Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I've read it now, and it's what I said. The same as Emma and not the current '616' version.

Also, this is the first time I can remember her being referred to as a "celestial-level teleporter." Her feat in teleporting what's pretty much a star destroyer in X of Swords had got me thinking it might be time to revive the debate on whether she'd an omega-level teleporter. I presume 'celestial' in this context refers to the distance she can travel as opposed to more short-range teleporters like Nightcrawler.

Mighty Member

Magik's issue is there are teleporters comparable to her. it's just that they don't have her added move set. So while nobody realistically is out teleporting her, the same is true in reverse, she's not like a step beyond the absolute tops in Marvel either.

Well, also, we've seen her teleport through time and space, but never through dimensions, so I think that's where she would be lacking?
    I could be wrong, though, I just don't remember ever seeing her teleport through different dimensions.

So, potentially an omega level teleporter would be kind of like America Chavez, who can teleport anywhere through time+space+dimensions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Magik's issue is there are teleporters comparable to her. it's just that they don't have her added move set. So while nobody realistically is out teleporting her, the same is true in reverse, she's not like a step beyond the absolute tops in Marvel either.
    The only one who seems to come close is Gateway, as he can move large groups and also travel through time and to other dimensions. But to my knowledge he's never teleported into space or moved a space station. Also, given the current definition having someone else at an equal level does not disqualify someone from being omega-level if they are both at the limit for that kind of power, hence how Jean Grey and Quentin Quire are both Omega-level telepaths.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The only one who seems to come close is Gateway, as he can move large groups and also travel through time and to other dimensions. But to my knowledge he's never teleported into space or moved a space station. Also, given the current definition having someone else at an equal level does not disqualify someone from being omega-level if they are both at the limit for that kind of power, hence how Jean Grey and Quentin Quire are both Omega-level telepaths.
    It doesn't disqualify if it's another mutant. I'm talking others that aren't mutants.

Also America Chavez does stuff like that all the time. ALL THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarmagik View Post
    Well, also, we've seen her teleport through time and space, but never through dimensions, so I think that's where she would be lacking?
    I could be wrong, though, I just don't remember ever seeing her teleport through different dimensions.

So, potentially an omega level teleporter would be kind of like America Chavez, who can teleport anywhere through time+space+dimensions.
    She teleported through dimensions in XOS.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She teleported through dimensions in XOS.
    Her whole shtick is teleporting to and from Limbo, which is another dimension.

I never heard of America Chavez. It seems her moving through space and time check out. What are her feats when it comes to the size of things she can teleport?

Whoops, I missed that obvious fact lmao.

She doesn't seem to be able to just jump through random dimensions, though? I guess the limitation is she can't travel to a dimension/place she doesn't know.
    And America isn't a mutant, she's just another teleporter than can just hop through dimensions as she wishes, both unknown and known.

Extraordinary Member

She has to have an idea where she's going so she doesn't teleport into the vacuum of space or the middle of a star. Think how Han explains why the Falcon needs to make navicomputer calculations before they can go into hyperspace in Star Wars. Maybe someone who is invulnerable and can breathe in space like America Chavez doesn't have to worry about that, but any teleporter who doesn't have those specific abilities is going to eventually die a very gruesome death if they keep teleporting without knowing exactly where they're going.

Mighty Member

Yeah, America does have the specific benefit of being able to just portal without concern. Like magik for all her abilities, does still need to breath. I'm remembering that moment where she teleported from a planet to its moon to fight someone in that Guardians cross over and then she had to immediately port back due to lack of oxygen.

She has to have an idea where she's going so she doesn't teleport into the vacuum of space or the middle of a star. Think how Han explains why the Falcon needs to make navicomputer calculations before they can go into hyperspace in Star Wars. Maybe someone who is invulnerable and can breathe in space like America Chavez doesn't have to worry about that, but any teleporter who doesn't have those specific abilities is going to eventually die a very gruesome death if they keep teleporting without knowing exactly where they're going.
    Right,
    Also I think the Magik has teleported the biggest thing, SWORD's space station, while America's BIGGEST, is probably a space ship.
    americatel.jpg
    Last edited by lunarmagik; 12-09-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

From what I can gather she needs to perform a kick or possibly a punch to open a portal. If that's the case then Magik has a pretty big edge in teleporting ability not only in terms of speed in that she only needs to think and no movement is required to teleport, but also in not needing to be right next to the portal and in being able to summon multiple portals at once. It's a lot more than just 'where and when to.' All those portals from multiple locations and planets when then entire franchise shows up to fight Thanos in Avengers Endgame? Magik could have done that by herself.

Maybe I'm misreading the information that's out there and America's portals are much more useful and versatile in the actual comics, but the way her powers are described on her character pages on Marvel.com and Comicvine suggest to me that she's Illyana's equal in where she can go, but inferior in speed and versatility. Also as a minor point, stars are less useful than circles, though squares would be better than both.

Magik can also create multiple stepping discs at once

Mighty Member

From what I can gather she needs to perform a kick or possibly a punch to open a portal. If that's the case then Magik has a pretty big edge in teleporting ability not only in terms of speed in that she only needs to think and no movement is required to teleport, but also in not needing to be right next to the portal and in being able to summon multiple portals at once. It's a lot more than just 'where and when to.' All those portals from multiple locations and planets when then entire franchise shows up to fight Thanos in Avengers Endgame? Magik could have done that by herself.

Maybe I'm misreading the information that's out there and America's portals are much more useful and versatile in the actual comics, but the way her powers are described on her character pages on Marvel.com and Comicvine suggest to me that she's Illyana's equal in where she can go, but inferior in speed and versatility. Also as a minor point, stars are less useful than circles, though squares would be better than both.
    That's purely a style thing. She doesn't need to do it, she prefers to do it that way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    That's purely a style thing. She doesn't need to do it, she prefers to do it that way.
    Good to know, There's nothing on her info pages about that.