Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

The only thing missing was Bishop turning his gun sideways and bucking with each shot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I feel you bruh. I'm hanging on for Ev, but I now accept there's no hope for Bishop getting his due under this regime. I flat out refuse to spend anymore money on Marauders because it makes me feel like I'm part of the problem spending money on this BS. Hickman either delivers with Synch or I'm done with franchise for good.
    The worst part on Marauders is that it was solved in one small panel. Ororo went and gave the sword back and that is it. All that drama build and it got solved in a anti-cilimatic way.
    The only chance bishop has on this era is getting a writer tat wants to develop him, but that seems hard to happen.
    I hope Hickman won't miss with Synch, 1 year waiting cn't be for something awfu ahpppen with him.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, I'm just glad Bishop ain't an one armed maniac, hunting ginger-babies and old men up & down the time stream.

Ultimate Member

With Cable unspooled into a teenager, the timing is perfect for Bishop to slide into that gruff militaristic leader/mentor role.

Instead, I'm feeling like, five years from now, Cable's gonna be a battle-hardened adult again (*and* a teen, because Marvel loves to have multiple versions of X-peeps running around) and take back that role, and Bishop is still going to be background black cameo-guy who shows up for splash-pages with two dozen randos, and I'm gonna feel like it was just another missed opportunity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    With Cable unspooled into a teenager, the timing is perfect for Bishop to slide into that gruff militaristic leader/mentor role.

Instead, I'm feeling like, five years from now, Cable's gonna be a battle-hardened adult again (*and* a teen, because Marvel loves to have multiple versions of X-peeps running around) and take back that role, and Bishop is still going to be background black cameo-guy who shows up for splash-pages with two dozen randos, and I'm gonna feel like it was just another missed opportunity.
    Cable is a flop character and he has his father as mentor. Bishop has to go his own way

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Cable is a flop character and he has his father as mentor. Bishop has to go his own way
    Yup. Bishop should be training other young mutant. In his future, Bishop said he was trained by Scott to be an effective fighter and leader. He needs to be passing that knowledge and skill on to the next generation.

If he stays on Marauders then they need to change the whole concept of the team. Kitty, Emma and Shaw should be in another title(X-Corps) and give Marauders to Bishop with a whole new team:

Bishop
    Sage
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Laura
    Fantomex X
    Warpath

Incredible Member

I am curious how Bishop is going to be in Chris Claremont's upcoming Marvel Made prequel to Days of Future Past. This would suggest that the divergence for that future was actually after the divergence for Bishop's future, which is strange to think about given that it seemed to be the other way around. Although, Claremont did originally intend for Bishop to be from Rachel's future with Ahab taking the role of Trevor Fitzroy but he left before the character could officially be created (he was present for discussions on the character's creation and talked about him in conventions and interviews before his departure). I wonder what Bishop's role in the prequel will be given that it's him and Sage reunited with Nightcrawler and a new Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I am curious how Bishop is going to be in Chris Claremont's upcoming Marvel Made prequel to Days of Future Past. This would suggest that the divergence for that future was actually after the divergence for Bishop's future, which is strange to think about given that it seemed to be the other way around. Although, Claremont did originally intend for Bishop to be from Rachel's future with Ahab taking the role of Trevor Fitzroy but he left before the character could officially be created (he was present for discussions on the character's creation and talked about him in conventions and interviews before his departure). I wonder what Bishop's role in the prequel will be given that it's him and Sage reunited with Nightcrawler and a new Iron Man.
    Sometimes I'm afraid when they tamper with Bishops' origin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yup. Bishop should be training other young mutant. In his future, Bishop said he was trained by Scott to be an effective fighter and leader. He needs to be passing that knowledge and skill on to the next generation.

If he stays on Marauders then they need to change the whole concept of the team. Kitty, Emma and Shaw should be in another title(X-Corps) and give Marauders to Bishop with a whole new team:

Bishop
    Sage
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Laura
    Fantomex X
    Warpath
    That is a great lineup.

BANNED

Messing up with character origins is ever good. Look how many time donna troy origins was retconned.

Bishop
    Sage
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Laura
    Fantomex X
    Warpath
    Not sure bout Fantomex on sme team that Gambit, but the line up is good specially Laura and Warpath (needs more love)
    Last edited by baxer; 11-27-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This is my first time seeing this. I always assumed he knew nothing about the character.

