Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Hearing what they had planned for AM&TW, it makes the Sonny Burch thing more pointless.
    What had they planned?
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    What had they planned?
    If you look up the concept art, it was gonna be like the core film but Cassie was more involved, AIM was the main bad guys and not the Burch crew, Scott and Hope would join Hank to the Microverse and the 80s stuff would connect back to AIM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The thing I hated most about AM&TW was Ghost, and her motivation for being a villain. She was a victim, with no agency of her own.

Last edited by juan678; 02-01-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really hope to see more of MCU Hank and Jan in the future .
    Same here, it's sad how they wasted Janet.

If you look up the concept art, it was gonna be like the core film but Cassie was more involved, AIM was the main bad guys and not the Burch crew, Scott and Hope would join Hank to the Microverse and the 80s stuff would connect back to AIM.
    If the movie had followed the concept arts it would have been so much better, showing Janet living in the quantum realm in a Mad Max-style, Hope,Hank and Scott going after her and being followed by AIM with MODOK in charge. I don't know why they didn't follow through with the ideas of the concept arts, maybe they wanted to save the quantum realm stuff for Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    If the movie had followed the concept arts it would have been so much better, showing Janet living in the quantum realm in a Mad Max-style, Hope,Hank and Scott going after her and being followed by AIM with MODOK in charge. I don't know why they didn't follow through with the ideas of the concept arts, maybe they wanted to save the quantum realm stuff for Endgame.
    I have to assume they changed a lot to set up Endgame.

Same here, it's sad how they wasted Janet.
    Edgar Wright man, the kicker is I think without him, they're wouldn't been a Antman movie from the start.

I will be very honest with you here... I really don't mind that Cassie wasn't more involved, or that Scott and Hope did not join Hank in the microverse. I really liked the fact that he spent years trying to bring Janet back and was the one who ultimately went to get her back. I think it might have belittled all the efforts he made and the angst he went through if somebody else was to get involved in this.

But having AIM involved would have been really nice, and flash-backs to the 80s and how AIM was involved also. But wasn't it said in IM3 that Aldrich Killian founded AIM in the late 90s? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong though.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Edgar Wright man, the kicker is I think without him, they're wouldn't been a Antman movie from the start.
    On the other hand, I heard that Janet was in the first drafts of the first Avengers movie... her part was even more prominent than Black Widow's.

I think Wright did a disservice to Jan and Hank fans. Imagine Jan being in the Avengers from the start, having a double grudge against Loki because he bewitched her husband into doing his bid (replace Selvig with Hank).

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I have to assume they changed a lot to set up Endgame.

Joss Whedon had plans to introduce Hank and Janet in the first Avengers, there are some concept arts of them in the movie, they were going to be Shield agents.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...evealed-614567

But Marvel chose to wait for Wright to finish the Ant-man script in which he had chosen Scott Lang as the main lead.

Extraordinary Member

For all his faults Joss Whedon seemed to care about the classic Avengers cast - he did get Scarlet Witch and Vision in, so I’ve no doubt he’d have put Hank and Jan in the first film if he could have.

Honestly I wish they’d let him have Hank & Jan and called off the Ant-Man movie, or just saved Scott for Ant-Man 2. Maybe they would have if Wright had walked out earlier in the process.

Joss Whedon had plans to introduce Hank and Janet in the first Avengers, there are some concept arts of them in the movie, they were going to be Shield agents.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...evealed-614567

But Marvel chose to wait for Wright to finish the Ant-man script in which he had chosen Scott Lang as the main lead.
    I don't know about Hank but Janet was going to have a major role in Avengers. The team was gonig to have 7 members. Entire concept animations of the NY battle are still out on the internet with Wasp in them. She is even in that iconic rotating shot. Whedon said one of the later scripts he wrote was very Wasp heavy.

We deserved better.

Imagine the timeline where she wasn't removed from the movie

Some shots from the video:

Last edited by Captain M; 02-01-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Ant-man's strength was the use of Paul Rudd as a likable loser who genuinely cared for his daughter. Hank and Jan would have brought nothing new to the table. We have a couple already in Vision and Scarlet Witch. And the team was full of science geeks. Black Widow doesn't get a movie if what most of you are asking for had come to pass. There's still time to use AIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I don't know about Hank but Janet was going to have a major role in Avengers. The team was gonig to have 7 members. Entire concept animations of the NY battle are still out on the internet with Wasp in them. She is even in that iconic rotating shot. Whedon said one of the later scripts he wrote was very Wasp heavy.

We deserved better.

Imagine the timeline where she wasn't removed from the movie

Some shots from the video:

Joss Whedon said he couldn't use Hank in the movie because of Wright. I hate Wright for ''killing'' Janet in the MCU.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 02-01-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ant-man's strength was the use of Paul Rudd as a likable loser who genuinely cared for his daughter. Hank and Jan would have brought nothing new to the table. We have a couple already in Vision and Scarlet Witch. And the team was full of science geeks. Black Widow doesn't get a movie if what most of you are asking for had come to pass. There's still time to use AIM.
    Hank could bring more depth to the character with his relationship with Ultron, he could also have a dynamic always facing Iron Man and Captain America, he would be the guy on the team who wouldn't accept taking orders. And Janet would be a big draw for little girls and the team could add another female character since it only had Black Widow, yeah the movie would be crowded but they could introduce both of them on a solo movie if it wasn't for Wright.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 02-01-2020 at 04:03 PM.