Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    With recent luck, it'll be Wanda and Doom, that's it and honestly, I think he's gonna kill the book anyways.
    I believe the book will be fine simply because it was supposed to be Steve Orlando's debut at Marvel. Cancelling the book would not be a good way to welcome a new talent like him.

Cassie too? I never considered her as Wasp but things are planned to be that in a weird way.
    I don't think Cassie as Stinger undermines Janet in any way, because she was clearly not set up to be a Wasp replacement the same way Hope and Nadia were. Cassie is only ever pushed as Scott's legacy or as a part of the Young Avengers, so it's not like her and Janet have to fight for the same spot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think Cassie as Stinger undermines Janet in any way, because she was clearly not set up to be a Wasp replacement the same way Hope and Nadia were. Cassie is only ever pushed as Scott's legacy or as a part of the Young Avengers, so it's not like her and Janet have to fight for the same spot.
    Agree...Cassie is not that character. She most likely looks up to Jan but would not ever be considered a replacement for her like Nadia is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And Cassie will probably be going back to Stature sooner rather than later in my opinion. Some artists have even either drawn her in the Stature costume or made her Stinger costume look more like Stature.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Cassie will probably be going back to Stature sooner rather than later in my opinion. Some artists have even either drawn her in the Stature costume or made her Stinger costume look more like Stature.
    I think that may have been more of an issue that the Wasp creative team did not get the memo then just recolored her Stature suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Asked Brevoort when Janet would finally return to Avengers and once again he replied with "some day"

Why do we even bother stanning her, this is exhausting
    They always say that and it's only because they have no plans which is insane only because half of the MCU people in comics have no plans for them and it's mindboggling.

We went though this post Secret Wars and of course, the reveal of Nadia.

Astonishing Member

Asked Brevoort when Janet would finally return to Avengers and once again he replied with "some day"

Why do we even bother stanning her, this is exhausting
    Brevoort is never going to give a specific answer to that question anyway -- he does not like giving away spoilers and almost always gives "wait and see" type answers. Even if there were plans in place for Jan to return to active Avengers duty he isn't going to tell you that until such time as Marvel is prepared to officially announce it or release the solicitation showing it, etc. Asking that sort of question is just setting yourself up for frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Brevoort is never going to give a specific answer to that question anyway -- he does not like giving away spoilers and almost always gives "wait and see" type answers. Even if there were plans in place for Jan to return to active Avengers duty he isn't going to tell you that until such time as Marvel is prepared to officially announce it or release the solicitation showing it, etc. Asking that sort of question is just setting yourself up for frustration.
    There isn't anything frustrating about "wait and see"
    Like mreddie said, his answer was basically "we have no plans" which is why it's sad.

All-New Member

Personally I think we should email marvel editorial and ask if they have plans for Janet in the near future. I don’t think they respond, but maybe if they see enough people asking they will consider using her in an Avengers book or give her a mini series. I’ve heard this has worked for other characters.

Astonishing Member

There isn't anything frustrating about "wait and see"
    Like mreddie said, his answer was basically "we have no plans" which is why it's sad.
    "Wait and see" and "some day" are both equally vague and cover everything from "we have no plans" to "she's showing up next issue". You may very well be correct that there are no plans, but that's the meaning you are choosing to assign to what he said. The answer he gave was his typical vague non-answer when someone asks for specifics about future plans.

Quote Originally Posted by vandynes View Post
    Personally I think we should email marvel editorial and ask if they have plans for Janet in the near future. I don’t think they respond, but maybe if they see enough people asking they will consider using her in an Avengers book or give her a mini series. I’ve heard this has worked for other characters.
    It was a twitter interaction.

But yes Emailing Marvel to show support for a character can work and has worked before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    "Wait and see" and "some day" are both equally vague and cover everything from "we have no plans" to "she's showing up next issue". You may very well be correct that there are no plans, but that's the meaning you are choosing to assign to what he said. The answer he gave was his typical vague non-answer when someone asks for specifics about future plans.
    Well it's not like he answers to everyone, that would be exhausting. Obviously, he won't tell people that they have immediate plans for anyone. To me this felt like him showing decency and letting me not clinge on false hope

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vandynes View Post
    Absolutely letting the editors know that there is an interest in seeing more of the character is a good thing. Asking them if there are plans is generally pointless, because in most cases the editors are not even allowed to answer that sort of question, but letting them know that we want them to use her is absolutely a good idea.

Extraordinary Member

How did the Invisible Woman limited do? Because that would be something a little more realistic to demand than to have an editor force her into the Avengers book.

I am not saying mirror the story and give her a secret heretofore unknown spy history...but a serious story of Jan hunting down a serial killer like Whirlwind. He does have a history of killing prostitutes dressed as Jan from Avengers vol 3 issue 71

All-New Member

I believe the first issue sold about 65,000 copies and each issue after that about half of that (not including digital). Marvel has kept books alive with even less sales so I definitely feel they could give Jan a shot, and her fanbase is large enough that it wouldn’t be difficult to make those numbers.

I also think that would be a good storyline for a potential solo series, maybe also involving Janice Lincoln. Or possibly even a microverse adventure where she gains powers similar to her MCU counterpart

Nadia is in the way for a Janet solo guys, we've established this. Right now our best shot is asking loudly for her to be in an Avengers team.