Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    One of the showrunners for YJ, Greg Weisman, actually addressed the "Batgirl" question, and no, it had nothing to do with comics editorial.

"When Bart became Kid Flash, he was doing it in Wally's memory. But Barbara's not dead. And we like the idea of both Stephanie and Cassandra having their own identities as opposed to stepping into someone else's shoes. As for who might or might not be what down the road - NO SPOILERS!"
    That doesn't really track when there are plenty of examples of legacy heroes of characters who are still alive in the show.

Not to mention missing the point of how big a deal being Batgirl was for Cass.

Yeah - Aquaman being the main example. Arthur retired so Kaldur upgraded from Aqualad to Aquaman. Who else was there?

Robin and Blue Beetle are both using the mantles of dead heroes (Jason Todd, in Tim's case). Donna was never Wonder Girl in that continuity, so Cassie Sandsmark isn't named after someone still living either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    One of the showrunners for YJ, Greg Weisman, actually addressed the "Batgirl" question, and no, it had nothing to do with comics editorial.

"When Bart became Kid Flash, he was doing it in Wally's memory. But Barbara's not dead. And we like the idea of both Stephanie and Cassandra having their own identities as opposed to stepping into someone else's shoes. As for who might or might not be what down the road - NO SPOILERS!"
    I still get the feeling a mandate was there just like they originally had problems getting Donna on the show (which was fixed in Season 3).
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - Aquaman being the main example. Arthur retired so Kaldur upgraded from Aqualad to Aquaman. Who else was there?

Robin and Blue Beetle are both using the mantles of dead heroes (Jason Todd, in Tim's case). Donna was never Wonder Girl in that continuity, so Cassie Sandsmark isn't named after someone still living either.
    In the instance of Jason and Tim, Dick is still alive so technically they're both using his name even though he's Nightwing now.

Barry Allen becoming The Flash while Jay Garrick was alive.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    I still get the feeling a mandate was there just like they originally had problems getting Donna on the show (which was fixed in Season 3).
    That's honestly my thoughts when I first read that. Obviously they can't admit that when the show is still "current" and we only knew about the Wonder Woman issues after the fact.

Ultimate Member

Cass was name dropped in Injustice Year Zero. Wonder if we'll ever see what she's been up to

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Cass was name dropped in Injustice Year Zero. Wonder if we'll ever see what she's been up to
    Taylor used her in DCeased so maybe he came up with a way of working her into Injustice.

Babs was Oracle before she took the pill and became Batgirl again so presumably there could've been another Batgirl in the interim.

Yeah unfortunately like a good handful of characters that are appearing or referenced in Year Zero if we haven’t seen them in either Injustice or Injustice 2 I’m thinking it’s not going to go well for Cassandra. Especially as Frontier pointed out that Barbara had to return to active duty as Batgirl.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah unfortunately like a good handful of characters that are appearing or referenced in Year Zero if we haven’t seen them in either Injustice or Injustice 2 I’m thinking it’s not going to go well for Cassandra. Especially as Frontier pointed out that Barbara had to return to active duty as Batgirl.
    Eh, doesn't have to go bad, either. Wildcat, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Dr. Midnite and plenty of others never showed up to fight the regime. She might have just retired

Eh, doesn't have to go bad, either. Wildcat, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Dr. Midnite and plenty of others never showed up to fight the regime. She might have just retired
    I mean that is possible, I just find it hard to believe when literally every other member of the immediate Batfamily showed up in Injustice and Injustice 2 and this is the first time we hear about her. Dick, Damian, Jason, Tim, Barbara, and Kate all showed up, I feel like if Cassandra was still around she would have helped especially near the end of year 5 where it was basically just down to Bruce, Barbara, and Kate.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean that is possible, I just find it hard to believe when literally every other member of the immediate Batfamily showed up in Injustice and Injustice 2 and this is the first time we hear about her. Dick, Damian, Jason, Tim, Barbara, and Kate all showed up, I feel like if Cassandra was still around she would have helped especially near the end of year 5 where it was basically just down to Bruce, Barbara, and Kate.
    It would be a bit odd for Cass to retire when things for the Batfamily are so dire.

Dick dead. Tim dead. Helena dead. Kate dead.

Damian a traitor on the Regime side.

Only Bruce, Babs and Jason left.

I guess they could maybe explain it as Bruce tasking her with a secret mission against the Regime in another part of the world like Hong Kong or Europe.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I would expect Cass also to be dead, it wouldn't make much sense that she she didn't show up sofar otherwise.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Honestly I would expect Cass also to be dead, it wouldn't make much sense that she she didn't show up sofar otherwise.
    After losing Dick and Damien, Bruce is unable to face the possibility of losing Cassandra as well. He tasks her to train his agents, scattered across the globe.

Boom, done

After losing Dick and Damien, Bruce is unable to face the possibility of losing Cassandra as well. He tasks her to train his agents, scattered across the globe.

Boom, done
    Again its possible, we know nothing besides a name drop and having not seen her throughout the other stories in the Injustice universe. Then again the JSA were also around and most of their members did not show up until Injustice 2 and now Year Zero, so lets wait and see if he actually does anything with her in Year zero.

So far he's got her in DCeased so lets see if he decides to use her in Injustice as well. All I know is with what looks like her being Batgirl again in Joker War, being in DCeased, and possibly Injustice Cassandra might be in for a decent showing this year.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-07-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    Words to live by.

Cass and Shiva seem tailor-made for a fighting game. I'm kind of surprised they haven't been used yet...