Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Blame Edgar "I need to have her in my movie only to fridge her and can't write women right." Wright
    And "I need to make Hank old so he can have a daughter to be Ant-Man's love interest"...

Yeah, I'm still bitter about this.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    What??? They're painting over this?? I love that mural! It has Wasp-Pym right up front (which usually never happens...)

Bummer...
    Yeah, I think it's a much better mural by comparison honestly...and seems more appropriate for Marvel.

Marvel champions expansion has nadia over janet and apparently marvel mandated that.

Ugh I just want her to disappear. I am so tired and sick of this.

I assume you mean Contest of Champions.

Nadia, not Hope? That's good because at least it's a comics character and not movie synergy - but there's no reason why they can't use both Nadia and Janet. They'd have pretty much the same moveset.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume you mean Contest of Champions.

Nadia, not Hope? That's good because at least it's a comics character and not movie synergy - but there's no reason why they can't use both Nadia and Janet. They'd have pretty much the same moveset.
    no I mean champions the card game. Like, a board game not one of the mobile games.

Contest of Champions added Hope around when the movie came out. If they proceeded to add Nadia now over Janet as the second Wasp , that would kill me.

But Marvel Duel, the newly released mobile card game (not out in the west) has just Nadia...

I am genuinely so tired and I just get sick whenever I see Marvel screw over Janet completely in favor of Nadia

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Marvel champions expansion has nadia over janet and apparently marvel mandated that.

Ugh I just want her to disappear. I am so tired and sick of this.
    Source? I really doubt there's a mandate.

I swear no other fan goes through the same crap Janet fans go. I know it sucks for Hank stans too, they have had Scott to worry about for about the same time now but we don't have just one other Wasp to worry about, we have 2 that gets picked over Janet in many things. It sucks. It distanced me from Marvel Comics and I at least want this Avengers game to have Janet. Not Hope. Especially not Nadia. Because I know if Nadia gets added they won't even have Janet costumes.

Source? I really doubt there's a mandate.
    Someone on reddit claimed it but why doubt it, they have done this many many times before. One I know for sure is that "where is wolverine" cover set with over 200 characters and they told the artist to draw nadia but not janet. There are so many instances Nadia is promoted and not Janet. Like that new encyclopedia cover? Why is it full of characters from 60s and 70s AND NADIA of all people??

It's weird because sometimes she's in games like Battle Lines and MUA3 and other times, she's only a footnote, I think that book will mention Janet in her own page but Nadia is likely the focus because some books assume Wasp is just Wasp, not realizing there are 2, plus pulling art which as now is Nadia focused because it's from a flyer.

It is honestly pissing me off but things might reach a breaking point if there's a new show and it's Hope/Nadia or the Avengers game has Wasp but calls her Hope/Nadia and not Janet.

Mandate Nadia as the Wasp is really stupid, that's like making Miles the mandated Spidey.

Having many characters with the same name and powerset is really a curse for the OG character, unless you're Wolverine.

It's weird because sometimes she's in games like Battle Lines and MUA3 and other times, she's only a footnote, I think that book will mention Janet in her own page but Nadia is likely the focus because some books assume Wasp is just Wasp, not realizing there are 2, plus pulling art which as now is Nadia focused because it's from a flyer.

It is honestly pissing me off but things might reach a breaking point if there's a new show and it's Hope/Nadia or the Avengers game has Wasp but calls her Hope/Nadia and not Janet.

Mandate Nadia as the Wasp is really stupid, that's like making Miles the mandated Spidey.
    It's funny, Janet has her own page like the previous encyclopedia but Nadia now covers 1/6th of Janet's page. However in the previous one Jan was on the cover.

The thing is it's not like that, because in MCU, Wasp is Hope. And Nadia is purely, and I can't emphasize this enough, purely existing for MCU synergy and for sure will go away once Ant-Man franchise is no longer relevant in MCU. However, Miles is not even in MCU. This situation is unique to the Wasp. Hope is an original character (despite the name reference).

I will be very, very depressed if the Avengers game has Hope or Nadia over Janet. That's like, a huge exposure and it should be Janet. No question, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Having many characters with the same name and powerset is really a curse for the OG character, unless you're Wolverine.
    Unfortunately the curse is being replaced by a completely original creation in MCU that luckily for other fans, no character besides Janet has faced.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Not just Wolverine. I don't think Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Thor and Captain America being legacy titles has affected any of those OG characters in such a negative way either. They still get promoted like hell. The situation with Janet really seems to be an exception, for some reason. I guess one could argue Hank has been screwed over too, but in his case, he had already outgrown the Ant-Man name, so it's not like Marvel couldn't still promote him with a different title... they just don't want to. Hank and Jan are definitely the founding Avengers who ended up getting the short end of the stick, and a lot of that can be traced back to the way they were (or better yet, were not) used in the MCU.

In better news, since C.B. Cebulski confirmed Darkhold is still happening, looks like we'll be getting that Janet tie-in after all.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-03-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It's funny, Janet has her own page like the previous encyclopedia but Nadia now covers 1/6th of Janet's page. However in the previous one Jan was on the cover.

The thing is it's not like that, because in MCU, Wasp is Hope. And Nadia is purely, and I can't emphasize this enough, purely existing for MCU synergy and for sure will go away once Ant-Man franchise is no longer relevant in MCU. However, Miles is not even in MCU. This situation is unique to the Wasp. Hope is an original character (despite the name reference).

I will be very, very depressed if the Avengers game has Hope or Nadia over Janet. That's like, a huge exposure and it should be Janet. No question, no doubt.
    Think about what they could do for DLC. We know the starting characters are Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, and the first DLC is Hawkeye. So, presumably other senior Avengers will be next - Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision, Captain Marvel. I'm sure some DLCs will just be copied movesets. Clint/Kate? Hank/Scott? Odinson/Jane? Janet/Nadia?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Think about what they could do for DLC. We know the starting characters are Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, and the first DLC is Hawkeye. So, presumably other senior Avengers will be next - Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision, Captain Marvel. I'm sure some DLCs will just be copied movesets. Clint/Kate? Hank/Scott? Odinson/Jane? Janet/Nadia?
    Maybe, but the DLC character that comes will have their own storyline and series of missions too. If they don't go with Janet I'll just try to block the game out of my life because I think I'll honestly be very depressed. I'm tired of going through this so many times.

Janet being in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is my only consolidation and h*pe that she might be in Avengers too...