Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I haven't seen Respect Threads on CBR as well but in Reddit there's a lot of them, It's weird cause even antman (Hank) has his own Respect Threads but not Wasp

That's why i say if someone knows a Respect Thread or thread with Wasp feats
    I don't know what respect threads are but maybe this is something similar to what you're looking for

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...ome_wonderful/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I have literally not seen these respect threads once on this forum, can you link one
    I would've thought Appreciation Threads here serve the same purpose? The point of such threads is to talk about what you love about a character, showcase good feats and such. It's not just for discussing recent appearances or complaining that a character isn't being used enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Huh, just read Tales to Astonish #44 (June, 1963), and I had no idea part of Janet’s origin involved her dad getting killed:

Similar to Robin, come to think of it. Dick Grayson joined Batman because his parents were killed. Janet became Ant-Man's sidekick (and that is what she was originally), because her father was murdered. They have the same motivation. Avenge the deceased parent then continue to fight the good fight. Hell, maybe that's why Janet called the team the Avengers! Better than it just being a cool name she came up with.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-16-2020 at 05:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would've thought Appreciation Threads here serve the same purpose? The point of such threads is to talk about what you love about a character, showcase good feats and such. It's not just for discussing recent appearances or complaining that a character isn't being used enough.

Similar to Robin, come to think of it. Dick Grayson joined Batman because his parents were killed. Janet became Ant-Man's sidekick (and that is what she was originally), because her father was murdered. They have the same motivation. Avenge the deceased parent then continue to fight the good fight. Hell, maybe that's why Janet called the team the Avengers! Better than it just being a cool name she came up with.

Apparently there is a whole subreddit about respect threads and that's what they were referring to

I posted this in the Mockingbird appreciation thread, but in ase anyone didn't see it there, here's Wasp and Mockingbird by Chris Giarrusso:

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I posted this in the Mockingbird appreciation thread, but in ase anyone didn't see it there, here's Wasp and Mockingbird by Chris Giarrusso:

I've came accross this on twitter a few days ago. Love it.

If Black Panther & Agents of Wakanda is cancelled after #8 ~ and I have a feeling it is! ~ I hope Jan ends up in an Avengers book, be it the main one or a new/second team one!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    If Black Panther & Agents of Wakanda is cancelled after #8 ~ and I have a feeling it is! ~ I hope Jan ends up in an Avengers book, be it the main one or a new/second team one!
    Yeahh.. I'm sure we'll see 5 unstoppable wasp revivals before that happens

Nadia's certainly more likely to get a solo book than Janet is, but that shouldn't prevent Janet being on an Avengers team. Bring back the Unity Squad!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nadia's certainly more likely to get a solo book than Janet is, but that shouldn't prevent Janet being on an Avengers team. Bring back the Unity Squad!
    Feels like it does infact keep Janet from having any kind of prominent role in a story tbh

I'm not expecting a new Wasp series anytime soon, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not expecting a new Wasp series anytime soon, to be honest.
    I mean Nadia just got a wholeass novel so that's big

Agree with you about the Unity Squad. The Olivier Coipel version is my favorite:

To nobody's surprise, the only book Jan was going to appear in got canned. In spite of me and me only

To nobody's surprise, the only book Jan was going to appear in got canned. In spite of me and me only
    Hopefully she'll be in another book soon...

I actually am surprised, because I assumed all event tie-ins would just be relegated to digital-only and possibly later collected in trade. It's a blow, and unfortunately it looks like, at least for the time being, it's just more of the same. Empyre looks good, but once that's over, nothing on the non-X-side of Marvel looks very appealing to me, aside from Spider-Woman and Black Widow. If it's true that Marvel is going to be publishing fewer out-of-the-box books and won't be taking chances on less popular characters, there's going to be a lot less for me to read. The bestselling characters have already had so many stories told about them that there isn't much place left for them to go. Even Daredevil, who's my favorite of the "always-has-a-solo-ongoing" characters...the current run is being flawlessly executed, the writing and the art are first-rate, but it just doesn't feel fresh anymore. I understand that Marvel probably has financial issues just like everyone else and they're cutting down to the known moneymakers to stay afloat, but as far as storytelling goes, we need more focus on the characters who haven't had monthly solo titles in an unbroken chain going back to the 60s.