Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It's funny, Janet has her own page like the previous encyclopedia but Nadia now covers 1/6th of Janet's page. However in the previous one Jan was on the cover.

The thing is it's not like that, because in MCU, Wasp is Hope. And Nadia is purely, and I can't emphasize this enough, purely existing for MCU synergy and for sure will go away once Ant-Man franchise is no longer relevant in MCU. However, Miles is not even in MCU. This situation is unique to the Wasp. Hope is an original character (despite the name reference).

I will be very, very depressed if the Avengers game has Hope or Nadia over Janet. That's like, a huge exposure and it should be Janet. No question, no doubt.
    We'll see where things stand but things are gonna get messy with Hope being in the Parks, Nadia getting the Hope push and Janet will decided on who's writing her for what. (Remember when All New Wolverine had Janet retired for a quick sec)

All of this because Edgar Wright wanted to write one less woman.

I like Nadia, but it feels like there are too many Wasp variants these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    In better news, since C.B. Cebulski confirmed Darkhold is still happening, looks like we'll be getting that Janet tie-in after all.
    With recent luck, it'll be Wanda and Doom, that's it and honestly, I think he's gonna kill the book anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Nadia, but it feels like there are too many Wasp variants these days...
    Cassie too? I never considered her as Wasp but things are planned to be that in a weird way.

Remember Avengers Academy? I miss that game so much. Janet was literally the poster girl for it and along with Tony, she was the most prominent character. I can't believe that happened.

We'll never have those days again

Only fell victim because the sales tanked after the overhaul that killed the game.

Yeah... It at least confirmed Janet as a bi legend

About Marvel mandating a version of character over other. It actually happened once more to a character other than Janet.

Back in 2013/2014. Gazillion had announced that Nova would be a launch hero for Marvel Heroes. And they were planning to go with Richard Rider. But Marvel literally said no for some time. There were a lot of deals happening behind the scenes and he was delayed for a long time before they came out with Sam as default and Richard as an enhanced costume.

That's basically what's been happening with Janet and Nadia. Marvel is mandating some developers to have Nadia over Janet.

Marvel champions expansion has nadia over janet and apparently marvel mandated that.

Ugh I just want her to disappear. I am so tired and sick of this.
    This is just ridiculous...! By the end of her second book, there were maybe 7000 people buying the book. Nobody knows who she is, and those who do don't care that much about her one way or the other. It just doesn't make any sense to put her up front. They tried to play Jan as the semi-retired mother-figure in Nadia's book, and I personally hated that. There wasn't even any logic behind Jan "mothering" Nadia. "Sure, I'll play mother to the daughter of my ex-husband who was born before I even met him". Please...! The only good thing that could have come out of that move of creating the character of Nadia was if she would have devoted her time and intellect to try to find her father (which was her sole motivation for escaping the Red Room to begin with) and they blew that. Discard her and put Janet back up front if you're not going to use her for something good.

I swear no other fan goes through the same crap Janet fans go. I know it sucks for Hank stans too, they have had Scott to worry about for about the same time now but we don't have just one other Wasp to worry about, we have 2 that gets picked over Janet in many things. It sucks. It distanced me from Marvel Comics and I at least want this Avengers game to have Janet. Not Hope. Especially not Nadia. Because I know if Nadia gets added they won't even have Janet costumes.
    I feel you. The Hank/Scott situation is different, but don't forget that for the movie, they had to have Hank old so he could have a daughter to be the love interest... it effectively excluded him from any sort of super-heroing in the MCU, and that sucks. So in a way, he was sidelined also. At least he was present in the movies, but let's face it, far from the 616-Pym in many different ways.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post

I feel you. The Hank/Scott situation is different, but don't forget that for the movie, they had to have Hank old so he could have a daughter to be the love interest... it effectively excluded him from any sort of super-heroing in the MCU, and that sucks. So in a way, he was sidelined also. At least he was present in the movies, but let's face it, far from the 616-Pym in many different ways.
    As much as I enjoyed the Ant-Man movies...a Hank/Janet series of movies leading to an Scott series of movies would have been preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    As much as I enjoyed the Ant-Man movies...a Hank/Janet series of movies leading to an Scott series of movies would have been preferable.
    Agreed. Not hating on Scott at all, I actually liked him in the movies, but still, they could have gone from the beginning and not skip to the middle while changing so many things about comic book canon.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I get the feeling Hank's character is sadly what MCU Iron Man is and having 2 genius acting the same wouldn't mesh well compared to Banner. Sadly, I think that's why Wright picked Scott and they just ran with it and Endgame being saved by someone like Hank wouldn't have fitted well.

Honestly, you can have Hank mentoring Scott and later on, Janet gets involved. But Wright...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I'm banking on a Disney+ series, if nothing else...
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I get the feeling Hank's character is sadly what MCU Iron Man is and having 2 genius acting the same wouldn't mesh well compared to Banner. Sadly, I think that's why Wright picked Scott and they just ran with it and Endgame being saved by someone like Hank wouldn't have fitted well.

Honestly, you can have Hank mentoring Scott and later on, Janet gets involved. But Wright...
    If you believe Wright, going for Scott was as simple as Scott's first appearance being one of the first comics Wright ever read.

Yeah, they're not averse to period pieces. The first Captain America was set in the 40s, Agent Carter was set in the 50s, and the new Black Widow movie is set some time before Iron Man 2 where Natasha debuted (so over a decade in the past). So why not an Ant-Man set in the 80s or 90s?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm putting my clown make up and am also hoping for an alternate universe avengers team in DS2 with jan and hank in the team

Asked Brevoort when Janet would finally return to Avengers and once again he replied with "some day"

Why do we even bother stanning her, this is exhausting