Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    janet: dozens of issues leading the avengers, thousands of being a member, first lady and founder who gave the name, charming and charismatic character

hope: pym

Im taking a break from feminism to bash hope pym.
    I’m not sure why people are just now acting surprised at movie synergy.

Which Ant-Man is in the game? Scott or Hank?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

scott is referenced so you can expect him probably even if pym is a character he says that "ant man is a lifetime ago"
    and no, its not understandable when they have comics as a ingame currency and janet is there on every single stinky cover for the costumes, how can you promote your live service destiny knowck off with "omg we have all this history of comics to use , see this costume was first seen in issue bur bur bur" then have a hope reference and not janet??

not it absolutly is not fine.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-01-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Scott is going to be playable but Hank has a major role in the story and is not aged up like MCU.

Janet doesn't even seem to exist. Yes it's surprising. They keep repeating how they love using 80 years of marvel history for this game.

Plus we had Janet playable in MUA3 last year

BANNED

its absolutly ridiculous watch them give janet's costumes to hope.

the game is mediocre and painfuly average but now its facetious

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Avengers game minor spoilers

spoilers:
    There is a Hope Pym in the universe but no Janet apparently
    end of spoilers
    Well, I am beyond disappointed at this .

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Scott is going to be playable but Hank has a major role in the story and is not aged up like MCU.

Janet doesn't even seem to exist. Yes it's surprising. They keep repeating how they love using 80 years of marvel history for this game.

Plus we had Janet playable in MUA3 last year
    If Hank isn't aged up then Hope should be impossible. The datamine even refers to Wasp 2, doesn't it? So, it ought to be Nadia.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Hank isn't aged up then Hope should be impossible. The datamine even refers to Wasp 2, doesn't it? So, it ought to be Nadia.
    Hank is about 45 I believe in the game, which lines up to his age in the comics, maybe a few years older here.

But this isn't a datamine, this is an actual codex thing from the game itself. It talks about Ms. Hope Pym holding a press conference for her father, Hank. No mention of Janet from there, nor from Hank. But he does mention Scott...

As for the datamine of playable characters, Ant-Man is coded as AntMan2 but Wasp as Wasp. That might mean Janet. Or it might still mean Hope because there IS no Wasp1 (Janet) in this universe
    Last edited by Captain M; 09-01-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    That's so frustrating. I don't like the idea of hating on a female character for existing and taking up space, but Hope brings nothing new to the table over Janet. Janet is such a good character, and her powers and costume are just as good as Hope's, so there's no good reason to sideline her. At least if it were Nadia, maybe she would be friends with Ms. Marvel and have some sort of Champions representation--though I still don't want to see Nadia before Janet. But Hope is such a blank slate compared with Janet.
    I really felt this in the Avengers cartoon that had Hope in it, because you could tell she was really only in that show because she was going to be Wasp in the movies and for little else because the writers didn't seem to know what to do with her beyond just "Movie Wasp." She really didn't have much of a discernible characterization or role on the team.

Huge waste of Kari Wahlgren too. I was happy she finally go to play Janet in MUA3 and the Avengers anime on Disney+.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really felt this in the Avengers cartoon that had Hope in it, because you could tell she was really only in that show because she was going to be Wasp in the movies and for little else because the writers didn't seem to know what to do with her beyond just "Movie Wasp." She really didn't have much of a discernible characterization or role on the team.

Huge waste of Kari Wahlgren too. I was happy she finally go to play Janet in MUA3 and the Avengers anime on Disney+.
    Yeah I mean they even based her design on Ant-Man 1 and the costume from the end credits scene lmao, they had no idea what they were doing

Wow, this absolutely sucks if true. The datamine seems to imply that only one Wasp exists in this universe, and it's looking like that won't be Jan.
    Last edited by Celtic1967; 09-01-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Why does Marvel keep doing this?

Fucking Edgar Wright...

Really sucks if it's true . At least we still got Janet in MUA3 and Lego Avengers 2.

Extraordinary Member

Since it seems Jan and Tony broke up.

Who would you like to see Jan date next?

Civilian? fellow superhero? Old flame? Reform criminal? Whirlwind????????
    Last edited by Will Evans; 09-01-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Since it seems Jan and Tiny broke up.

Who would you like to see Jan date next?

Civilian? fellow superhero? Old flame? Reform criminal? Whirlwind????????
    NEVER Whirlwind! Even if they reform him, and even though Dave Cannon is generally drawn as a rather handsome man when he's got that helmet off, they must NEVER have him and Jan get together romantically. Given the number of stories showing him as her stalker, it would just send an absolutely terrible (and dangerous) message.

Jan eventually getting back together with Hank was problematic enough after the domestic violence incident that led to their divorce. Them patching things up was justified in-story with him having been mentally ill at the time, and there being years of slowly building up trust again after she divorced him, etc...but still, there were readers who were bothered at the notion of her going back to the man who hit her. For her to get back together with Hank and then also end up dating her stalker would utterly destroy Janet's credibility as a strong female hero. She'd end up becoming a joke.

Apart from Paladin, I can't think of any old flames I'd want to see her back with at this point. Hank is still 'dead' (and was dating Tigra at the time of his 'death' anyway). Her relationship with Deadpool was wiped from her memory. Magneto was never more than just a fling. The same is true of Hawkeye, and I still think that pairing was influenced by Wanda's reality warping powers and mental breakdown, given the timing involved and how out of character everyone was behaving. I would like to see a bit of closure between her and Havok, but I really don't see them getting back together as an item at this point.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing her with a civilian, but until she is back in another team book (or, less likely, a solo of her own) such a relationship would have no place to develop. So, if she were to start dating another hero....hmmm. I can't think of any of her fellow Agents Of Wakanda that I would pair her with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    NEVER Whirlwind! Even if they reform him, and even though Dave Cannon is generally drawn as a rather handsome man when he's got that helmet off, they must NEVER have him and Jan get together romantically. Given the number of stories showing him as her stalker, it would just send an absolutely terrible (and dangerous) message.

Jan eventually getting back together with Hank was problematic enough after the domestic violence incident that led to their divorce. Them patching things up was justified in-story with him having been mentally ill at the time, and there being years of slowly building up trust again after she divorced him, etc...but still, there were readers who were bothered at the notion of her going back to the man who hit her. For her to get back together with Hank and then also end up dating her stalker would utterly destroy Janet's credibility as a strong female hero. She'd end up becoming a joke.

Apart from Paladin, I can't think of any old flames I'd want to see her back with at this point. Hank is still 'dead' (and was dating Tigra at the time of his 'death' anyway). Her relationship with Deadpool was wiped from her memory. Magneto was never more than just a fling. The same is true of Hawkeye, and I still think that pairing was influenced by Wanda's reality warping powers and mental breakdown, given the timing involved and how out of character everyone was behaving. I would like to see a bit of closure between her and Havok, but I really don't see them getting back together as an item at this point.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing her with a civilian, but until she is back in another team book (or, less likely, a solo of her own) such a relationship would have no place to develop. So, if she were to start dating another hero....hmmm. I can't think of any of her fellow Agents Of Wakanda that I would pair her with.
    American Eagle??

Definitely not Man-Wolf, Jen’s ex-husband.