Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Have they ever even interacted on panel? Im drawing blanks on any chemistry between them. I wouldnt be opposed to it though

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I'm really digging how Bishop is being drawn in Marauders. He's giving me Shameik Moore/Morris Chesnut vibez and I'm here for it.

Does anyone else like the idea of Bishop and Dr Cecilia Reyes together? I can envision some detective and medical examiner banter over an autopsy straight out of Law & Order. They are both kind of no-nonsense people, but Bishop has a fun side that not everyone gets to see,and it'd be nice to see him explore it with a romantic partner. It seems like he's been out the game for a while
    I want more Bishop and Sage. They're probably one of the best duos in mutantdom

Mighty Member

Bishop appears to have next to no presence in the upcoming X of Swords crossover. Guy can't even get a cover appearance, such a shame that he is seen as an afterthought among the X-men. He is a fave of mine but man is it frustrating being a fan of his, but I suspect a lot of readers can relate regarding their favorites.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Bishop appears to have next to no presence in the upcoming X of Swords crossover. Guy can't even get a cover appearance, such a shame that he is seen as an afterthought among the X-men. He is a fave of mine but man is it frustrating being a fan of his, but I suspect a lot of readers can relate regarding their favorites.
    I feel writers don't know how to do Bishop right he is on Marauders ,yet he is a better fit if Exodus formed a strike team of Acolytes to for example use ghost boxes to take on threats from parallel worlds.Bishop would work much better as an intergalactic/inter dimensional space cop leading a team with Frenzy ,Unuscione or Mercury .It would be natural for him.I don't know why writers cannot see that.Right now he's just a prop for doing spadework for Emma and Storm and then not even being central to the team he is part of , travesty!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I feel writers don't know how to do Bishop right he is on Marauders ,yet he is a better fit if Exodus formed a strike team of Acolytes to for example use ghost boxes to take on threats from parallel worlds.Bishop would work much better as an intergalactic/inter dimensional space cop leading a team with Frenzy ,Unuscione or Mercury .It would be natural for him.I don't know why writers cannot see that.Right now he's just a prop for doing spadework for Emma and Storm and then not even being central to the team he is part of , travesty!
    Yeah, he was the lead in the whole Prisoner X mini now he has become Kitty's and to some extent Emma's lackey. I still can't get over the whole the red getup he is rocking now. Travesty indeed.

His red outfits have been the best part of Marauders!

Idk if any of you play mobile Marvel Future Fight game but I've been getting back into it lately and I forgot how good Bishop is in it! He uses his powers in really cool ways.
    This video does a nice review of him in the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNxaL3rGqLI

Yeah, he was the lead in the whole Prisoner X mini now he has become Kitty's and to some extent Emma's lackey. I still can't get over the whole the red getup he is rocking now. Travesty indeed.
    Agreed, there are a few waste of page books out right now that have too many cast characters in them. I'm resigned to believing that the racial biases are to deeply embedded into comic book culture hope any of people running the X-Men will ever get a clue or care. One only has to look at the disrespectful manner the Marvel is handling Black Panther and this is after his movie made well over a billion.

Bishop has been sidelined pretty much since that whole Hope/Cable mess. They put him on a team, give him a title and then proceed to do little in the way of consistent development.

I'd have rather them made a team of him and Sage and they investigate phenomenon on Krakoa and maybe what The Council is really doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, there are a few waste of page books out right now that have too many cast characters in them. I'm resigned to believing that the racial biases are to deeply embedded into comic book culture hope any of people running the X-Men will ever get a clue or care. One only has to look at the disrespectful manner the Marvel is handling Black Panther and this is after his movie made well over a billion.
    With so many X-titles you'd think he'd get to lead a team. It's like they forget he led his own squad and has great tactical abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    With so many X-titles you'd think he'd get to lead a team. It's like they forget he led his own squad and has great tactical abilities.
    Yeah its pretty sad, but the medium is dying already and the fact that those running are so resistant to allowing it to change are only helping the progression. We can't even get well crafted stories where he maybe a role player! Shockingly this no longer really stirs me up as I have started to care less about X-Men. The Hickman bump is wearing off of the franchise. I think the worst thing Our boy and the rest of the franchise was deciding to bring back mainstays after Hickman relaunched.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah its pretty sad, but the medium is dying already and the fact that those running are so resistant to allowing it to change are only helping the progression. We can't even get well crafted stories where he maybe a role player! Shockingly this no longer really stirs me up as I have started to care less about X-Men. The Hickman bump is wearing off of the franchise. I think the worst thing Our boy and the rest of the franchise was deciding to bring back mainstays after Hickman relaunched.
    I don't have the interest in the X-Men that I used to but I still see a part of the issues that drove me away in the first place. Marauders is the only book I follow in hopes of them doing something meaningful with Bishop

We can still offer opinions and suggestions on what we'd like to see. Whether they(X-Men/Marvel) listen is another matter. I think they give token attention to the issue but really don't address the systemic issue that plague not only them but other comics and media.

I would say that it's funny that Bishop didn't appear for Kate's resurrection but it's not funny. Just business as usual.

Kate's the Re Queen and Bishop is the Red Bishop of the Hellfire Trading Co. yet he wasn't there.

I really wish they would just put Bishop in X-Force where he belongs with the boo Sage. Not feeling this Red Token gimmick at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I really wish they would just put Bishop in X-Force where he belongs with the boo Sage. Not feeling this Red Token gimmick at all.
    I agree. he works better in that setting and has a good connection with Sage.

Why do I sometimes get the same vibe with all the more powerful black male mutants? We get teased that Synch and Darwin are important and being used for important mission, while Bishop is picked up and put on team. We see these moves made to give service to diversity, just to see all 3 pushed to the side and forgotten. I can't wait to see how Bishop's role changes when Avita starts writing this book.