Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    ...Phrasing?
    I saw it but you went there, lol!

Saw what? Did I say something funny?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Saw what? Did I say something funny?
    Read the bolded text in the quote in the first post on this page. There could be an alternative meaning to that.....

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    The Remender run is good and yeah, it helps it had a varied team, I do love the Duggan/Zub run more because it's the Remender run cranked up to 11.
    Agreed. we need an omnibus!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I really think that's not fair. Janet's best showing in the last 15 years is in that book. Her powerset was so well utilized all throughout, we can only WISH for her to ever get another action that is half as good as jan vs sentry.

Her friendships with Wanda, Steve and Thor were all well written and again I don't recall another book after that let Janet be in the same league as them. Her butting heads with Logan was also great.

UA gave Jan so much relevance that she never got again.
    That's a good point about Jan's power set, which is not easy to use when she's up against a more powerful opponent, but he made it work with Sentry. He also did a good job using Wanda's power set in a way that sort of made sense (again, not easy).

I appreciate that Remender was probably the last writer to really care about the "classic Avengers" (maybe because he worked on "Avengers" as an inker in the early 2000s) - it was clear from the selection of characters and the use of the mansion that this was supposed to be a traditional 1964-2004-style Avengers team that happened to have more mutants on it than usual.

I just think he had very bizarre ideas about characterization that made the run less enjoyable than it should have been. Granted, this wasn't as big a problem for Jan, who seemed more like herself even when she was doing unusual things like falling for Havok.

We have lost a big time.

Is that an EMH script?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that an EMH script?
    Yeah, part of the pages Yost posted

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

We have lost a big time.
    This show still has the best version of The Wasp, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This show still has the best version of The Wasp, bar none.
    Totally agree.

Avengers Academy Wasp is very similar in a lot of ways imo

IMO, it's a shame Janet isn't featured that much in the comic books these days. I think she is a great character who is criminally underused.

For those who are interested, Janet (and her family) will be given some focus in upcoming chapters of my Marvel/DC Crossover story "Convergence Point". She first appears in chapter ten -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Just FYI, Jan and Hank had a very small cameo in the flashback tale in FANTASTIC FOUR #24. Its literally only one panel and it has no dialogue. It is part of a montage of adventures from Iceman's brief stint as an FF member for a day, and one of the villains they went up against was Puppet Master, who was controlling Giant-Man and the Wasp.

Its not much--I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone pick the book up JUST for Hank or Jan. But it was still fun to see them included (Jan in her old red-and-black costume with the pointy headpiece), and for Pym it may very well be his only on-panel appearance this year.

I noted a couple of comments on the Avengers Appreciation thread wanting a return to some of the original Avengers to the series, not recently showcased. Including Hank and Janet. Wouldn't it be nice if someone pitched a tale of rescue and redemption of Hank from his current incarnation as Pymtron that involved Janet and the Avengers? I'd be up for it. Weaving in Wanda and Vision and adding T'Challa and Clint would give you and old style feel. Of course the twist would be having Janet lead with T'Challa as second, perhaps the big three inserted for different parts. I'm feeling the need for a good long Ultron yarn. And I'd lobby for Kelly Sue DeConnick's return to write it. Always thought she'd be excellent on the Avengers main title.

I wonder if Janet will show up in Champions any time soon?
    spoilers:
    Due to Nadia being taken into CRADLE custody. You'd think her adoptive mother would want to do something about that.
    end of spoilers