Member

Illyana must be bored out of her mind being the only one who's prepared and doesn't need to go on a sidequest.

I never noticed until recently that Magik's belt is based off of Colossus original design

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    For those of you not following X Of Swords, X-Factor #4 has a nice panel of Illyana
    I wish the armor covering her left arm had a way to stuck out more like when it was all silvery, as it stands it seems just part of the costume fabric
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member

I've always wondered - what are those things on the back of her head? Part of her costume or horns?

I suppose it is some kind of headband, possibly reverse headband otherwise covered by her thick hair so that only the spikes usually show. When it was first depicted Bachalo drew it little different:
    illyana.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Lots of Illyana today, between New Mutants 13, Cable 5, and the X of Swords handbook.

I'm glad Brisson remembered that she's actually a well trained swordswoman. It seems that despite how much she uses her sword, writers don't usually treat her as someone who's trained in sword combat and the years she trained with Cat might as well never have happened. This and her fight with Raza in issue 1 are the only times I can remember her skill being acknowledged.

Also Fokken must be on cloud 9 after today's New Mutants focused so much on the Illyana-Doug relationship even if it never got romantic.

Doug seemed to have a crush on all of his female teammates in turn, Illyana is probably no exception...
    It was nice issue showing that Illyana is not a people person even when she genuinely tries. Doug points out that punching people in the face repeatedly might not be the best way to inspire and motivate. Then she clumsily tries to instill some confidence on Doug, who immediately calls it, and she goes back to bluntness: yep, you're totally going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    I've always wondered - what are those things on the back of her head? Part of her costume or horns?
    I may be mistaken but I think once Bachalo answered that it's a tiara like the one Storm usually wears

Astonishing Member

Magik's gonna die.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    why does it say unarmed combat? is a sword duel considered unarmed in english?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Pretty shocked Krakoa's captain is pitted against the giant croc.

They have built her up as the leader of Krakoa's champions in this tournament...I would have thought she'd be going up against War.

Oh well, see ya Pogg!

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

While she doesn’t appear, Magik is referenced... ominously in this week’s Captain Marvel #22