Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Now, this is what I'm talking about! If Bishop is written to his potential the dude is a beast. He is the perfect blend of power adapt, soldier, and thinker. It's criminal that he isn't a leader on any of the teams!
    I can't wait till there's focus on him as a captain in a crisis that needs someone like him.

When you think about what he did to those future planets as terrible as it may have been, those X-Force #1 skydiving, skin graphed, Nazi troopers would be a non factor with someone of his caliber around.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I can't wait till there's focus on him as a captain in a crisis that needs someone like him.

When you think about what he did to those future planets as terrible as it may have been, those X-Force #1 skydiving, skin graphed, Nazi troopers would be a non factor with someone of his caliber around.
    Lol, facts bro! People forget that Bishop is that dude who will go hard when he shows out. He's allowed himself to be injured by sacrificing body for a kill shot. That's Wolverine level of crazy, intensity.

Lol, facts bro! People forget that Bishop is that dude who will go hard when he shows out. He's allowed himself to be injured by sacrificing body for a kill shot. That's Wolverine level of crazy, intensity.
    Bishop is the most dangerous kind of fighter, one who truly believes in his cause. He can be a zealot some times.

Biggest Spice Girls fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Biggest Spice Girls fan!!!
    Noooo... Bish! Not the sagging tube socks! You gotta get the no-show low cut!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Lol yeah. It was a radical departure from his initial XSE look, Onslaught football pads, Mad Max future wear, X-Treme leathers, Reload redux, and then whatever he wore during Messiah Complex.

I like that Anka took risks like the length in 2e and the “flaps” that made it to the winning design.
    I especially loved the way Alphona drew it during that one issue of UXF where they were in his dreamscape. But I also just really loved Alphona’s Bish. Period.

With his new roles as Captain and Red Bishop for Kate I wonder if we’ll get some new costumes for him. Especially as the RB because Emma is around with Jumbo Carnation making looks for folks. I haven’t really hated a lot of his outfits but this one stuck out to me a lot because, like you said, it felt so different and fresh. I’m almost upset that he missed out on X-Men to get a Asrar design.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-08-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I especially loved the way Alphona drew it during that one issue of UXF where they were in his dreamscape. But I also just really loved Alphona’s Bish. Period.

With his new roles as Captain and Red Bishop for Kate I wonder if we’ll get some new costumes for him. Especially as the RB because Emma is around with Jumbo Carnation making looks for folks. I haven’t really hated a lot of his outfits but this one stuck out to me a lot because, like you said, it felt so different and fresh. I’m almost upset that he missed out on X-Men to get a Asrar design.
    That's a nice look for Bish. Just need to bulk him up a little more. He's looking thin.

Looking badass as usual.

It's a damn shame Bishop is from some distant but not too distant future that he has no actual touchstones in present day that also exist in the future. He's from too far in the future to be personally impacted by DOFP, if something similar happened in his timeline. Like, Franklin Richards was Bishop's Professor X or something. Or that his future isn't ALSO one of the more fondly remembered times, like 2099. Imagine if THAT was Bishop's claim to fame: he was the X-Men 2099 story brought to the present day.

I mostly hate that he's from "the future" because I hate those kind of stories --but aside from XSE stuff, we know VERY little about the future he comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    It's a damn shame Bishop is from some distant but not too distant future that he has no actual touchstones in present day that also exist in the future. He's from too far in the future to be personally impacted by DOFP, if something similar happened in his timeline. Like, Franklin Richards was Bishop's Professor X or something. Or that his future isn't ALSO one of the more fondly remembered times, like 2099. Imagine if THAT was Bishop's claim to fame: he was the X-Men 2099 story brought to the present day.

I mostly hate that he's from "the future" because I hate those kind of stories --but aside from XSE stuff, we know VERY little about the future he comes from.
    Good point. The "traitor theory" has run its' course and there really is no chance of revisiting his future timeline.

The only thing that would make his timeline relevant again is if someone else from his future came to our present with a new warning or that Bishop needs to return to his future to prevent something from happening. But I don't see anymore time travel stories anytime soon.

Oh I don’t want more time travel. Blechhh. I hate that he’s a time travelled hero, but 1. It’s what we have, and 2. It’s an easy way to introduce him as an adult hero with no other allegiances.

I just hate that his past(future) is so unexplored and pretty monotone. It’s his history, for God’s sake. He should have regrets, worries, plans, etc for the world he currently occupies informed by the world we’re all headed for. Instead, he’s just “the black cop mutant”.

The reason this is raw for me right now is the recent thread about Cable’s original backstory that he was intended to be the future version of Cannonball. Last year when we were imagining new contexts for X-characters in the lull before HoXPoX, I’d imagined Bishop-as-Cable-from-DOFP-but-actually-Prodigy-from-the-future. He’d mentor HIMSELF in ways he’d never been mentored, a story spinning out of the adage: what would you do differently if you could talk to your past self.

All this is actually working with a time travelled protagonist, rather than ignoring it and moving forward. YMMV, ofc. I always want MORE.

Not much of Bishop in this month's Marauders. Hopefully he get's some major panel soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not much of Bishop in this month's Marauders. Hopefully he get's some major panel soon.
    Funny thing is that there are folks that are saying that there was a good showing for him in the recent Marauders book.

Funny thing is that there are folks that are saying that there was a good showing for him in the recent Marauders book.
    If by "good" they mean he was in the book then yes, it was a "good" showing.

what sort of weapons does Bishop currently use? does he design his own or does someone else make them like Beast or Forge?
    Do the guns do anything if he does not self-power them?