Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Well that would be difficult her being dead and all lol. And she's not getting a respawn without the Professors approval...
    As we all know, dead doesn't mean anything in comics. Moira's smart enough to know how to clone herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    As we all know, dead doesn't mean anything in comics. Moira's smart enough to know how to clone herself.
    If she dies, the universe is reset. Clones won't work if she dies before the ressurrection proccess

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I was referring to Destiny, how can Bishop find her if she’s dead...

I was referring to Destiny, how can Bishop find her if she’s dead...
    You don't need to be dead to have clones of yourself.

As far as Destiny goes, like I said, death doesn't mean much in comics and soap operas.

Lol we're done here...

Name one writer you think could make a good attempt to elevate Bishop’s status in the X-verse. Someone you think could come up with a good hook for a series (team, solo, mini, or otherwise), and have Bishop be the undisputed star.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Name one writer you think could make a good attempt to elevate Bishop’s status in the X-verse. Someone you think could come up with a good hook for a series (team, solo, mini, or otherwise), and have Bishop be the undisputed star.
    Honestly? Claremont + Davis. Claremont is quintessential X-Men, and he’s always respected and utilized Bishop as a significant member of the teams he wrote. Davis... because he and Claremont are great collaborators and when he draws faces, everyone looks unique and accurate.

Barring that, then Christopher Priest + Larry Stroman, team book.

0A0006EA-E99B-4D8B-8395-3407181C8CC4.jpg376582E0-925A-48ED-A1C5-DA0EC8E1E8D8.jpg915DCADA-6C55-4669-B538-8691CDBAE545.jpg
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-05-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Rick Remender...

Lol we're done here...
    Same here, no need to go any further.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Honestly? Claremont + Davis. Claremont is quintessential X-Men, and he’s always respected and utilized Bishop as a significant member of the teams he wrote. Davis... because he and Claremont are great collaborators and when he draws faces, everyone looks unique and accurate.

Barring that, then Christopher Priest + Larry Stroman, team book.

0A0006EA-E99B-4D8B-8395-3407181C8CC4.jpg376582E0-925A-48ED-A1C5-DA0EC8E1E8D8.jpg915DCADA-6C55-4669-B538-8691CDBAE545.jpg
    Interesting. I haven’t liked anything Claremont’s done since his initial run, so I kinda figured he was just out of ideas.

I had thought about Priest. Has he ever written anything X-Men centric, or expressed a desire to?

Rick Remender...
    Pretty sure Remender should learn a good deal of tact before coming back to the X-Men. Lol

Interesting. I haven’t liked anything Claremont’s done since his initial run, so I kinda figured he was just out of ideas.
    He may BE out of ideas! I’m no Claremont stan, but I DID enjoy the Bishop he wrote in X-treme and Reload. There’s a big challenge in writing X-Men books that don’t achieve the prestige of its past, so I figured why not just grab a pair of quintessential “X-Men Creators” and hand them the pieces?

Claremont was the one responsible for turning a team book into the Ororo show, and we loved him for it, heightening Storm while simultaneously growing Logan, Piotr, Kurt, Kitty... I say, present him the same deal with Bishop’s late 80s/early 90s peers: Gambit, Kwannon and Jubilee. Toss in Wolverine for sales and Rogue for chemistries, and it’s a quintessential roster too. It’s a cast that lets Bishop take the lead, as well.

Guys like Gambit, Iceman, and Jubilee can weave in an out, letting Claremont bring back Neal Shaara, Shola Inkose, and others for stints.

Al Ewing
    Saladin Ahmed

I would give either one of them a shot.

Is bishop really the last x-man hmmmm....

Given that he was the last original adult hero character brought to the brand before full maturation, deconstruction, and recapitulation... maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Given that he was the last original adult hero character brought to the brand before full maturation, deconstruction, and recapitulation... maybe?
    I think it’s actually Kwannon