Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sorry, but no. Variant cover artist used the wrong costume it seems.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/bruce-way...s-in-war-zone/

She's still Orphan.
    Just comparing the two makes the Orphan costume look worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Look at the tweet I posted with the cover, James is directly teasing becoming batgirl.
    Nope. It's Batgirls, plural. And he's keeping his mouth zipped, not saying anything to confirm or deny it when people ask.

I think "Batgirls" might actually be the name of the story.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey, even if she doesn't go by Batgirl, if she ditches the codename and costume I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just comparing the two makes the Orphan costume look worse.
    honestly, i had kinda of gotten used to the orphan costume and was just happy Cass was back on a semi-regular basis. but you are right, that costume is garbage next to her in HER Batgirl costume!!!!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nope. It's Batgirls, plural. And he's keeping his mouth zipped, not saying anything to confirm or deny it when people ask.

I think "Batgirls" might actually be the name of the story.
    I think it's kinda silly to not think he is teasing Cass batgirl off those tweets, he can't confirm or deny when the story isn't close to coming out yet.

Look at the tweet I posted with the cover, James is directly teasing becoming batgirl.
    It isn't just the tweet, in one of his blog posts Tynion teased "Batgirls" as in plural. And is very much playing coy. Add to the subplot with Cass in B&O and Tynion said stuff in the one-shot impact what will happen in the Batbooks for 2021. Well....
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentimpotent View Post
    honestly, i had kinda of gotten used to the orphan costume and was just happy Cass was back on a semi-regular basis. but you are right, that costume is garbage next to her in HER Batgirl costume!!!!
    I don't mind most of the costume, just the mask. My favorite is still Black Bat, but when she's mute, her Batgirl costume is very fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    It isn't just the tweet, in one of his blog posts Tynion teased "Batgirls" as in plural. And is very much playing coy. Add to the subplot with Cass in B&O and Tynion said stuff in the one-shot impact what will happen in the Batbooks for 2021. Well....
    Yep, I get being catiuous, but DC and Tynion are prettty much telling us she'll get the costume soon.

Astonishing Member

Yep, I get being catiuous, but DC and Tynion are prettty much telling us she'll get the costume soon.
    A variant cover isn't a reliable thing at all. The artist could just decide a costume because he/she likes more that costume. So, I wouldn't say this is a hint that Cass will get the costume.

Tynion teasing Batgirls for Cassandra and Stephanie isn't new, he has already do that in Detective Comics. We just can hope it has more impact now.

I think at the very least we're getting Cass back in the costume. There are three reasons why. #1 Earlier this year we've already had Shadow of the Batgirl and DCeased Unkillables which featured her as Batgirl. When you have both of those happening you know the gears are turning than say in 2011. #2 We know since NYCC that the history of Cass as Batgirl was being put back in. Sooo... why not undo one of the greatest crimes they did to the character? #3 Tynion been wanting this since he brought the character back. With certain "folks" who could be seen as a roadblock to denying this or had in the past, they aren't with the company currently. Add that up with September being just about the right time said folk would be gone and with their influence gone, and suddenly Tynion gets his wish...
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    I think at the very least we're getting Cass back in the costume. There are three reasons why. #1 Earlier this year we've already had Shadow of the Batgirl and DCeased Unkillables which featured her as Batgirl. When you have both of those happening you know the gears are turning than say in 2011. #2 We know since NYCC that the history of Cass as Batgirl was being put back in. Sooo... why not undo one of the greatest crimes they did to the character? #3 Tynion been wanting this since he brought the character back. With certain "folks" who could be seen as a roadblock to denying this or had in the past, they aren't with the company currently. Add that up with September being just about the right time said folk would be gone and with their influence gone, and suddenly Tynion gets his wish...
    Yep, I even remember him saying he wanted Cass to be batgirl in the past. Now that he is the main Batman writer, he has opprotunities that he didn't have in the pass as well as different editors at the helm.

Yep, I even remember him saying he wanted Cass to be batgirl in the past. Now that he is the main Batman writer, he has opprotunities that he didn't have in the pass as well as different editors at the helm.
    And an opening with how in-flux current continuity is to just re-insert her Batgirl history again .

Astonishing Member

Cass getting her costume back is a big enough move for me.

But a full-tilt Batgirls scenario is where I really want things to go.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Batman and the Outsiders #12 (June, 2020). Art by Michael Golden.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Cass getting her costume back is a big enough move for me.

But a full-tilt Batgirls scenario is where I really want things to go.
    Full Tilt Batgirls is a title that needs to happen.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord