Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
I sometimes Tweet Brevoort about Wanda, mostly from sheer frustration, but I do know he would never actually tell people if there were plans for Wanda or Vision or Jan or the other classic Avengers.

I do suspect that having presided over the hugely successful Avengers revamp in 2005, Brevoort may not be wild about the idea of going back to the classic Avengers lineup that was very successful for him at first (starting in 1998) but was clearly exhausted by 2004. He's said a number of times that while the Avengers will change, it won't go back to what it was from 1998 to 2004 - the mansion, the core lineup and lore - because it was even more successful and popular after 2005 when it was rebuilt to depend less on those characters and that history.

Do I think Brevoort would be against bringing back Wanda and Jan if a writer wanted to do it? Of course not; "Uncanny Avengers" had them after all (and the mansion). But I just doubt anyone at Marvel thinks it's a priority to get back to that way of telling Avengers stories. Even "Empyre," a story steeped in Avengers lore and history, was mandated to use the current Avengers lineup and leave the classic characters on the sidelines.
Well, the current Avengers roster is pretty much just classic members + Ghost Rider and Blade. Sure they're working out a dead Celestial, but still.

A fresh coat of popularity thanks to the movies doesn't negate that.

If anything the New Avengers era probably gets the least marketing outside reprints of Bendis' stuff.