Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Nadia is in the way for a Janet solo guys, we've established this. Right now our best shot is asking loudly for her to be in an Avengers team.
    The fact that Nadia already had two series that didn't do amazing in the direct market probably doesn't help.

All-New Member

Nadias books being a financial failure only helps Janets case in my opinion. Many people didn’t buy the book in the first place because it wasn’t Jan, and she didn’t acquire as much of a fanbase as other newer characters. If Marvel could somehow be convinced to give Janet a solo, I think it would be successful enough to get Marvel to realize Janet is by far more profitable and would stop pushing Nadia.

Quote Originally Posted by vandynes View Post
    Nadias books being a financial failure only helps Janets case in my opinion. Many people didn’t buy the book in the first place because it wasn’t Jan, and she didn’t acquire as much of a fanbase as other newer characters. If Marvel could somehow be convinced to give Janet a solo, I think it would be successful enough to get Marvel to realize Janet is by far more profitable and would stop pushing Nadia.
    I wish how TUW sold had anything to do with a possible Jan solo but I'm certain Janet is simply "banned" from having such spotlight due to MCU the same way FF were banned. It's a conscious business decision to promote Nadia as the primary Wasp and give Janet supporting roles.

WHY IS CAROL WEARING JANET'S ORIGINAL COSTUME WHILE TEAMING UP WITH NADIA WHEN JANET HERSELF IS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. (marvel action)

This is the worst timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    WHY IS CAROL WEARING JANET'S ORIGINAL COSTUME WHILE TEAMING UP WITH NADIA WHEN JANET HERSELF IS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. (marvel action)

This is the worst timeline
    There's a Marvel Action Wasp in an MCU costume too, that might be Janet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sure ,maybe, but it's Nadia that's getting the spotlight with Carol while Janet's original costume is being thrown around like it's a freaking boardgame dice with her being nowhere to be seem. Marvel stop it

Sam Maggs can't even be bothered to check wikia to see the wings aren't part of Jan's costume and it's part of her powerset.

This is weird since in her novel, she brings up Janet and there's even a scene where Janet helps Nadia before the climatic fight. So either Sam is prepping something or this is a LOL wouldn't it be funny if Carol wore the Wasp suit?

One of Nadia's friends also wore the original Wasp suit in Unstoppable Wasp, remember. That's probably where they got the idea from.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Since Nadia exists, the other one should be Janet, yeah. Nadia and Hope shouldn't exist in the same continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I'm loving the Alex Ross "Timeless" variant cover images and mural with Marvel's classic characters in their classic looks, but I'm pretty pissed that Hank and Jan didn't make the cut for some reason. I'm really tired of them getting ignored at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I'm loving the Alex Ross "Timeless" variant cover images and mural with Marvel's classic characters in their classic looks, but I'm pretty pissed that Hank and Jan didn't make the cut for some reason. I'm really tired of them getting ignored at every turn.
    Same. Really sucks.

Well, Jan fans aren't gonna like Marvel Action Cap Marvel

Because Nadia's in it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I sometimes Tweet Brevoort about Wanda, mostly from sheer frustration, but I do know he would never actually tell people if there were plans for Wanda or Vision or Jan or the other classic Avengers.

I do suspect that having presided over the hugely successful Avengers revamp in 2005, Brevoort may not be wild about the idea of going back to the classic Avengers lineup that was very successful for him at first (starting in 1998) but was clearly exhausted by 2004. He's said a number of times that while the Avengers will change, it won't go back to what it was from 1998 to 2004 - the mansion, the core lineup and lore - because it was even more successful and popular after 2005 when it was rebuilt to depend less on those characters and that history.

Do I think Brevoort would be against bringing back Wanda and Jan if a writer wanted to do it? Of course not; "Uncanny Avengers" had them after all (and the mansion). But I just doubt anyone at Marvel thinks it's a priority to get back to that way of telling Avengers stories. Even "Empyre," a story steeped in Avengers lore and history, was mandated to use the current Avengers lineup and leave the classic characters on the sidelines.

Brevoort really despises the Shooter era and it's so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because Nadia's in it?

She isn't even mentioned.