Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Cantwell's Issue was just a love letter to the 80s run of Iron Man and Janet was nowhere near it so of course, he nukes the romance and set him with Hellcat because redheads?

Also that Nadia threat might go out the window anyways as she's likely captured by CRADLE.

She'd probably still want to confront him once she's freed and finds out what happened. Having a word with her step/adoptive mother's ex-boyfriend isn't vigilantism, so she'd be OK if she was to do it out of costume.

It would've made sense if they had Janet end the relationship because of the events of Outlawed. Of course that isn't what happened.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

does cantwell know who nadia van dyne is
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    does cantwell know who nadia van dyne is
    literally my thoughts

I’m sorry to hear it’s official that Tony and Janet are not together anymore as I wanted them to continue after Iron Man 2020.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm more concerned with Janet being in a book than I am her dating Tony. I knew that had an expiration date.

All-New Member

Same here. We have Darkhold to look forward to, but after that she’s back in limbo. Hopefully she gets added somewhere or by some miracle she finally gets a solo mini series.

Astonishing Member

The important thing to remember is that this wasn't the break up. They broke up already before the IRON MAN 2020 mini started. This was just the confirmation that they were not going to get back together now. Don't get me wrong; this was still an awkward little scene. If this were actually how they broke them up, I'd be upset. But this is just tying up the loose end. It could have been done in a less awkward way, for sure--but at least Jan managed to get a brief appearance out of it. And at least they both handled it in a mature, sensible fashion rather than with some needless hysterics.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can Tony expect a visit from an angry Nadia? She told him if he hurt Janet there'd be trouble.
    There's no reason for an angry Nadia to come after him here. He didn't hurt Jan. They broke up, yes, but he didn't hurt her--he didn't cheat on her, mistreat her, etc. And in the scene here Jan was the one who said they should move on. There would be no reason for Nadia to blame Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    that was havok and it was beyond terrible
    It was mainly the execution that was terrible. The relationship was still in the early fun-and-flirty stages...and then suddenly we time jump to a possible future where they are married with a kid. The book jumped over the actual "establish and build a relationship" part and then expected the readers to be invested in this married-with-kid reality based on a backstory we never saw. The Jan/Alex relationship had the potential to be something fun, but it flushed the fun down the drain pretty quick.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if Kang lies and later writers can have it where Kang is secretly raising Jan/Havok’s daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The important thing to remember is that this wasn't the break up. They broke up already before the IRON MAN 2020 mini started. This was just the confirmation that they were not going to get back together now. Don't get me wrong; this was still an awkward little scene. If this were actually how they broke them up, I'd be upset. But this is just tying up the loose end. It could have been done in a less awkward way, for sure--but at least Jan managed to get a brief appearance out of it. And at least they both handled it in a mature, sensible fashion rather than with some needless hysterics.
    I'd like to think that there's a happy medium somewhere between "needless hysterics" and this type of flat, emotionless scene that makes it seem like they never really meant all that much to each other (and that they're not good friends regardless of their romantic status). You know the scene in Friends where Rachel and Joey break up because they're too good friends to make the leap to romance? (Here's the scene, for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7rDDz_n_vo ) Something like that would have been nice for Janet and Tony. Something that affirms that they love each other as friends and they really wanted it to work out.

There's no reason for an angry Nadia to come after him here. He didn't hurt Jan. They broke up, yes, but he didn't hurt her--he didn't cheat on her, mistreat her, etc. And in the scene here Jan was the one who said they should move on. There would be no reason for Nadia to blame Tony.
    This is true. Plus, with the hurried way Jan was written out of the book, it seems even less likely that her supporting characters would show up.

So what's up next for Janet? Funny how a year ago, we were all complaining that Marvel was saturating the market with too many books and it was impossible to follow anything, and now that they've streamlined, it's almost impossible to find any of my favorite non-X characters in anything new.

All-New Member

I hope one day the storyline with Katie and Kang is picked up, it has so much potential and Katie could easily be a great character if given the chance. As for the Alex and Jan relationship, it was cute but the execution was bad like you said. No reason they couldn’t be great if they decided to give them another try.

Extraordinary Member

Jan needs to date Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jan needs to date Conan.
    I mean, she'd probably appreciate the view but anything more than that? I don't really see it.

Conan would probably think she looks too androgynous. Jan's short hair isn't something he'd see in his own time, where even the men (including himself of course) often have long hair. And yeah, Conan's more brawn than brains, totally not Janet's type.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Cantwell said on twitter that he loves Jan so there might be a chance that she and Tony get back together.