Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Both Hank and Jan were put out to pasture to focus on Scott and Nadia because muh movie synergy. At least Jan's still alive, so count your blessings.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nadia's future prospects are probably tied to that of the entire Champions generation. Only Kamala and Miles have a guaranteed long term future.
    Yeah, and after Outlawed I'm not sure what's on the horizon for the Champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Nadia has the Girls in STEM connection. Janet doesn’t.

It’s as simple as that.
    Although as much as liked GIRL, they couldn't hold a book...

There has been a huge datamine for the Avengers game and Wasp is included among the heroes that are meant to be playable

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Both Hank and Jan were put out to pasture to focus on Scott and Nadia because muh movie synergy. At least Jan's still alive, so count your blessings.
    Although Janet hasn't been as visible in other media as she used to be, the comics version has hardly been "put out to pasture". Since Nadia was introduced Jan continued to serve as an active Avenger in the UNCANNY AVENGERS book until its conclusion; she co-starred with Nadia in the UNSTOPPABLE WASP series; she had an ongoing supporting role in IRON MAN; she was recruited into the Agents Of Wakanda in the AVENGERS book which led to her being one of the lead characters in the AGENTS OF WAKANDA until its conclusion, etc.

Right at the moment Jan is sadly without a regular home, but she has still been quite active in the Marvel Universe since Nadia was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Although Janet hasn't been as visible in other media as she used to be, the comics version has hardly been "put out to pasture". Since Nadia was introduced Jan continued to serve as an active Avenger in the UNCANNY AVENGERS book until its conclusion; she co-starred with Nadia in the UNSTOPPABLE WASP series; she had an ongoing supporting role in IRON MAN; she was recruited into the Agents Of Wakanda in the AVENGERS book which led to her being one of the lead characters in the AGENTS OF WAKANDA until its conclusion, etc.

Right at the moment Jan is sadly without a regular home, but she has still been quite active in the Marvel Universe since Nadia was introduced.
    She always had supporting roles though. Last time she had a story arc that was about her was in Remender's Uncanny Avengers. Before Nadia.

https://pastebin.com/BnpiFKns

UnlockPlayableCharacter_AntMan2
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_BlackPanther
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_CaptainMarvel
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Captain_America
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_DrStrange
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Falcon
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Hawkeye
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Hulk
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Hulkbuster
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Iron_Man
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Kamala
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Kate_Bishop
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_MarVell
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Mockingbird
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Quake
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_ScarletWitch
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_SheHulk
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Thor
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Vision
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_WarMachine
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Wasp
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_Widow
    UnlockPlayableCharacter_WinterSoldier

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

The dread of not knowing which Wasp it is...... Overall, this seems like a decent line-up for an Avengers game. Mar-Vell is the biggest surprise for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The dread of not knowing which Wasp it is...... Overall, this seems like a decent line-up for an Avengers game. Mar-Vell is the biggest surprise for me.
    Literally no other fan has to go through what we go through after learning their fave is coming

Janet and She-Hulk being playable are the only things to get me interested in that game.

It is so awful that Nadia gets more use than Janet. I just don't understand it.

Where's my dude Hank?? We did see him in the preview of the game though... looking nothing like himself... or is that a different game I'm thinking about?

Literally no other fan has to go through what we go through after learning their fave is coming
    I've spent the last five years reading through the sollicits for Marvel, looking out for every hint that perhaps they were potentially hinting at a possible come back for Hank, so... yeah, I feel you.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really sure why they'd throw Mar-Vell in there unless he just plays like a re-skinned Carol and they want to bump up the roster.

I hope Wasp is Janet, but with the movie influences it could very well be Hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Where's my dude Hank?? We did see him in the preview of the game though... looking nothing like himself... or is that a different game I'm thinking about?
    He's going to be an NPC in the game. I guess since Ant-Man is labeled "Ant-Man 2", Scott is the playable one.

Astonishing Member

She always had supporting roles though. Last time she had a story arc that was about her was in Remender's Uncanny Avengers. Before Nadia.
    Being a member of the ensemble cast of a team book is not a "supporting role".

While Jan has had some storylines that featured her more heavily post-Nadia, I will agree that we probably haven't had any specifically Jan-centric stories recently. But to be honest, we didn't really get that many BEFORE Nadia either. The Wasp has been a mainstay of the Avengers for decades (up until "Avengers Disassembled", at which point her record becomes a bit spottier) and would consistently be around and be a part of the action--but was not really one of the members who was grabbing the spotlight all that often. That's not to say it never happened, but lets not pretend that Nadia swooped in and stole all these Wasp-centric arcs that Janet used to get because that simply isn't true. That isn't automatically a bad thing though--Jan has done quite well for herself over the years by being a solid and important part of the ensemble, rather than the 'star'.

It certainly shouldn't be Nadia. Based on the filenames, she'd be listed as Wasp2.

There's a photo of the original team in civilian clothing in the game. Unfortunately, it's roster doesn't match the comics - it's the Kooky Quartet plus Iron Man and I think Hulk.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It certainly shouldn't be Nadia. Based on the filenames, she'd be listed as Wasp2.

There's a photo of the original team in civilian clothing in the game. Unfortunately, it's roster doesn't match the comics - it's the Kooky Quartet plus Iron Man and I think Hulk.
    Nadia or Hope wouldn't have to be listed as Wasp2 if Janet's not in this universe at all. So here's hoping Janet exists in the universe
    Also that's not Pietro and Wanda, it's just Thor and Nat. Those are the 6 MCU Avengers founders. Which is why I'm worried for Janet.

As for Hank, Mary Jay, I believe he plays a big role in the story and is a quest giver so it doesn't look like he will be playable. However I find some consolidation that he is not aged up and will hopefully have nice screentime and characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really sure why they'd throw Mar-Vell in there unless he just plays like a re-skinned Carol and they want to bump up the roster.

I hope Wasp is Janet, but with the movie influences it could very well be Hope.

He's going to be an NPC in the game. I guess since Ant-Man is labeled "Ant-Man 2", Scott is the playable one.
    Figures...

If Hank is NPC, no way it can be Hope in the game. Hank looked young in the preview. If it's not Janet (which I hope it is) it would be Nadia...

Nadia or Hope wouldn't have to be listed as Wasp2 if Janet's not in this universe at all. So here's hoping Janet exists in the universe
    Also that's not Pietro and Wanda, it's just Thor and Nat. Those are the 6 MCU Avengers founders. Which is why I'm worried for Janet.

As for Hank, Mary Jay, I believe he plays a big role in the story and is a quest giver so it doesn't look like he will be playable. However I find some consolidation that he is not aged up and will hopefully have nice screentime and characterization.
    Yeah, at least he's not aged up, apparently. Now if only he doesn't end up looking like Michael Fassbender, that would be great

Young Hank = no Hope Pym, except if there's some time travel involved in a story.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff