Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Besides her father Vernon. Have we learned anything about Jan’s life prior to her meeting Hank?

Who’s her mom? What happened to her? How was Jan’s childhood, etc.
    In Avengers Academy Hank talked about Janet's mother who died after being years in a coma, if I remember well.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Is Shang-Chi really a "young" hero?
    My comment wasn't directed towards your comment it was a half joking suggestion of her dating heroes in their 20s/late teens

I am still sick to my stomach that Hope is going to be playable in this game and Janet is literally missing completely

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I am still sick to my stomach that Hope is going to be playable in this game and Janet is literally missing completely
    the game literaly has comics with janet on it as consumable/collectible, yet we get hipe Pyum.

my bitterness knows no bounds

I'm utterly destroyed . It makes me so depressed...

BANNED

I'm utterly destroyed . It makes me so depressed...
    your not the only one everyone's pissed at it

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    your not the only one everyone's pissed at it
    No one truly cares like a few of us do.

The way this puts me in such horrible mental state... And for what reason? If I go complain about this game being MCU infested the entire community will deny it like true white knights. I can't even complain, people's general attitude is "so what"

I don't ask much in this life but whatever I do ask certainly does not happen lmao
    Last edited by Captain M; 09-04-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That's really a shame. So much ripple-effect nonsense has happened to Jan because of the concept for the Ant-Man movie, but it's not really the MCU's fault; the comics and related divisions are to blame for their constant "things must be just like the movies or people will be confused" attitude. If they (rightly) believe that most new readers won't be put off by Sam Wilson being Captain America or Jane Foster being Thor, they should be able to say that Hope is a character who isn't necessary outside of the movies.

(I mean she isn't really necessary in the movies either, but they had a plot-related reason for creating her at least. The plot-related reason doesn't exist in a universe where Hank and Jan aren't old.)

Well since "Hope Pym" exists, Jan had to be aged up to Hank's age, right? Unless Hope is just Nadia, of which I mean not Janet's biological daughter.

Edit: Does Janet even exist in this universe? Is she stuck in microverse like MCU?

Extraordinary Member

I don't know much about the game; I was thinking more about Nadia who was mostly created because they felt they needed a Wasp who was young and more stereotypically tough and Hank Pym's daughter. I.e. as close to the movie version as they could get without just introducing Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't know much about the game; I was thinking more about Nadia who was mostly created because they felt they needed a Wasp who was young and more stereotypically tough and Hank Pym's daughter. I.e. as close to the movie version as they could get without just introducing Hope.
    All we know is that Janet has not been mentioned once but Hank has a daughter teased, named Hope Pym. They have no reason to really tease her if she wasn't going to be Wasp. She has no other reason to exist

Extraordinary Member

All we know is that Janet has not been mentioned once but Hank has a daughter teased, named Hope Pym. They have no reason to really tease her if she wasn't going to be Wasp. She has no other reason to exist
    That's awful.

No one truly cares like a few of us do.

The way this puts me in such horrible mental state... And for what reason? If I go complain about this game being MCU infested the entire community will deny it like true white knights. I can't even complain, people's general attitude is "so what"

I don't ask much in this life but whatever I do ask certainly does not happen lmao
    The way I see it, when people get what they want, they don't really care or empathize with other fans who might get the short end of the stick in the process.

I just want you to know I completely understand what you're dealing with. While I have absolutely no power over the situation, I hear you and I feel the same. You are not alone feeling like this.

Edit: Does Janet even exist in this universe? Is she stuck in microverse like MCU?
    That's my theory so far. Don't forget Jan was also stuck in the microverse in the comics.

I hope her "reason to exist" is to go get her mom out of the microverse, and that's it.

Honestly, Hope didn't really have a reason to exist in the MCU in Wright's script, except to be Lang's girlfriend. And in order to do so, he had to age up both Hank and Jan (and put Jan in the fridge at the same time...). After all this time, I still think this is so unfair to Hank and Jan fans
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    That's my theory so far. Don't forget Jan was also stuck in the microverse in the comics.
    Exactly! All things considered, one of the few times I enjoyed Bendis' version of the Avengers...

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The thing is Nadia is actually pretty far away from being stereotypical tough even though she has Red Room training.

She feels a lot less like a standard female action hero compared to Hope but MCU trumps all I guess .