Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Joss Whedon said he couldn't use Hank in the movie because of Wright. I hate Wright for ''killing'' Janet in the MCU.
    This kind of saddens me. The worst part of it is that even if Hank and Janet had been included in the first Avengers movie, the Ant-Man movie could still be made pretty much the same as it has been. The only difference would have been that Hank wouldn't be old, and Hope wouldn't exist. Hank asks Scott to be the Ant-Man to retrieve the YJ suit because he's focusing all his attention on finding Janet, who has just disappeared into the Quantum Realm (switch her sacrificing herself in 1987 for her sacrificing herself at the end of the first Avengers movie). Then in Ant-Man and the Wasp, Janet would be rescued.

Not to mention this would avoid having to create a new character in the comic books that hasn't been able to interest a lot of people, so it would have been easier to keep Jan more featured in the comics.

I know it's a bit of a waste of time and energy crying over how things could have been, but I still think it's interesting to see other people's point of view and ideas on how it could have played out.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

It's really maddening though that Wright kept Jan out of Avengers just so she can be part of Hank's backstory. Reed for his credit had to fix Wright's script by bumping Hope's role more and have Janet be recoverable from the microverse.

Hank could bring more depth to the character with his relationship with Ultron, he could also have a dynamic always facing Iron Man and Captain America, he would be the guy on the team who wouldn't accept taking orders. And Janet would be a big draw for little girls and the team could add another female character since it only had Black Widow, yeah the movie would be crowded but they could introduce both of them on a solo movie if it wasn't for Wright.
    Janet would kept her positive outlook and be the opposite of Widow. Hope was just Widow who can shrink and at least AM&TW lightened her up a bit.

This is only salvagable if Janet really does have a sizeable role in the next movie which I'm not at all hopeful about

Future Avengers is apparently coming to D+ so that's gonna be some nice Janet exposure

Hank could bring more depth to the character with his relationship with Ultron, he could also have a dynamic always facing Iron Man and Captain America, he would be the guy on the team who wouldn't accept taking orders. And Janet would be a big draw for little girls and the team could add another female character since it only had Black Widow, yeah the movie would be crowded but they could introduce both of them on a solo movie if it wasn't for Wright.
    Jan might have been a fan favorite. Hank would have just been redundant. Stark was already bad at taking orders. Plus, that's never been his characterization in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Future Avengers is apparently coming to D+ so that's gonna be some nice Janet exposure
    I'm glad Kari Wahlgren gets to play a proper Wasp after how much she was wasted as Hope in Avengers: Secret Wars.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Does anyone have any really great scans of Jan? Maybe from her role in Uncanny Avengers vol. 3? I want to make some Janatars, but can’t really find anything more current to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Does anyone have any really great scans of Jan? Maybe from her role in Uncanny Avengers vol. 3? I want to make some Janatars, but can’t really find anything more current to use.
    I'll post some but can't right now so I'm just bumping the thread for now so I don't forget

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/yYn00MK

see if anything here helps

An underrated character I've always been a fan of. I hope 2020 brings great things for Jan.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    An underrated character I've always been a fan of. I hope 2020 brings great things for Jan.
    You and me both!

Please delete post.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    You and me both!
    My favorite version of Jan was featured in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. She was given agency and enough screen time for interesting character development. Plus, I loved her unique hairstyle and her bubbly attitude. All around a great take on a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My favorite version of Jan was featured in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. She was given agency and enough screen time for interesting character development. Plus, I loved her unique hairstyle and her bubbly attitude. All around a great take on a great character.
    She is awesome there. That was my first major exposure to her. Glad it's on Disney+. I hope it somehow makes a return!

I love EMH Jan too. one of my favorite characters on the show and who also drew me to Jan as a character .