Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I really liked it when Soule(?) had Bishop use his energy projection to stop from landing splat after a long fall.
    That was amazing feat

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm fine with not many power feats right now because I think the story that Duggan is building with him is pretty cool. The story > the feats.
    Detective Bishop dealing with all the mysteries and now possibly spying on Hellfire has been extremely enjoyable.
    I think it is nice Bishop being the smart detective, but i want to see more of his personal story and powers.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-02-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I really liked it when Soule(?) had Bishop use his energy projection to stop from landing splat after a long fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    See, that's a cool use of his power other than shooting energy blasts. This is what I'm talking about when I say be creative with his abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That was amazing feat
    I kind of hate when they do stuff like that though. Kind of deus ex machina of the powers.

"Hey..you got him falling to his death...how you gonna get him out of it?"
    "By doing something he with his powers he has never done before."

Arguably his ability to absorb energy could have absorbed kinetic energy of the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I kind of hate when they do stuff like that though. Kind of deus ex machina of the powers.

Arguably his ability to absorb energy could have absorbed kinetic energy of the impact.
    I don't see it like that. He was forced to use his powers in a way that he hadn't before to save his life. It was a natural extension of his abilities.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm fine with not many power feats right now because I think the story that Duggan is building with him is pretty cool. The story > the feats.
    Detective Bishop dealing with all the mysteries and now possibly spying on Hellfire has been extremely enjoyable.
    The problem is so far we haven't seen him doing any spying related activities or really doing much of anything but being a crew member on Kitty's boat. He's sort of just there. If he was off on his own doing his own thing and working in concert with the team that would be good. He would have his own storyline but instead he's relegated to being Kitty's man. I think Duggan was forced to put him on the team because it doesn't seem like he knows what to do with him. Bishop would have been better off in X-force or X-factor honestly, or something else all together because Marauders is not doing it for him. Not really doing anything for Storm either.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    The problem is so far we haven't seen him doing any spying related activities or really doing much of anything but being a crew member on Kitty's boat. He's sort of just there. If he was off on his own doing his own thing and working in concert with the team that would be good. He would have his own storyline but instead he's relegated to being Kitty's man. I think Duggan was forced to put him on the team because it doesn't seem like he knows what to do with him. Bishop would have been better off in X-force or X-factor honestly, or something else all together because Marauders is not doing it for him. Not really doing anything for Storm either.
    Yeah, I think there has to be a storyline focusing on Bishop and for each of the other characters for that matter.

As I understand it, getting punched just gives Bishop energy to absorb, but doesn’t prevent him from getting bruised. Am I wrong?

Falling splat is like a huge, mega-punch.

Extraordinary Member

As I understand it, getting punched just gives Bishop energy to absorb, but doesn’t prevent him from getting bruised. Am I wrong?

Falling splat is like a huge, mega-punch.
    They could say "a fall like that is like a 2 story fall for a person in exceptional shape. He absorbed most of the impact but cracked several ribs and dislocated a shoulder.

They could say "a fall like that is like a 2 story fall for a person in exceptional shape. He absorbed most of the impact but cracked several ribs and dislocated a shoulder.
    I don’t think Bishop has ever been shown to have extreme physical durability like that, though?

The “using my blast powers to stop my fall” makes more sense than him suddenly being near invulnerable. And it shows a pretty cool display of fine-tuned control.

But to each their own, maybe.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wish he was wearing more red as befits his new status as Red Bishop...he looks scrummylicious and his rows are tight but...I want full on shades of red everything with black or silver accents.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Gimme a scene where Bishop sucks all the heat and light out of a room. The dude is NEVER out of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Gimme a scene where Bishop sucks all the heat and light out of a room. The dude is NEVER out of ammo.
    Can Bishop consciously control how and what he absorbs like that? Or is it just whatever is thrown at him?

Wasn't there a scene in the 90s where he tells Cyclops that he's always soaking up energy, he just lets it go unless he uses it? I was like well DAYUM put him outside and tell him to throw it to 11 and watch the sky go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Wasn't there a scene in the 90s where he tells Cyclops that he's always soaking up energy, he just lets it go unless he uses it? I was like well DAYUM put him outside and tell him to throw it to 11 and watch the sky go dark.
    Well yeah. But light is always hitting everyone, so he’s always absorbing it. To absorb all light around him would require some sort of “suction”, for lack of a better term.

I see what you're asking. You're saying he has no active toggle or valve for the energy absorption aspect of his powerset. That may be true. No clue. I feel like... wouldn't that be the first thing you work on?

What's your preference?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wish he was wearing more red as befits his new status as Red Bishop...he looks scrummylicious and his rows are tight but...I want full on shades of red everything with black or silver accents.
    I'm not impresed with his new red bishop costume