Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Written by Chris Claremont, himself.

Too bad we won't see this Bishop again anytime soon.

BANNED

Written by Chris Claremont, himself.

Zero chance of this happening now. Pretty bad ass, what I expecting from someone living on a distopian future

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thus me saving money.

One more thing: Black Panther was not the first brotha Ororo favored Logan over, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Zero chance of this happening now. Pretty bad ass, what I expecting from someone living on a distopian future
    During the early Lobdell years, Bishop considered Victor Creed a lightweight.

Claremont wrote how Bishop studied legendary mutants of the past, like Logan, and fully gauged their strengths & weakness.

Bishop is arguably the Batman of the X-Men in regards to being a detective, and being well-versed in the abilities of prominent mutants.

Bishop has a lot in common with Black Panther, as well.

But let's keep the focus on Kate Pryde.

YES!!! Now tell again why this guy can't stand shoulder to shoulder with Cyclops or Wolverine..??? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Its on paper that level of skill Bishop has. So I know full well there's no justification for not putting him as the lead great captain, no justification for not letting him participate in the 10 of Swords, ignorance and aversion of solid black male hero is the sole reason he's forced to the back of the X-Men bus. Damn, maybe it will finally happen when Marvel comics finds itself like DC comics. As they're collapsing, now they find a way to write many poc into stories! Matter of fact if Hickman didn't ride in on his white horse i think the X-Men books would have been canned. I wish he never came sometimes just for that reason.

I'm not good on dropping clips and attachments but if anyone remembers the Uncanny X-Men Scattershot annual Bishop was a whole problem and a bad ass in that storyline too. Brotha has so much history behind him, that's why his usage right now is just f-ing criminal. My hope is that MCU will give him proper reps.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm not good on dropping clips and attachments but if anyone remembers the Uncanny X-Men Scattershot annual Bishop was a whole problem and a bad ass in that storyline too. Brotha has so much history behind him, that's why his usage right now is just f-ing criminal. My hope is that MCU will give him proper reps.
    Yeah, I need to go and dig thru my X-boxes just to brush up on my Bishop history.

You're right, with his powerset, skills and knowledge, he is severely underutilized.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    YES!!! Now tell again why this guy can't stand shoulder to shoulder with Cyclops or Wolverine..??? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Its on paper that level of skill Bishop has. So I know full well there's no justification for not putting him as the lead great captain, no justification for not letting him participate in the 10 of Swords, ignorance and aversion of solid black male hero is the sole reason he's forced to the back of the X-Men bus. Damn, maybe it will finally happen when Marvel comics finds itself like DC comics. As they're collapsing, now they find a way to write many poc into stories! Matter of fact if Hickman didn't ride in on his white horse i think the X-Men books would have been canned. I wish he never came sometimes just for that reason.
    Hickman didn't really improved sales by much. I really doubt Marvel would cancel all X-books while they could do well with mediocre teams. Or used to attract new writers

Writers usully use him as a guy with a gun as if that is all he can do. There is many good stories to tell, but first they need to know the chararter well to do that.
    The character have the right backstory and the skills needed, just need a writer interested

Mighty Member

Can y'all tell me about the Bishop/Jean relationship.

It starts in which issue, shown or spoken about in which issues and ended with with issue/s?

Mighty Member

Thus me saving money.

One more thing: Black Panther was not the first brotha Ororo favored Logan over, lol.

During the early Lobdell years, Bishop considered Victor Creed a lightweight.

Claremont wrote how Bishop studied legendary mutants of the past, like Logan, and fully gauged their strengths & weakness.

Bishop is arguably the Batman of the X-Men in regards to being a detective, and being well-versed in the abilities of prominent mutants.

Bishop has a lot in common with Black Panther, as well.

But let's keep the focus on Kate Pryde.
    Excellently said....agreed and co-signed!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Can y'all tell me about the Bishop/Jean relationship.

It starts in which issue, shown or spoken about in which issues and ended with with issue/s?
    Age of X-Man: Alpha. Nate Grey sees Jean Grey get with Bishop and then he banishes Bishop to the shadow realm because he's seen that Jean has died because of her relationships and he sees them as toxic because they deny the X-Men their happy endings since they define themselves by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Age of X-Man: Alpha. Nate Grey sees Jean Grey get with Bishop and then he banishes Bishop to the shadow realm because he's seen that Jean has died because of her relationships and he sees them as toxic because they deny the X-Men their happy endings since they define themselves by others.
    So basically they're saying it's Bishop's fault and decide to take him out.

Did he whistle at Jean?

Extraordinary Member

So basically they're saying it's Bishop's fault and decide to take him out.

Did he whistle at Jean?

But yeah, just more evidence of shameless cultural appropriation by X-Men creative staff.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 11-21-2020 at 01:53 PM.

But yeah, just more evidence of shameless cultural appropriation by X-Men creative staff.
    Well, when they do a story about Jean and Bishop hooking up and decide to blame and get rid of the Black guy, it makes it look very dubious whether it was unintentional or not.

If they had given Bishop and Jean a child together, we could have seen Bishop's entire family tree wiped out.

... ... ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sin Nick; 11-23-2020 at 10:38 AM.

I still say I’d love to see Sage and Bishop reunited in X-Force. Ditch Colossus, add Bishop to the field team with Domino, Quire and Logan. Intel branch is still Beast, Jean, Sage and Black Tom. With Forge as tech support and sometimes joining on field missions, providing overwatch/sniper support.