Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

The thing is too, the cancellation of Invasion of Wakanda now means Agents of Wakanda #7 and #8 won't be collected now either, as they were meant to be in the Invasion TPB (Agents having been cancelled - Zub never knew if it would resume after Invasion, and once the pandemic hit, that was game over).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The thing is too, the cancellation of Invasion of Wakanda now means Agents of Wakanda #7 and #8 won't be collected now either, as they were meant to be in the Invasion TPB (Agents having been cancelled - Zub never knew if it would resume after Invasion, and once the pandemic hit, that was game over).
    Its unlikely that #6-8 won't be collected at all. They'll either get packaged along with something else, or some other reprint will be thrown in to help pad out the trade.

The stories are two parters, so issue 6 should be in the first TPB. The second one was only meant to be issues 7 and 8 and the three issues of Invasion.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

The stories are two parters, so issue 6 should be in the first TPB. The second one was only meant to be issues 7 and 8 and the three issues of Invasion.
    Yes, it should be in the first one, I agree. But the solicitation for the book, as well as its listing on Amazon and other book store sites says that it only contains issues #1-5. I agree that it makes little sense, given that it would be ending in the middle of a two parter...but it also wouldn't be the first time a TPB ended on a cliffhanger.

I suspect the 2nd TPB may include reprints of the issues of AVENGERS that introduced the concept of the Agents Of Wakanda, as a way of padding out the TPB to a more standard size.

Well then it's out of date. This is the solicit for the now-cancelled Invasion TPB.

Empyre: The Invasion of Wakanda
    Jim Zub, Lan Medina
    03 November 2020 112 pages
    Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda face a legion of Foom and the alien threat of EMPYRE! When a trio of space dragons attacks Avengers Mountain, the Agents are all that stand between their epic reptilian rage and Fin Fang Foom! And if the Agents survive that, worse is to come – because the heart of Wakanda, its mighty store of Vibranium, has been targeted by the villains of EMPYRE! The Agents of Wakanda rush to form the front line against this space invasion, but the enemy's powers are vast and unknown. With T'Challa off fighting alongside the Avengers, General Okoye is in charge – and even with all the superhumans she has at her disposal, she may find herself outmatched!

COLLECTING: BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA (2019) 7-8, EMPYRE: THE INVASION OF WAKANDA (2020) 1-3

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...uld-have-been/

So clearly, issue 6 was in the first trade.

Astonishing Member

Well then it's out of date. This is the solicit for the now-cancelled Invasion TPB.

Empyre: The Invasion of Wakanda
    Jim Zub, Lan Medina
    03 November 2020 112 pages
    Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda face a legion of Foom and the alien threat of EMPYRE! When a trio of space dragons attacks Avengers Mountain, the Agents are all that stand between their epic reptilian rage and Fin Fang Foom! And if the Agents survive that, worse is to come – because the heart of Wakanda, its mighty store of Vibranium, has been targeted by the villains of EMPYRE! The Agents of Wakanda rush to form the front line against this space invasion, but the enemy's powers are vast and unknown. With T'Challa off fighting alongside the Avengers, General Okoye is in charge – and even with all the superhumans she has at her disposal, she may find herself outmatched!

COLLECTING: BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA (2019) 7-8, EMPYRE: THE INVASION OF WAKANDA (2020) 1-3

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...uld-have-been/

So clearly, issue 6 was in the first trade.
    Its worth remembering that the blurb above is also out of date given that INVASION OF WAKANDA was cancelled and the TPB in question never even got officially solicited in the first place. So that was a pre-order listing and not necessarily fully accurate either.

In any event, whether issue #6 was part of the first TPB or the 2nd is irrelevant to my original point that the final issues of the series are almost certainly still going to be collected and just packaged with different material than the originally planned Empyre tie-in.
    Last edited by Dermie; 06-30-2020 at 09:39 PM.

I'm just hoping Janet is an NPC in Marvel's Avengers video game and gets added to the game as a playable character asap...

On a smaller game, I've checked out Marvel Super War's facebook page and I've seen several upvoted comments of asking the devs to add Janet and that was so pleasantly surprising

Couldn’t find the Hank Pym thread so I hope no one minds me posting here. I have a burning question about Hank involving Avengers # 162 written by Jim Shooter, art by George Perez. Great story of the origin of Jocasta. But whatever happened to Hank? I mean Ultron mind wiped him blah blah blah so he ended up fighting the Avengers and almost killing Jan (Jesus Shooter did seem to have it in for him!) but after a fill in issue following 162, issue 164 has him back working on the team and no mention of how he recovered? Anyone got any ideas?

That's why my Appreciation Thread Index threads exist, tliscord. Here you go: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2020

Much obliged

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm just hoping Janet is an NPC in Marvel's Avengers video game and gets added to the game as a playable character asap...

On a smaller game, I've checked out Marvel Super War's facebook page and I've seen several upvoted comments of asking the devs to add Janet and that was so pleasantly surprising
    We have a young Hank who's part of the game (and might be Ant-Man?) so I wouldn't rule Jan out .

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Couldn’t find the Hank Pym thread so I hope no one minds me posting here. I have a burning question about Hank involving Avengers # 162 written by Jim Shooter, art by George Perez. Great story of the origin of Jocasta. But whatever happened to Hank? I mean Ultron mind wiped him blah blah blah so he ended up fighting the Avengers and almost killing Jan (Jesus Shooter did seem to have it in for him!) but after a fill in issue following 162, issue 164 has him back working on the team and no mention of how he recovered? Anyone got any ideas?
    hi. I just saw and answered this question that you posted over at Hank's thread.

As I said months and months ago, Agents of Wakanda ended with issue 8...

Hopefully Janet appears in another book soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully Janet appears in another book soon...
    That's my hope as well. The eternal optimist in me thinks that now Jan will be available to be put on a "real" Avengers team, in a bigger role than the one she has been relegated to these past few years.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff