Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Given Bishop’s relative immunity to most, of not all, directed and ambient energy forms, and my own wish that he learn Shaw & Guido’s superstrength tricks... I’d be willing to grant telekinesis as his one weakness. It’s not really “energy”. Telepathy isn’t really energy either, but we need more mutants with barriers to telepaths.
    It's possible that's how Bishop's brain/abilities perceive telepathy/teke. They may be energy patterns that he senses or something.

I wish we could get a more definitive accounts of his powers/how they work/ what he can do etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wish we could get a more definitive accounts of his powers/how they work/ what he can do etc.
    Nothing is more of a turn-off than a list of "feats". I'm all for creative/critical discourse on ways his power could potentially be used in an action hero narrative, but gawwwwwd I hate trading card stats and blowhard competitions.

I mean, I guess we could start with how the Fox DOFP displayed his power, and grow from there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Oh, I knew about the telepathy. I was asking about telekinesis.

Have other “energy absorbers” been shown to be able to absorb telekinesis? Carol Danvers is the only one that comes to mind...
    he absorbed the energy magneto used to grab the xmen to hold them in place before and since psionic energy in the marvel verse related to the electromagnetic spectrum I would say he should be able to

I'll do some more digging but Bishop wasnt able to absorb Psylocke's TK

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Nothing is more of a turn-off than a list of "feats". I'm all for creative/critical discourse on ways his power could potentially be used in an action hero narrative, but gawwwwwd I hate trading card stats and blowhard competitions.

I mean, I guess we could start with how the Fox DOFP displayed his power, and grow from there.
    Not asking for feats, just more definitive info on what his actual abilities are other than pointing a gun.

I'm into the new look.

It'll be kind of fun if we see the artists giving Bishop a bunch of different red looks for this book. Aside from that new one in this weeks issue we already had him in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm into the new look.

It's a shame that we can't get this look and keep it here for a while. I would have no problem with Bishop rocking it. Now I want to see the development of Bishop and let see the great Captain action, let's see a defining of his powers.

Too red. Looks like someone color-graded a more interesting palette. I say this whilst fist-pumping the short hair, the short coat, and the return of the scarf.

I'm too far behind on work to take on a for-fun commitment like a redesign, but I waaaaaaant to.

I love how the accents look salmon, not sure if its a lighting/shading thing . but we need more x-dudes to embrace pink

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    we need more x-dudes to embrace pink
    God I'd love to do a Pricilla Queen of the Desert meets Mad Max pink Pyro.

Just AUSSIE beach middle fingers RAWR.

Im here for the red jacket but hate his costume being red. It doesnt work. It needs to be black or navy for a good color contrast

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes, Jesusss! Loving the new RB ensemble.
    Though, I'm missing the braids. I loved the uniqueness of the braids (I get that it might be easier to illustrate, less time-consuming but...every other Black man has that fade cut).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I like the one we got from #9, not so much the one from the last issue. I love his new hairdo.

I want Black Superman tropes from Lucas Bishop. The red coat and scarf is a great start. But like Havok says, this look needs some navy blue to balance out. Yellow bits can be buttons and clasps, but let's get away from thigh belts as a way to break color.