Yeah, the stuff Scott Lobdell & John Ostrander hinted at/established was more than sufficient for me.

Just about everything else either the Bishop murkier (ethnicity/nationality), and decidedly less heroic (ginger-baby 187).

Also, John Ostrander wrote great Bishop & Luke Cage. I would love if Ostrander wrote a Bishop & Cage limited series (or at least served as editor).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Well, when Bishop was introduced he was kind of a deconstruction of Cable.

I don't think that they'll be touching with Bishop's origin. This is a Bishop who lives in the divergent 811 timeline, which diverged when the Brotherhood killed Senator Robert Kelly (and Charles and Moira, although Charles turns up later to get killed again by the Knights of Hellfire). Which makes me think that either they'll merge Bishop's timeline with the Days of Future Past or say that a different Bishop came back from an even worse future with Kelly dead. It's probably an alternate Bishop who ended up going through an alternate Fitzroy's portal into this timeline instead of our timeline. Remember, an alternate Cable also exists in the Days of Future Past that joined up with the Sentinels (probably to try and wipe out Apocalypse).

But yeah, I do agree with your overall point given how big of a mess The Times and Life of Lucas Bishop is continuity wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This is my first time seeing this. I always assumed he knew nothing about the character.

Yeah, the stuff Scott Lobdell & John Ostrander hinted at/established was more than sufficient for me.\

Just about everything else either the Bishop murkier (ethnicity/nationality), and decidedly less heroic (ginger-baby 187).

Also, John Ostrander wrote great Bishop & Luke Cage. I would love if Ostrander wrote a Bishop & Cage limited series (or at least served as editor).
    Oh yeah, the convention was in 1991 and where Lysa Hawkins was speaking. Essentially Ahab didn't time travel away at the end of Days of Future Present, the bamf noise is written and they even say that he's teleported away. He would've gone to the Morlocks' tunnels and turned them into an army of Hounds. This would've come into play during the Mutant Wars, where I'm guessing Ahab would be serving the Shadow King to try and bring about the Days of Future Past timeline.

I agree, Ostrander's origin for Bishop is definitive for me. I'm glad that when PAD built on that timeline he used it and ignored the Times and Life of Lucas Bishop miniseries.

Well, when Bishop was introduced he was kind of a deconstruction of Cable.

I don't think that they'll be touching with Bishop's origin. This is a Bishop who lives in the divergent 811 timeline, which diverged when the Brotherhood killed Senator Robert Kelly (and Charles and Moira, although Charles turns up later to get killed again by the Knights of Hellfire). Which makes me think that either they'll merge Bishop's timeline with the Days of Future Past or say that a different Bishop came back from an even worse future with Kelly dead. It's probably an alternate Bishop who ended up going through an alternate Fitzroy's portal into this timeline instead of our timeline. Remember, an alternate Cable also exists in the Days of Future Past that joined up with the Sentinels (probably to try and wipe out Apocalypse).

But yeah, I do agree with your overall point given how big of a mess The Times and Life of Lucas Bishop is continuity wise.

Oh yeah, the convention was in 1991 and where Lysa Hawkins was speaking. Essentially Ahab didn't time travel away at the end of Days of Future Present, the bamf noise is written and they even say that he's teleported away. He would've gone to the Morlocks' tunnels and turned them into an army of Hounds. This would've come into play during the Mutant Wars, where I'm guessing Ahab would be serving the Shadow King to try and bring about the Days of Future Past timeline.

I agree, Ostrander's origin for Bishop is definitive for me. I'm glad that when PAD built on that timeline he used it and ignored the Times and Life of Lucas Bishop miniseries.
    Ostrander, he the one that did Bishop going after Mountjoy? I really loved the storyline. I definitely agree with the OG origin tale for Bishop, had the best balance of detail and vagueness that a good writer to build on. That life and times of Lucas Bishop was just an unofficial hit piece. I totally ignored that as trash.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Somewhat random I want to see Bishop bring Shard back & wants a Bishop/Gorgon team up issue or series
    Sorry, which Gorgon?

I think Bishop might have been better off in the long run if he wasn't from the future. Marvel's time travel is far too confusing to grasp most of the time and in Bishop's case it was used to make him a villain in Messiah Complex.