Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I sometimes Tweet Brevoort about Wanda, mostly from sheer frustration, but I do know he would never actually tell people if there were plans for Wanda or Vision or Jan or the other classic Avengers.

I do suspect that having presided over the hugely successful Avengers revamp in 2005, Brevoort may not be wild about the idea of going back to the classic Avengers lineup that was very successful for him at first (starting in 1998) but was clearly exhausted by 2004. He's said a number of times that while the Avengers will change, it won't go back to what it was from 1998 to 2004 - the mansion, the core lineup and lore - because it was even more successful and popular after 2005 when it was rebuilt to depend less on those characters and that history.

Do I think Brevoort would be against bringing back Wanda and Jan if a writer wanted to do it? Of course not; "Uncanny Avengers" had them after all (and the mansion). But I just doubt anyone at Marvel thinks it's a priority to get back to that way of telling Avengers stories. Even "Empyre," a story steeped in Avengers lore and history, was mandated to use the current Avengers lineup and leave the classic characters on the sidelines.
    Well, the current Avengers roster is pretty much just classic members + Ghost Rider and Blade. Sure they're working out a dead Celestial, but still.

A fresh coat of popularity thanks to the movies doesn't negate that.

If anything the New Avengers era probably gets the least marketing outside reprints of Bendis' stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the current Avengers roster is pretty much just classic members + Ghost Rider and Blade.
    My definition of "classic members" is the members who aren't solo stars and only lived in the Avengers books, e.g. Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, Wasp, Hank Pym, and later Wonder Man and Monica Rambeau. Yes, the current members have history with the team and any of them individually would be acceptable choices for an Avengers team, but all of them are stars with their own books. It's the core classic B-listers who rarely get a chance to be on the team, because Hickman had no interest in Avengers history, and Waid and Aaron were both in their different ways writing all-star books.

Waid still had on Falcon and Vision so they were kinda B listers?

Aaron is mostly playing favorites sans Hulk since he's on Immortal and made Jen the Hulk expy and Robbie the Blaze expy, Blade I guess you can say fits in the Avengers mold since he's not a A lister but at some points, you wonder if he wanted Wolverine to be on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Brevoort really despises the Shooter era and it's so weird.

She isn't even mentioned.
    Strike that, she is but barely.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Well, Jan fans aren't gonna like Marvel Action Cap Marvel
    What now??

As mentioned above, The Avengers is now an All-Star book, more in line with the Justice League than previous incarnations. Marvel simply does not see Jan as an all-star, so she will in all likelihood remain in limbo until the direction of the Avengers changes, which won't be until at least after Jason Aaron's forgettable run in finished.

I hope Ewing takes over after Aaron. I feel like he would write something more like classic Avengers.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Extraordinary Member

Jan’s best bet is if they create a new A-Force comic.

All-New Member

I agree that she should be on the next A-Force team, along with Monica Rambeau and Wanda Maximoff. Having them not be on an all female avengers team is ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vandynes View Post
    I agree that she should be on the next A-Force team, along with Monica Rambeau and Wanda Maximoff. Having them not be on an all female avengers team is ridiculous.
    Yeah. The female X-men comic that came out earlier in the decade had A-lister females associated with the X-Men media brand. The least being Rachel, who stood in for Jean.

But A-Force had Nico, new character Singularity, Medusa and Dazzler......none of them associated with the Avengers brand. With only Carol and Jen as fixtures from the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jan’s best bet is if they create a new A-Force comic.
    Ehhh, I don't know about that. That's too much exposure for her. I'm waiting to see where she'll be a supporting character next... Surely someone's solo needs a cast member..

Remember when dozens of female heroes had a cameo in the original Battleworlds A-Force mini but not Jan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Ehhh, I don't know about that. That's too much exposure for her. I'm waiting to see where she'll be a supporting character next... Surely someone's solo needs a cast member..
    Lol. Jan being a supporting character would mean girlfriend.

There was some basis with her and Tony from decades ago, so I didn’t mind it recently.

But I don’t want her to be passed around like a floozy.

If you mean like in Savage Avengers or Unstoppable Wasp.....we’ll see.

All-New Member

I hope she’s a supporting character in the next Captain America book. I’ve always liked her relationship with Steve and would love to see her interact with Sharon Carter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vandynes View Post
    I hope she’s a supporting character in the next Captain America book. I’ve always liked her relationship with Steve and would love to see her interact with Sharon Carter.
    Lol. Jan’s not even a member of the Daughters of Liberty

Guys I think the best we can do right now is to show support for Jan under the official posts @PlayAvengers make on twitter and also on the subreddit of the game. I truly think she has very little chance to have the spotlight in the comics and this game is her best chance and if we show she's requested, they'll add her sooner than later and HER over nadia/hope. There are a lot of fans requesting her but not as much as I would like it to be. And believe me the devs do care because they even held a survey not too long ago.

Edit: There are several people requesting her just under this post alone: (Wanda too!)

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/sta...833791490?s=20