Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    BANNED

they revealed kate bishop with comic pages and panels from the fraction run and other references to showcasse how cool they are pulling from THE COMICS , cant wait for them to be like "for the wasp we wanted to try something new within our avenger initiative universe and push the bounderies of story telling!!!!" when its time to anounce hope pym.

All-New Member

I’d honestly like to see her with Quicksilver. They were together in an alternate universe and I think they could be a fun long lasting couple in 616

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vandynes View Post
    I’d honestly like to see her with Quicksilver. They were together in an alternate universe and I think they could be a fun long lasting couple in 616
    I was going say “but she’s been with his dad!”

But then I remembered they’re no longer related.

Wasn’t Jan, Pietro and the Inhuman Synapse all on a team together? Wasn’t Pietro still going out with Synapse?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I was going say “but she’s been with his dad!”

But then I remembered they’re no longer related.
    The point still stands though--it would seem a bit creepy. Not that such things haven't happened in real life or can't work out. But it would seem weird.

Wasn’t Jan, Pietro and the Inhuman Synapse all on a team together? Wasn’t Pietro still going out with Synapse?
    Yes, they were all on the Avengers Unity Squad together. Pietro and Synapse were never actually going out though. Pietro was certainly interested in her, and at the time the series ended they seemed to be building towards a possible relationship, but never actually got together on-panel.

I'm here for Pietrojan. Or Wandajan.

But we can't get Janet to properly be featured in a comic soooo

Extraordinary Member

What about Jan/Simon?

Astonishing Member

What about Jan/Simon?
    That one crossed my mind as well. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, but it could maybe work.

Once upon a time she and Rick Jones might have worked--they were close to the same age back in the early days of the Avengers. I'm not sure they'd fit nowadays though.

If the Black Knight still is attracted to her, maybe Jan should finally give him a shot?

American Eagle??

Definitely not Man-Wolf, Jen’s ex-husband.
    I could actually see her with John more easily than with American Eagle. I just don't see their personalities meshing for a romantic pairing.

I don't think Jan could stand to be with Pietro as more than a teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lmao I remember that moment from Uncanny Avengers where Pietro forgot Jan was a founding Avenger and Jan was like "you moron"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think most people can, really--which is why his history of romantic relationships is almost non-existent. The fact that Crystal fell in love with him when he was injured and being nursed back to health by her is no coincidence. She wasn't meeting and falling in love with his normal self...she fell for a more vulnerable and open version of him, who had no choice but to stay still, etc. Once Pietro was back to health and went back to his normal self and his normal way of interacting with people, their marriage started to deteriorate until their divorce.

Ugh, the Hope rumors are exactly why I was so pissed off with what their decisions were in Ant-Man. There's a reason #JanetVanCrime was a thing. Her legacy is being shat all over and it sucks; she's the first female Avenger, after all.

As for who she should date, I'd like Janet to be single for a while. Whirlwind as an option is gross as hell. If anything, Whirlwind is her "archenemy". I wouldn't mind seeing her rekindle something with Paladin, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Ugh, the Hope rumors are exactly why I was so pissed off with what their decisions were in Ant-Man. There's a reason #JanetVanCrime was a thing. Her legacy is being shat all over and it sucks; she's the first female Avenger, after all.

As for who she should date, I'd like Janet to be single for a while. Whirlwind as an option is gross as hell. If anything, Whirlwind is her "archenemy". I wouldn't mind seeing her rekindle something with Paladin, though.
    Just to be clear "Hope Pym" (I don't know why her last name isnt van dyne...) is definitely in this game's universe, as you can find an audio file that mentions her. But maaaaaaaybe Jan is still the Wasp they add next year??? That bit is up to our speculation... :/ So no rumors really.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Scott is going to be playable but Hank has a major role in the story and is not aged up like MCU.

Janet doesn't even seem to exist. Yes it's surprising. They keep repeating how they love using 80 years of marvel history for this game.

Plus we had Janet playable in MUA3 last year
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Hank isn't aged up then Hope should be impossible. The datamine even refers to Wasp 2, doesn't it? So, it ought to be Nadia.
    I was about to post the same question... if Hank isn't aged up in the game, if there's a "Hope Pym" she's got to be a teen, so more like Nadia with a different name rather than the MCU Hope. Maybe there's a story arc in the game where they have to go rescue Janet from the Microverse, which would mirror both the comics and the MCU...

I'm pissed about the Hope thing. On the other hand, I'm glad Hank isn't aged up (or dead...) in the game. Even if he's not a playable character... so yeah, that's 2:1 against being happy with this game.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Yeah, consider the parentage issue. The reason Nadia wasn't faithfully adapted from the movie's Hope is because even de-aging her to a teenager, she was still too old to be Janet's daughter as Hank and Janet only met just before the Avengers formed and even if she was old enough Janet's never been out of use long enough to have had a baby we didn't know about. So they made Nadia the daughter of Hank's first wife instead, hence the Russian first name, then had Janet adopt her since with Hank killed off she was an orphan. If Janet was aged up a few years and their superhero origins pushed back as well (to be 20 years ago instead of 15) then it would be possible for Janet to be her natural mother, hence her being Hope and not Nadia. She does, however, still have to be a teenager. Otherwise the timeline won't make sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I liked Wasps and Havoks relationship from Uncanny Avengers Vol 1.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)