Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I want Black Superman tropes from Lucas Bishop. The red coat and scarf is a great start. But like Havok says, this look needs some navy blue to balance out. Yellow bits can be buttons and clasps, but let's get away from thigh belts as a way to break color.
    here's my take at a revision

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The Red Bishop ensemble is fine as is. The fact that his body suit suit is such a very dark red/almost black shade, does balance out the costume, While maintaining the All-Red scheme of House Red.
    Nobody ever suggests that Emma should add another colour to "balance" the head-to-toe white. Or that Shinobi adds accent colours to play off the black.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Red Bishop ensemble is fine as is. The fact that his body suit suit is such a very dark red/almost black shade, does balance out the costume, While maintaining the All-Red scheme of House Red.
    Nobody ever suggests that Emma should add another colour to "balance" the head-to-toe white. Or that Shinobi adds accent colours to play off the black.
    Bc its not all red. Black and white are very neutral and dont have the same issues. I felt the same way about Cyclops' Revolution costume which is very similar to Bishop's in terms of color scheme

While maintaining the All-Red scheme of House Red.
    The Red Queen wears a white shirt and black pants! I'm not going to look for nits to pick when Bishop has been blessed with a significant role and responsibilities in the Krakoan era. I'm going to sketch a little when I find time to do so. Rayana as as Harley-and-Ivy in Ross lewks comes next.

Nobody ever suggests that Emma should add another colour to "balance" the head-to-toe white.
    Because for the LONGEST time, Emma balanced white with flesh and blond hair. Now we have professional gays drawing fashion, and a full body of white is more about the silhouette. All-red is a different statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Very cool. I'm thinking about recoloring the coat to match the Morrison jackets, and then red/yellow and red/black versions. I'd leave the scarf red, but your gold one isn't bad. I like the "super" symmetry of a red cape with a red scarf. The bodysuit needs work, and you can only do so much in Photoshop. I want him to have traditional color breaks rather than belts on holsters.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 05-28-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Incredible Member

I wonder if Bishop will lead the assault on Nimrod when the machine comes active since as a kid, he and Shard learned how to handle Nimrods whenever they entered the camps.

Mighty Member

I wonder what was the reference for this drawing of bishop because who ever that man is.. HE is fine.. this artist did the lips justice.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The Red Queen wears a white shirt and black pants! I'm not going to look for nits to pick when Bishop has been blessed with a significant role and responsibilities in the Krakoan era. I'm going to sketch a little when I find time to do so. Rayana as as Harley-and-Ivy in Ross lewks comes next.

Because for the LONGEST time, Emma balanced white with flesh and blond hair. Now we have professional gays drawing fashion, and a full body of white is more about the silhouette. All-red is a different statement.

Very cool. I'm thinking about recoloring the coat to match the Morrison jackets, and then red/yellow and red/black versions. I'd leave the scarf red, but your gold one isn't bad. I like the "super" symmetry of a red cape with a red scarf. The bodysuit needs work, and you can only do so much in Photoshop. I want him to have traditional color breaks rather than belts on holsters.
    A significant role, really! Responsibilities, like what? The guy has been turned into Kitty's henchman and is decked out in a full red getup. He's supposedly a capt on Krakoa but we've yet to see anything with that role. At this point Bishop is a backup singer and the guy deserves better.

Honestly not sure why Bishop was even chosen for that role. He doesnt seem to hold any sort of actual importance on Krakoa or the team he was placed on. It seems more like a vanity title but I dont know why they would bother bc its not like he's giving them anything in return like lets say Sinister, nor do they need to placate him like Mystique

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Nice! I’d keep the red scarf (for red emphasis) but dark blue suit is better. I did like the old hair cut, but new hair cut is also good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I wonder if Bishop will lead the assault on Nimrod when the machine comes active since as a kid, he and Shard learned how to handle Nimrods whenever they entered the camps.
    For the longest I think writers have undersold Bishop's fighting and strategist skills. Give this man either a team book or higher profile role to let him shine.

I assume the reason for Bishop's new haircut is because it's easier to draw than dreads for most artists. Another thing, not really a fan of how sleek and slender Bishop is being drawn these days. Back in the day he'd tower over somebody like Forge.. dude was a mountain.

Looks like no thought was put into red suit could’ve been done allot better...

Hey are any of you watching the new scifi show Snowpiercer, do you think the lead actor with the 'dreads' could play Bishop in a Marvel studios reboot, maybe they can adapt the 'X-Traitor storyline' to film?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Hey are any of you watching the new scifi show Snowpiercer, do you think the lead actor with the 'dreads' could play Bishop in a Marvel studios reboot, maybe they can adapt the 'X-Traitor storyline' to film?
    Daveed Diggs? Yeah, that dude is a solid actor. I could see it
    Make Good Art

I dont want a biracial to play Bishop. I would rather he have dark skin. For all the crap got with how they did Storm wrong, the guy that played Bishop in DOFP had a great aesthetic and I would prefer casting along those lines