Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Can't top the classics, and I love that rendition of the suit .

(Jacket Crystal is also pretty good).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't top the classics, and I love that rendition of the suit .
    I agree. Well done.

(Jacket Crystal is also pretty good).
    That's a variation of her 90's outfit from the Harris/Epting run on the Avengers.

A surprising choice, as aren't most 90s Marvel costumes outside of the X-Men not fondly remembered? The first half of the 90s definitely wasn't a halcyon period for the Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A surprising choice, as aren't most 90s Marvel costumes outside of the X-Men not fondly remembered? The first half of the 90s definitely wasn't a halcyon period for the Avengers.
    I was going to be happy with her alternate costume as long as it wasn't Hope or Nadia so I'm glad. And I think she really does look cool

I was referring to Crystal's alt, not Janet's. There's nothing surprising about Janet's 1963 look getting chosen.

Though I do agree with you, any Hope or Nadia costumes should be separate characters.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

ashtonknapp

Wow what a terrible opinion. Wasp and Ant-Man both would’ve brought SO much to the table. Scott’s story hasn’t progressed a single bit in four fucking movies.

Janet’s a fashion designer heiress who found a purpose via the Avengers. Her change into a responsible superhero would’ve been great to see. As would her well defined humorous and snarky personality. She would make the other women in the MCU look like logs.

As for Hank, his moral ambiguity would’ve been huge for the franchise and could’ve led to a huge “hero goes bad” story.

Together, Wasp dealing with Hank’s betrayal would’ve been amazing.

Imagine an AoU where Hank’s recently joined the Avengers and uses the scepter to beef up his Ultron program. At the end they have to take down not just Ultron but Hank. Then in Civil War, Tony could’ve brought him to the fight (like when he used villains in the comics) and Janet could’ve turned against Tony to take down Hank. Then imagine an Endgame where Hank sacrifices himself on Vormir to make up for Ultron instead of Widow dying for stupid Hawkeye. The MCU greatly would’ve benefitted from them. You need to watch Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. They’re great characters and easily would’ve been amazing in the MCU.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Probably in the minority, but I greatly enjoyed Harras’ run. The Collective Obsession, and the Gatherers Saga are top notch Avengers stories.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Having Hank deal with his confidence issues, jealousy, as well as breakdowns after creating Ultron, would have felt far more genuine that what AoU gave us.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Full page splash from Marvel Her-oes #1, published in 2010. It was a four part miniseries about teenage versions of Marvel superheroines, with Janet as the main character!

Full page splash from Marvel Her-oes #1, published in 2010. It was a four part miniseries about teenage versions of Marvel superheroines, with Janet as the main character!
    Gives me Avengers Academy vibes...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Probably in the minority, but I greatly enjoyed Harras’ run. The Collective Obsession, and the Gatherers Saga are top notch Avengers stories.
    Yeah, me too. The Vision mini he wrote that came out around that time was pretty great too. I think everyone associates his run with the The Crossing, which was pretty well written, but tried to change too much (bug Jan, teen Tony etc.). The Gatherers stories especially were very entertaining, and the Thane Ector books were fun too.

Gives me Avengers Academy vibes...
    Always thought that game should have a comic. Ship's sailed now though, considering the game has been closed down.

Grace Randolph did more for Janet than any other current female writer and she gets accused of being misogynistic all the time. I--

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Grace Randolph did more for Janet than any other current female writer and she gets accused of being misogynistic all the time. I--
    Because whether or not she wrote a good Wasp has nothing to do with the utterly insane shit she says in real life, lol.