Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Shang-Chi.
    That’s hot.

I mean we’ve seen Shang go for girls like Janet in Tarantula before.

All young heroes, Janet becomes the cougar of Marvel lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Jan’s always had cougar type traits. But originally she was the youngest in the room. Now the tables have turned.

They are just her prey.

If or when they reveal Hope to be the Wasp in Marvel's Avengers, I hope you guys will help me resurrect #JanetVanCrime

kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear...all-and-marvel

This pinball machine has all the major heroes and fucking Nadia instead of Janet

I hate this so much. I am so sick and tired of her. of hope. of mcu.

Last edited by Captain M; 09-02-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear...all-and-marvel

This pinball machine has all the major heroes and fucking Nadia instead of Janet

I hate this so much. I am so sick and tired of her. of hope. of mcu.

It also has Scott not Hank.

You’re just have to get used to the fact that Nadia/Hope is the Wasp for Marvel’s cross marketing now. While the same is true of Scott for Ant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It also has Scott not Hank.

You’re just have to get used to the fact that Nadia/Hope is the Wasp for Marvel’s cross marketing now. While the same is true of Scott for Ant-Man
    I certainly will not. It's not okay. Nadia is not Scott. Scott has existed in the comics for decades. Hope is an MCU-original, and Nadia is the synergy creation of her. It's not the same, it's far worse. I want her to disappear.

Hank is being crapped on sure, but he still exists in the eyes of Marvel. Him having a major role in the story of Marvel's Avengers while Janet doesn't exist is the proof of that. Janet is being erased and I'll keep complaining about it.
    Last edited by Captain M; 09-02-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Is Shang-Chi really a "young" hero?

He's been around since the 1970s (part of the kung fu craze of course, he and Iron Fist were both created due to that fad), so no, he is not. He's easily the oldest New Agent of Atlas, and is probably around Janet's age.

Janet was, what, the fourth youngest silver age hero? The younger ones being Rick Jones (who was briefly a new Bucky), Spider-Man, and Human Torch.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's been around since the 1970s (part of the kung fu craze of course, he and Iron Fist were both created due to that fad), so no, he is not. He's easily the oldest New Agent of Atlas, and is probably around Janet's age.

Janet was, what, the fourth youngest silver age hero? The younger ones being Rick Jones (who was briefly a new Bucky), Spider-Man, and Human Torch.
    All the original X-men were teens especially Iceman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Misty's still dating Falcon as of FATWS #1, so as far as I know, Danny's single.
    The Sam/Misty relationship is weird in terms of how it seems to come and go. Sometimes it seems like they aren't an item anymore, and then the next time they turn up they're together again. And Sam apparently had some some of relationship with Jane Foster/Thor while he was dating Misty in his own solo book. That was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    NEVER Whirlwind! Even if they reform him, and even though Dave Cannon is generally drawn as a rather handsome man when he's got that helmet off, they must NEVER have him and Jan get together romantically. Given the number of stories showing him as her stalker, it would just send an absolutely terrible (and dangerous) message.

Jan eventually getting back together with Hank was problematic enough after the domestic violence incident that led to their divorce. Them patching things up was justified in-story with him having been mentally ill at the time, and there being years of slowly building up trust again after she divorced him, etc...but still, there were readers who were bothered at the notion of her going back to the man who hit her. For her to get back together with Hank and then also end up dating her stalker would utterly destroy Janet's credibility as a strong female hero. She'd end up becoming a joke.

Apart from Paladin, I can't think of any old flames I'd want to see her back with at this point. Hank is still 'dead' (and was dating Tigra at the time of his 'death' anyway). Her relationship with Deadpool was wiped from her memory. Magneto was never more than just a fling. The same is true of Hawkeye, and I still think that pairing was influenced by Wanda's reality warping powers and mental breakdown, given the timing involved and how out of character everyone was behaving. I would like to see a bit of closure between her and Havok, but I really don't see them getting back together as an item at this point.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing her with a civilian, but until she is back in another team book (or, less likely, a solo of her own) such a relationship would have no place to develop. So, if she were to start dating another hero....hmmm. I can't think of any of her fellow Agents Of Wakanda that I would pair her with.
    Maybe something could develop in the future, but I really enjoyed the partnership between Jan & Genny (the Captain Marvel of the '90s/2000 era):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-03-2020 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Has there been a Wasp: Year One mini-series? If not, there should be.

Closest thing is probably this one-shot called Avengers Origins: Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aveng...e_Wasp_Vol_1_1

Ant-Man did have an alternate universe Season One one-shot, but Janet doesn't appear in that, it's entirely set before she gets her powers.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ant-M...on_One_Vol_1_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Besides her father Vernon. Have we learned anything about Jan’s life prior to her meeting Hank?

Who’s her mom? What happened to her? How was Jan’s childhood, etc.