Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe she'll become a Teen Titan? The team no longer has a bat family representative now that Damian's gone.
    I really doubt this. I could see her as a Batfamily representative if she was Batgirl, but the dialogue really wants to imply that Batgirl (or a Bat-related name) isn't the best for Cassandra.

I could see her with a totally independent alias in an independent team from the Batfamily, but it will be weird, since she just recently is using the bat symbol again.

I guess we will have to wait to March.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-13-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Wow.

We have FOUR appearances of Cass next week.

Final issue of Batman & the Outsiders
    A panel (maybe more) in Death Metal #5
    There's a story involving Cass & Orca in The Doomed and the Damned
    Tec (since it begins the Mirror hunting the "Family").
    A typo, I guess - it's Death Metal #4 this week. I think visible in just 1 panel though present in a whole scene - you just can't see her because of the angles.

Are you referring to Detective #1028 which came out yesterday? I didn't notice Cass but maybe missed her in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Cassandra's appearance in Death Metal seems to be in (a version of) Final Crisis, so she is appearing in her original Batgirl suit.

In Tec, she will appear with her new suit (we have an image from Bilquis Evely). Barbara will also appear in her current Batgirl suit.

Cassandra is called Orphan in her team-up with Orca in the Doomed and the Damned, but it is possible she is using her new suit. After all, it is possible Cassandra is still called Orphan in her new suit.
    She's still in the Orphan suit and called Orphan.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    So the Death Metal cameo is.. spoilers:
    Superman is in the Dark Multiverse where Darkseid won Final Crisis with Kara/Cass being his armrests as Hal makes a construct for him to sit on.
    end of spoilers The Doomed and the Damned probably has her in the Orphan costume since who knows when the story was planned. B&O could maybe be after Joker War or before. Tec is the only one that probably features the new costume.
    You are right about the Doomed and Damned story.

The Supergirl "armrest" in Death Metal is in her pre-Flashpoint suit. Final Crisis was in -- 2008? By then, was Cass out of the League of Assassins and back in her Batgirl suit?

There's an editor's note on the credits page that the story in Batman and the Outsiders takes place before The Joker War.

Extraordinary Member

Steph and Cass will be headlining the Batgirls story as part of Future State. New costumes:

Ugh. I hate that she's still labeled as Orphan for gosh sake.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Hate the name, but love the costume .

Yeah, looks like an update of the Orphan suit but still has the Bat symbol. I've never had a problem with the Orphan costume, I just think the name needs to go. In this case though, the names Orphan and Spoiler could just be disambiguation, as they're both Batgirls.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, looks like an update of the Orphan suit but still has the Bat symbol. I've never had a problem with the Orphan costume, I just think the name needs to go. In this case though, the names Orphan and Spoiler could just be disambiguation, as they're both Batgirls.
    The costume without the bat-symbol and cape never looked as good as it could be to me.

I still don't get the baggy pants either, but I can live with it.

The name already lost meaning and it's an Artifact title used for marketing reason.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    The name already lost meaning and it's an Artifact title used for marketing reason.
    For lack of anything to market with.

Spectacular Member

Bat Ninja. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't get the baggy pants either, but I can live with it.
    Presumably it's based off of iga bakama, the baggy pants (that are also usually tight around the shins down) that ninja (cinematic ninja, at least) wore.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    Presumably it's based off of iga bakama, the baggy pants (that are also usually tight around the shins down) that ninja (cinematic ninja, at least) wore.
    I get that. I think Batman even had them in Batman: Ninja. It's just kind of distracting .

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Ugh. I hate that she's still labeled as Orphan for gosh sake.
    I feel the same way. I'd borderline kill to have Cassandra back as the pre-52 Batgirl. Orphan makes no sense. She kept the handicaps but lost her abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I feel the same way. I'd borderline kill to have Cassandra back as the pre-52 Batgirl. Orphan makes no sense. She kept the handicaps but lost her abilities?
    At that point, if they aren’t gonna let her have the Batgirl moniker, why don’t they just give her back her pre-52 moniker of Black Bat? Might not be as good as Batgirl but it’s certainly better than Orphan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At that point, if they aren’t gonna let her have the Batgirl moniker, why don’t they just give her back her pre-52 moniker of Black Bat? Might not be as good as Batgirl but it’s certainly better than Orphan.
    They can't copyright it