Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

She’s not original. She’s a misunderstanding that was immediately written out using an AIDS analog.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    She’s not original. She’s a misunderstanding that was immediately written out using an AIDS analog.
    She joined the x-men right after bishop and part of that era you were talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Name one writer you think could make a good attempt to elevate Bishop’s status in the X-verse. Someone you think could come up with a good hook for a series (team, solo, mini, or otherwise), and have Bishop be the undisputed star.
    I'm in the Al Ewing camp. His Ultimates showed how good he is with cosmic/reality stuff, his Mighty Avengers had intricate character work with fun street level antics, and his Immortal Hulk has the horror/noir vibes that i think could go well with Bishop. The detective from the future who sometimes stops reality altering cataclysmic events? Pair him with a Kev Walker or a Declan Shalvey and you've got gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm in the Al Ewing camp. His Ultimates showed how good he is with cosmic/reality stuff, his Mighty Avengers had intricate character work with fun street level antics, and his Immortal Hulk has the horror/noir vibes that i think could go well with Bishop. The detective from the future who sometimes stops reality altering cataclysmic events? Pair him with a Kev Walker or a Declan Shalvey and you've got gold.
    Ewing did Ultimates? Ok I'm in!

After the travesty of Coates writing of Panther, I'm hesitant about suggesting someone else outside comics. However if I were it would be Steven Barnes. He's old but a very strong sci-fi fantasy writer that gives the books where he had black male leads excellent development and depth. Hell in a perfect world he would have gotten to do the Black Panther books. If not him then I would like to see Al Ewing handle a Bishop lead solo. I see him being a one man mutant time cop that is tasked with fixing or eliminating stray time threads caused by the time travels of fellow mutants...Looking at you Cable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    He may BE out of ideas! I’m no Claremont stan, but I DID enjoy the Bishop he wrote in X-treme and Reload. There’s a big challenge in writing X-Men books that don’t achieve the prestige of its past, so I figured why not just grab a pair of quintessential “X-Men Creators” and hand them the pieces?

Claremont was the one responsible for turning a team book into the Ororo show, and we loved him for it, heightening Storm while simultaneously growing Logan, Piotr, Kurt, Kitty... I say, present him the same deal with Bishop’s late 80s/early 90s peers: Gambit, Kwannon and Jubilee. Toss in Wolverine for sales and Rogue for chemistries, and it’s a quintessential roster too. It’s a cast that lets Bishop take the lead, as well.

Guys like Gambit, Iceman, and Jubilee can weave in an out, letting Claremont bring back Neal Shaara, Shola Inkose, and others for stints.
    I don't have much to add except I loved Bishop during Claremont's Xtreme and Reload runs. In X-treme I loved his friendship with Neal. Bishop will always be one of my favorites because I'm partial to the original Gold Team era. I was r-reading Uncanny 281-290 just yesterday.

They should do a Bishop and Sage book with that premise.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    After the travesty of Coates writing of Panther, I'm hesitant about suggesting someone else outside comics. However if I were it would be Steven Barnes. He's old but a very strong sci-fi fantasy writer that gives the books where he had black male leads excellent development and depth. Hell in a perfect world he would have gotten to do the Black Panther books. If not him then I would like to see Al Ewing handle a Bishop lead solo. I see him being a one man mutant time cop that is tasked with fixing or eliminating stray time threads caused by the time travels of fellow mutants...Looking at you Cable!!!
    We're all a little gun shy right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We're all a little gun shy right about now.
    I heard that Bishop lost a fight with M, does anyone have a scenario where he comes out on top in this matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I heard that Bishop lost a fight with M, does anyone have a scenario where he comes out on top in this matchup.
    She likes older tough guys.

I love Al Ewing, his work on marvel books have been pretty good. All the things he could do with time travel, it would be pretty crazy

Vita Ayala is also a big Bishop fan.

Ewing could probably do some interesting stuff, but none of his work (outside of the Hulk) has really “elevated” any single character. Could be that that was never his intention, or that it just didn’t work out. Maybe Bishop could be different.

I'm working on some Krakoan fanart and if folks are willing I'd love to see some favorite images of Bishop for reference. Google image isn't winning me over.

Anyone willing to share visuals of their favorite Bish lewks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Ewing could probably do some interesting stuff, but none of his work (outside of the Hulk) has really “elevated” any single character. Could be that that was never his intention, or that it just didn’t work out. Maybe Bishop could be different.
    Here’s a question for fans of Lucas:

Bishop is approached by <X-Men leadership> to form his own team for a mission of his own choosing. Who does Bishop select and why?

I can see him picking up Sage and Neal Shaara. Who are Bishop’s closest X-friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Anyone willing to share visuals of their favorite Bish lewks?
    C089956F-2D55-4549-A764-8D16D8A39C6B.jpgAF741592-6B5A-4A09-9C3F-C9C48A81030A.jpg