Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I know. But now that Agents of Wakanda is cancelled and that team will probably be forgotten by the next creative team, I hope they bring her in. Probably a long shot though.

The Agents of Wakanda may have lost their book, but the team will probably still exist until Aaron's Avengers finishes. But that doesn't mean Janet can't join another team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You all should hope Al Ewing loves her enough to add her in his Avengers book but thanks to the pandemic break, we won't get that till 2022. Doesn't help Marvel doesn't want multi Avengers books like they did before though it reeks of Aaron or editorial.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    You all should hope Al Ewing loves her enough to add her in his Avengers book but thanks to the pandemic break, we won't get that till 2022. Doesn't help Marvel doesn't want multi Avengers books like they did before though it reeks of Aaron or editorial.
    And that is just damn annoying to me. Give us a new Avengers West led by Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jan’s best bet is if they create a new A-Force comic.
    Jan's best bet is for more writers to actually care about using her. As is I can only think of 3-4 writers at Marvel who are actually interested in her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jan's best bet is for more writers to actually care about using her. As is I can only think of 3-4 writers at Marvel who are actually interested in her.
    Yeah...but is it more Nadia's Den Mother, Tony's girlfriend, one of the AoW?? Or to put her front and center as her own thing?? In universe this is a very accomplished person (no...not saying woman because I am not separating her from the men). Founding Avenger, long time chairwoman of same, polyglot (English, Spanish, Hungarian, French, Italian and Microverse), owner of multiple businesses (NEVELL, Van Dyne Design Studios, Pym Tech)....She should be out there on the level of the big names.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yeah...but is it more Nadia's Den Mother, Tony's girlfriend, one of the AoW?? Or to put her front and center as her own thing?? In universe this is a very accomplished person (no...not saying woman because I am not separating her from the men). Founding Avenger, long time chairwoman of same, polyglot (English, Spanish, Hungarian, French, Italian and Microverse), owner of multiple businesses (NEVELL, Van Dyne Design Studios, Pym Tech)....She should be out there on the level of the big names.
    In-universe, yeah, but writers seem to rarely give her that credit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In-universe, yeah, but writers seem to rarely give her that credit.
    Which is the disappointment. She is one of Marvels Original 3 females. Sue, Jan and Jean.

Sue will always be a fixture of the FF...no matter what it always comes back to the OGFF...which in its way is comforting.
    Jean will always be killed off....just to be brought back again as if it is profound...when it has just become mundane. 'it's Friday? Jean must be dead...but come back Monday...she will be resurrected by then.' But mostly put in the spotlight.
    Jan just winds up like I said above...a hanger-on.

When they wanted to to push more women into prominent positions in the MU...she should have been top of the list.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 08-06-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vandynes View Post
    I hope she’s a supporting character in the next Captain America book. I’ve always liked her relationship with Steve and would love to see her interact with Sharon Carter.
    Agreed. Jan was even supportive of Cap's relationship with Bernie during the '80s...

Extraordinary Member

Which is the disappointment. She is one of Marvels Original 3 females. Sue, Jan and Jean.

Sue will always be a fixture of the FF...no matter what it always comes back to the OGFF...which in its way is comforting.
    Jean will always be killed off....just to be brought back again as if it is profound...when it has just become mundane. 'it's Friday? Jean must be dead...but come back Monday...she will be resurrected by then.' But mostly put in the spotlight.
    Jan just winds up like I said above...a hanger-on.
    Jan has a couple of other related things holding her back: she was moved out of the Avengers very early and replaced by Wanda, and while the two of them were both Avengers mainstays for a long time after that, neither of them have as many years as the only woman on their team as Sue and Jean have, and different readers would choose one or the other as the definitive Avengers female star, while there's only one choice for the FF or pre-1975 X-Men. (Not that I want to pit Wanda and Jan against each other, of course. They both deserve to be back on the roster.)

And then of course writers often like super-powerful characters and especially on the Avengers, which they believe (wrongly, IMO) should be the Marvel Universe's most powerful team, and Jan doesn't have the kind of powers that can be boosted up and up and up like Sue, Jean and Wanda - though that's what makes Jan interesting and unique; it's not power that makes her important to the team, and it's not even a super-skill like Hawkeye, it's just that she's clever, experienced, and really good at working with people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Jan has a couple of other related things holding her back: she was moved out of the Avengers very early and replaced by Wanda, and while the two of them were both Avengers mainstays for a long time after that, neither of them have as many years as the only woman on their team as Sue and Jean have, and different readers would choose one or the other as the definitive Avengers female star, while there's only one choice for the FF or pre-1975 X-Men. (Not that I want to pit Wanda and Jan against each other, of course. They both deserve to be back on the roster.)

And then of course writers often like super-powerful characters and especially on the Avengers, which they believe (wrongly, IMO) should be the Marvel Universe's most powerful team, and Jan doesn't have the kind of powers that can be boosted up and up and up like Sue, Jean and Wanda - though that's what makes Jan interesting and unique; it's not power that makes her important to the team, and it's not even a super-skill like Hawkeye, it's just that she's clever, experienced, and really good at working with people.
    The main thing in that is they are past the '1 girl on the team' mentality. Sure with OG FF they have that....but X-Men and Avengers have been beyond that for a long time. The X-Office will push out 10 titles a month with every random mutant they have....but Avengers only gets one book??

There's two - but Savage Avengers, frankly, is a Conan book in disguise.

NEVELL? Never heard of that.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel promoting Nadia's new novel pisses me off. It's all so fake, I hate it. We know she is going to fall from the face of the Earth once MCU Wasp is done, yet they are milking all they can out of this. Sure the creators have love and passion for Nadia, but they don't give a crap about Janet. So it's hard to believe their values when they willingly screw over a fictional female icon and praise another one in return as if it's not hypocritical.

Nadia's future prospects are probably tied to that of the entire Champions generation. Only Kamala and Miles have a guaranteed long term future.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Marvel promoting Nadia's new novel pisses me off. It's all so fake, I hate it. We know she is going to fall from the face of the Earth once MCU Wasp is done, yet they are milking all they can out of this. Sure the creators have love and passion for Nadia, but they don't give a crap about Janet. So it's hard to believe their values when they willingly screw over a fictional female icon and praise another one in return as if it's not hypocritical.
    Nadia has the Girls in STEM connection. Janet doesn’t.

It’s as simple as that.