Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Glad to see Bishop is getting some spotlight. I do hope to see him interacting with the other captains soon.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Attachment 91030
    Attachment 91031

Thoughts on Bishop's Uncanny X-Force Kris Anka redesign?
    One of his best. Top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    One of his best. Top 5.
    Lol yeah. It was a radical departure from his initial XSE look, Onslaught football pads, Mad Max future wear, X-Treme leathers, Reload redux, and then whatever he wore during Messiah Complex.

I like that Anka took risks like the length in 2e and the “flaps” that made it to the winning design.

Pretty decent showing for Bishop in Marauders, nothing spectacular but he's getting some good space. One thing I'd like to see is an expanded use of his powers. Too many times writers just have him point a gun and shoot.

They should be doing power combos where Storm hits him up with a bolt of lightning so that he becomes super charged and shooting out all kinds of isht. Even have it where Storm, Pyro and Bobby all hit him at once.

Mighty Member

I hope Bishop revisits his mentor/mentee relationship with Neal Shaara( who gets a new code name).

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Pretty decent showing for Bishop in Marauders, nothing spectacular but he's getting some good space. One thing I'd like to see is an expanded use of his powers. Too many times writers just have him point a gun and shoot.

They should be doing power combos where Storm hits him up with a bolt of lightning so that he becomes super charged and shooting out all kinds of isht. Even have it where Storm, Pyro and Bobby all hit him at once.
    Despite it being a not so great run, I remember Soule doing a lot of different stuff with Bishop’s powers during Astonishing. I remember that one page where he apparently converted one type of energy into another? Not something i ever recalled him doing before.

Edit: this one

Last edited by Psycwave; 01-05-2020 at 12:37 PM.

The more you sit and think about the potential versatility of Bishop's powers, the more you wonder why they gave him a gun.

If he can convert energy, can he convert physical like Shaw or Guido?

Mighty Member

The more you sit and think about the potential versatility of Bishop's powers, the more you wonder why they gave him a gun.

He powers are basically if Vulcan and Dazzler had a baby...He is a energy converter with some manipulation tease..

Despite it being a not so great run, I remember Soule doing a lot of different stuff with Bishop’s powers during Astonishing. I remember that one page where he apparently converted one type of energy into another? Not something i ever recalled him doing before.

Yeah, this is a good example. With him now appearing regularly in a title, there needs to be more things done with his powerset.

Gotta be more than just pointing a gun.

I know he becomes stronger and more invulnerable if he absorbs lots of energy.

Why couldn't they keep this team together.

This was really badass. A very good use of his powers and the series gave him a nice mission: patrol the cronal events

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

oh this is pretty cool. I've never known him to do this either.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Need more displays.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now, this is what I'm talking about! If Bishop is written to his potential the dude is a beast. He is the perfect blend of power adapt, soldier, and thinker. It's criminal that he isn't a leader on any of the teams!